Maelstrom vs. El Rio Del Tiempo

Katherine

Definantly Maelstrom! R del T is a nice relaxing ride which is good sometime but it definitly needs some spice to liven it up.

all41

After Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster and Dinosaur, my kids ( age 6 and 9) LOVED R del T and the Maleastrom. As my son said, "A ride without drops in the dark is nice". For me, I like the air conditioning and three headed troll.

SamatBCV

Actually I like them both the same. I used to like RdT better cause of the music (now I have the song in my head and can't get it out). Then my wife came up with a silly song for Maelstrom and we sing it whenever we're passing by Norway.

meeko_33785

I like them both, but I think I'd give Maelstrom the edge over El Rio. The theming is great and the touch of thrill is perfect.

LeaveALegacyGuy

Maelstrom all the way!!:sohappy: :sohappy: El Rio Del Tiempo is nice, but the only time I would ride it is if it is really hot and that is the closest thing to me. "Disappear, Disapear!:fork: "

General Grizz

I'm more attached to El Rio for some reason, but I really love Norway as well. Both are excellent attractions, actually, in my opinion despite their signs of age! :)

THX-1701

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I like the Maelstrom better too,but I think its way to short.
They should add a couple more drops in like splash mountain.

Badger Brent

The ride and movie are my fav at Epcot. While everyone walks though the movie part I get a chair and relax. The chairs could be a little more comfortable though.

If they rehabbed the Mexico ride it has a lot of potential to be a great ride. Nice detour on a hot day!!

My heritage is Norwegian/German. Since I can't travel to Norway this is a close as I get. TUK!!:D

rocketman23

I like Maelstrom more than some of the rides in Future World (I'm looking at you Body Wars, HISTA, and Universe of Energy:fork: ). So, it's got to be my trolls at Maelstrom.

Main Street USA

I think the Maelstrom is more exciting, but man, is it short or what? I'd have to say it's a really close competition. They both have their good sides. I WILL say that the Rio boats are small. I'm 6'3" so my knees tend to touch.:)

tomman710

I am gonna go against the norm and say El Rio. They are both awesome rides but there is nothing like a nice relaxing drift through Mexico, albeit a fake Mexico, but still awesome nontheless. I will agree it is looking a bit worn, but a great ride.

Maria

I like both but can´t really compare them. They are totally different in the way they show their countries because the countries are also totally different.

I like El Rio del Tiempo, but it´s too old already and the audio is very bad. I could never figure out what they said before passing under the bridge. It could probably be a little bit more explanatory, like the Maelstrom is. When I worked there, I used to give tours to families and ride it with them and explain what each scene was. Even then, there are things that are not very understandable to the general tourist. The theming inside the ride and in the whole pavillion is superb. I personally hate the carrousel with the people hanging from it at the end. I love how they show Reforma Avenue in Mexico City and the fireworks but the carrousel is disgusting! :mad: :hurl: I wish I could give my opinion before they rehab it, if they ever... :rolleyes: :animwink:

figmentmom

I'm very attached to El Rio. It's just more atmospheric (in fact, Mexico is my favorite World Showcase pavilion). Norway isn't as charming for me, I guess!

Tramp

I like El Rio...it brings back some very favorite memories of trips to Acapulco. The depiction of the street peddlers is so accurate!

But if I were pressed to make a decision which I liked best, I couldn't do it cuz, like others have said, they're both very different.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom