Maelstrom vs. El Rio Del Tiempo

maelstrom

Well, I'd have to say Maelstrom (oh, did my username give it away? lol). El Rio Del Tiempo is a good ride as well, but I'd have to say that Maelstrom is better. :)

EpcoTim

Maelstrom is the better ride, more entertaining, but I like Rio a tad, a tiny tiny bit more. I like going under the temple and the various scenes......i cant explain it any better right now.....

Brett

I'm an avid fan of El Rio del Tiempo.....but the Maelstrom owns. If only because of the gorgeous Norway girls working the ride, or around the pavillion. It's heaven on earth.

cuteypatooty78

When I was there last September I think Maelstrom was under rehab. Never ridden it before. I liked Rio Del Tiempo though...I thought the fake fireworks were pretty cool looking!:)

lentesta

Premium Member
The_CEO: ROFL.

Bearboysnc: that's the perfect description of El Rio.

I prefer El Rio. Good air conditioning. Shorter waits. Quaint effects.

Jim Hill (of JimHillMedia.com) had an interesting piece on Maelstrom the other day. Apparently the Imagineers had wanted guests to experience the full fury of a North Seas rainstorm (towards the end, when you see the oil-drilling platform), but the expense of laundering the rain gear was prohibitive. Too bad. Would have made for a classic attraction.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to fund some of the shelved attraction ideas in Epcot.

Len

[Edit: fixed a typo.]

kennyj29

El Rio

I have to say I like El Rio just a tad more. If the Maelstrom ride was a little longer I might feel differently. It seems you get in the boat and then it's over. At least El Rio you feel like you had a nice relaxing ride. Anyway, both are good and since I'm not too thrilled with Future World in Epcot, they make up for it!

pisco

I vote for El Rio mostly because I hate getting trapped waiting for the theater to open at the end of Maelstrom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom