Magic Bands in November

DisneyJoe

Yes.

I think it's a bigger problem if they are within months of rolling out a $1B+ new system and 90% of their guests know nothing about it. There are Mickey head scanners everywhere. New room door scanners, new park entry scanners, cash register scanners and FP return scanners. A bunch of people will be walking around with bands accessing all of those things. It would be nice to give guests a heads up about what it's all for and how it will impact their vacation if at all.

I would venture to say that most guests don't even know about normal Fastpass, even though signs are everywhere, it's in guidebooks, and info is printed on every park map. People stare and talk when you go thru the regular FP lines now as if we are privileged.

Longers

I go in 54 days to POR. I had to phone the Walt Disney Company to get my reservation number to be able to access the my disney experience app and see my reservation online but no news re magic bands yet. But the tickets dont seem to be connected even though they do show under my reservations. By the looks of things they don't ship magic bands to the UK anyway but would love to test out so will keep checking back to these forums and hopefully will find out some more info ahead of my trip

stevehousse

Original Poster
Any update on if anyone has been able to secure magic bands and FP+ for November yet?

More hotels not previously announced have been added to October, but haven't heard about anyone using them for November???

ratherbeinwdw

Any update on if anyone has been able to secure magic bands and FP+ for November yet?

More hotels not previously announced have been added to October, but haven't heard about anyone using them for November???
I made reservations day before yesterday and the cm told me that at this point, there was no MB testing for November. Of course, they could roll out or it could change by then.

rkelly42

We are leaving in 49 days and staying at the poly, nothing yet. So at this point I pretty much given up any chance for us being part of any MB or Fastpass + test.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We are leaving in 49 days and staying at the poly, nothing yet. So at this point I pretty much given up any chance for us being part of any MB or Fastpass + test.
Don't give up yet. Poly is one of the resorts testing in October, which means if testing continues into November you will be selected. We stayed at AKL in August and participated, and AKL is still using MB and FP+. With both our reservations (AKL in August and Poly in Oct.) we were not notified until 3 weeks prior to our arrival date. You still have plenty of time.

stevehousse

Original Poster
Seeing as how basically all on site resorts are now "testing" magi bands with more resorts added today I think a Nov 1st roll out seems very likely...I really hope so! We have 55 days left till we r there...can't wait any longer!

I_heart_Tigger

I just read the most updated list for Canadian testings and Grand Floridian shows as one of the test resorts for The whole month of October - my sister will be pleased, she was hoping to try it. I have friends at Old Key West just outside their test period - they arrive on Oct 13th and testing doesn't start until the 14th. They won't be part of the test but I filled them in on some details in case they see other people doing things that they aren't.

I wouldn't count on anything for November. It might roll out park wide but Disney tests are often done well in advance of the actual start date. Heck I rode Test Track (original) about a year and a half before it opened! We joked that the attraction was that it will always stay in testing phase.

LizC

I have an AP, and am staying at AKL October 16 - 20. I customized our Magic Bands and made Fast Pass + reservations for the trip. I just realized I am also able to make them for any day through November 20th.

Not sure what this means, but thought I would share.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have an AP, and am staying at AKL October 16 - 20. I customized our Magic Bands and made Fast Pass + reservations for the trip. I just realized I am also able to make them for any day through November 20th.

Not sure what this means, but thought I would share.

Interesting. We at least know the FP+ system will be up and running in November. I still think within the next week or so they will announce the rollout for all of November.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I really hope so! It would e so nice to have all te FP picked already especially with 2 young kids...

I think I'm coming around now that the majority of reviews seem to be positive. I was a little skeptical at first and hoping it wouldn't be out yet for my November trip, but now I'm kinda looking forward to it.

TheMouseFan

I think I'm coming around now that the majority of reviews seem to be positive. I was a little skeptical at first and hoping it wouldn't be out yet for my November trip, but now I'm kinda looking forward to it.
I feel exactly the same way! Now, I keep checking the website every day to see if I can customize bands and schedule FP+ for our Nov. 19-23 trip. Have a great trip!!

I just finished adding photopass+ to our reservation in February 2014. I mentioned magicbands and the cast member told me to hold on. He assured me that magicbands would be available for our trip and to check on September 30th and we should be able to customize. We'll see I guess but some hope is better than no hope.

stevehousse

Original Poster
I just finished adding photopass+ to our reservation in February 2014. I mentioned magicbands and the cast member told me to hold on. He assured me that magicbands would be available for our trip and to check on September 30th and we should be able to customize. We'll see I guess but some hope is better than no hope.
Wow! That's great news to hear! Hopefully the CM was correct an every on site guest will be able to access the program after sept 30!!

I too was skeptical at first because I am so used to the regular FP system, but then I thought it would be great because I wouldn't have to leave my family to run and get them!

It has been so long since I have been there, it didn't really matter either way. But I am a planner, as is my husband. We have been married 7 years and never taken a vacation by ourselves, let alone with two kids, 5 & 3. So being able to guarantee rides on the most important 60 days in advance is great. Plus I find it helpful that dining reservations are 180 out, so I know which park we will be at on any given day. So it isn't taking too much spontaneity out of the vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom