Maelstrom Rehab.

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
From the All Ears newsletter:

The Maelstrom ride in World Showcase's Norway pavilion will undergo an extensive rehab beginning July 14. The ride will
not be changed, just receive a general sprucing up, and new
safety gates will be installed at the loading area. In
addition, new carpeting is supposed to be installed in the
theater. Look for the outside of the building to have a
trompe l'oeil facade, similar to the type used during the
rehab of the Italy pavilion.

Does anyone know how long it'll take? I'd like to ride Maelstrom sometime between July 20th and August 11th...

WDWFREAK53

NORWAY SHALL ALWAYS MEAN ADVENTURE!

BACK BACK O'ER DA FALLS!

YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST, NOR SHALL YOU BE THE LAST...(to get rehabbed)

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
Damn, why do they rehab attractions over summer? Aren't July and August the busiest months? You'd think they'd want as many things open as possible.

WDWFREAK53

I believe when the green light is given...or should I say the "green paper" is given for a project or rehab, it starts immediately because if it doesn't, the money might get "lost in the shuffle" and thrown back into the pot. Not positive though.

And another reason...TO BE FAIR!
Granted, the people that go to WDW pay more to STAY inside WDW during peak times than people who go at average times or times when there is low attendance, but...the THEME PARK PRICES still remain the same. Now, if I were to go in October and everything that needed to be rehabbed was being rehabbed, then I would seriously be disappointed because I would feel like I pay the SAME amount of money as people that enter the parks at peak season but I'm getting LESS for my money. I believe that Disney is pretty "with it" when it comes to knowing when to shut things down for refurbishment.

Poncho1973

Originally posted by TravisM
well I am glad it is getting some attention though ...call me a dork..I love the ride :)

Dork. Sorry I just couldn't resist. :lol:

It is a great attraction. If they could only get that standing polar bear to look a little more realistic.

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by figmentmom
You're right about that polar bear. It's the phoniest-looking animal in WDW!:lol:

I thought I was the only one who thought it was really phony too!! My goodness, it doesn't even look semi-real... lol

But anyway... all in all I have to say I do enjoy the Maelstrom.

"YOU are not the first to pass this VEY...." :lol:

ToTBellHop

I thought I was the only freak who keeps repeating "YOU are not ze fyerst to pass dis VAAAYY..nyor shall you be ze last..."! CLASSIC ride...I'll be sad to miss it in August. In all fairness, it costs more to get a room in February, when we went, than it does now...and rides were closed for rehab then...hell...Blizzard Beach was closed then...so the summer crowds should have to suffer too! Disney is going to install those safety gates on every ride before they are done...I can see it now...safety gates next to every seat on the busses that open as soon as the aisle is clear.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I thought I was the only freak who keeps repeating "YOU are not ze fyerst to pass dis VAAAYY..nyor shall you be ze last..."! CLASSIC ride...I'll be sad to miss it in August. In all fairness, it costs more to get a room in February, when we went, than it does now...and rides were closed for rehab then...hell...Blizzard Beach was closed then...so the summer crowds should have to suffer too! Disney is going to install those safety gates on every ride before they are done...I can see it now...safety gates next to every seat on the busses that open as soon as the aisle is clear.

LOL love that Safety gate on the busses...SO TRUE THOUGH!

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Jekyll

It's Epcots only thrill ride besides Body wars so of course it's one ot the top thrill rides.
:lol:

When was the last time you were at Epcot???

You haven't been on Test Track???

or are you saying that TT (being the most technologically advanced ride in the world)(although it's downtime proves that it's not the BEST technology out there) isn't thrilling?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Jekyll
My mistake...I retrack my previous post under stupidity.....

NO PROB :) I actually thought you were saying it as a joke...saying that Test Track wasn't thrilling...

(to tell you the truth...it's NOT ALL THAT thrilling...but it does go fast)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom