Maelstrom and Other Lackluster Queue Lines.

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
I was just watching Martin's Norway Ultimate Tribute and it reminded me of one thing I thought while visiting EPCOT earlier this year.

The queue for Norway is just plain boring! That's one thing that I always enjoy about rides, the queue. Don't ask me why, I just feel that it can add to any ride tremendously.

Now don't get me wrong, I find the mural and the wall above the loading dock to be absolutely gorgeous. However, why don't they do some rock work (Somewhat like the caves in Tom Sawyer's Island) in the queue. I feel like that could truly add to the experience and possibly even draw in a few more guests as well?

What are some other queue lines that you feel could be added to? Why? And how would you do it?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Disney has definitely been lax in not placing more interactive games, drink stands, and loos in their various queues....

Bravo 229

I was just watching Martin's Norway Ultimate Tribute and it reminded me of one thing I thought while visiting EPCOT earlier this year.

The queue for Norway is just plain boring! That's one thing that I always enjoy about rides, the queue. Don't ask me why, I just feel that it can add to any ride tremendously.

Now don't get me wrong, I find the mural and the wall above the loading dock to be absolutely gorgeous. However, why don't they do some rock work (Somewhat like the caves in Tom Sawyer's Island) in the queue. I feel like that could truly add to the experience and possibly even draw in a few more guests as well?

What are some other queue lines that you feel could be added to? Why? And how would you do it?

El Gran Fiesta Tour's queue is kinda bland as well (though I've never had to stop and wait in there, its always a walk on).

Astro Orbiter, Stitch's Great Escape and Tomorrowland Speedway don't really have much in their queues, so long waits can make the lines seem boring, in my opinion.

French Quarter

I never really noticed the entrance queue for Maelstrom so you're probably right. I also don't think I've had to wait very long there. I remembering having to wait to exit though, as the theatre finished up the film. I thought the atmosphere there was kind of cool but nothing spectacular.

I agree that the Soarin' queue is boring. The Backstage Tour queue is terrible. So outdated.

raven

Soarin. Looks like a hallway in an office building!

Soarin' is supposed to resemble and airport terminal (check in desk, entrance terminal and gate). Only so much you can do with that I guess.

I agree though about Maelsrom. Never really liked that queue even though the ride is good. Perhaps some older Norwegian relics like they have in the Stave church might pass a little time while being informative as well.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think one of the reasons the que line for Mealstrom is on the bland side is they did not anticipate there really ever being more than a five or ten minute wait. Turns out it's one of the more popular attractions in WS.....

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think one of the reasons the que line for Mealstrom is on the bland side is they did not anticipate there really ever being more than a five or ten minute wait. Turns out it's one of the more popular attractions in WS.....

Well, until 1998 or so, it was the only thrill ride!

I agree, I think Mexico's ride get a pass because it's truly built into the town area, but Norway's was entirely separate, they could have definitely made it more adventurous looking, but I also recall the budget being quite small compared to other rides.

I usually try to get my friends to find the hidden mickey in the mural if they haven't found it before.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think the worst queues are Soarin' and Rock n Roller Coaster. The standby for rockin' is horrible being out in the sun a lot of the time, at least there are the posters and stuff to look at once you are in the building.

French Quarter

Finding Nemo: The Musical also has a bad queue. Same with Playhouse Disney Live. Both feel like you're waiting in line at the bank with those velvet ropes and nothing else to look at.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Finding Nemo: The Musical also has a bad queue. Same with Playhouse Disney Live. Both feel like you're waiting in line at the bank with those velvet ropes and nothing else to look at.

Oh yes, Nemo the Musical is HORRID...When I was a contractor there and Nemo had first opened, it was a nightmare for crowds and I don't think it's gotten much better. Plus the fact that it's outside, one of the reasons why guests call AK the "hottest" park on property, too much stuff is outside.

BiggerTigger

I've always felt that the queue would have worked better if you entered into the post show movie before you entered the queue line. This would make the line go faster for me. Of course, I have to admit, I have always skipped the post ride movie. Maybe one day I'll watch it. :lookaroun

harveyt0206

:DI love watching the Norway movie. It is ancient and could use an update but I like the way it reminds me of my earliest visits to Epcot in the 80's.

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
:DI love watching the Norway movie. It is ancient and could use an update but I like the way it reminds me of my earliest visits to Epcot in the 80's.

I disagree, I feel that the video adds to the "timelessness" (As it says in the movie) of the country's pavilion. Plus, I love the music. It gives me shivers every time I hear it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom