Mad Tea Party to be involved?

Skipper Dan

Yeah, the Disneyland lighting system couldn't be that expensive to install, could it? Disneyland got those lights about five years ago, so the concept is sound and they've already done the programming that makes them flash with the soundtrack.

It would seem to be an easy and inexpensive thing to do to fly out similar lanterns from Disneyland and email the digital track that has the audio/light show programming to someone in Florida.

It's these little details that make Disney parks so magical and unique!

No more expensive than the installment of all those LED lightfixtures along the WEDWay. Seriously, go to YouTube and search for a recent - nighttime - video of the TTA, and try to count all of the LED lights in the ceiling, along the way, that they added during it's most major refurb'.

But, for my two pennies on the current topic: I just wish we'd get a complete overhaul. New roof, new lights, better sound. But then again, I also want Walt to come back and take control of the company, and um... well that ain't going to happen so, yeah. :brick:

I don't think the original concept was for a glass/plexi-glass roof. It is in the shape of DLP's, but it's clearly not glass.

jmuboy

My guess is that the tea cup roof will get some refreshed paint and maybe the lights it was supposed to get back a year or so ago. It always seemed like the "new roof" project on the tea cups from a year ago was undone.

Rob562

Probably nothing major as its Buena Vista Construction. If it was major work, you'd see an outside contractor (not to mention the ride would be closed).

Not necessarily. One of the theories during the previous refurb on the roof is that what we see is just the sub-level of the roof. It could be possible that a top level could be pre-fabricated and bolted onto the structure in a single night, with little or no down-time to the attraction. What we see now would get covered up and never seen again.

All they'd need is a night with an early park closing time to give them as full of a night as possible.

-Rob

TP2000

No more expensive than the installment of all those LED lightfixtures along the WEDWay. Seriously, go to YouTube and search for a recent - nighttime - video of the TTA, and try to count all of the LED lights in the ceiling, along the way, that they added during it's most major refurb'.

I've seen them in person! The PeopleMover has always been a favorite of mine, and the new lighting was a great way to spruce it up. It helps not just the ride, but all of Tomorrowland after sundown.

The teacups at Disneyland do the same thing for that Alice mini-land area of Fantasyland after dark. Good lighting can work wonders for almost anything.

Azerin

ummm? ok, you kinda missed my point, I understand why they don't need a roof in Anahiem, but this thread isn't about "annual rainfall" it's about "will they change the roof in Orlando to look like the one in Paris"

...and the point I was trying to get at is that all 5 Tea Cups rides are little different but they've each got something special... Anahiem has the light show, Paris has the pretty roof, and Orlando, Tokyo, and Hong Kong have the Teapot-Tea mouse... basically they're all seperate but equal

First... Paris does have the Teapot too:

it is in the little seating area for March Hare refreshments which is next to the Teacups:

I *really* hope the WDW teacups get an improved roof... the current "new" one looks like crap :\ It looks so bad it *has* to be temporary :p at least I really hope so.

Does anyone have decent photos of the refurbed roof at WDW? They closed this attraction two days after we arrived last year (we got to ride at least once though) and I never got to see what hey did to the roof.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
While at the MK last night (Wed, 9/28) that the new roof on the Mad Tea Party now has lights. So what once looked like a temporary roof, now looks permanent. Does anyone know when they finally put them on?

hpyhnt 1000

While at the MK last night (Wed, 9/28) that the new roof on the Mad Tea Party now has lights. So what once looked like a temporary roof, now looks permanent. Does anyone know when they finally put them on?

Well, that really lessens the chance of a new roof. But at least the lights are back on.

MerlinTheGoat

Since this thread was bumped up, i'll just add my $.02 to the heat issue with a glass roof-

While it wouldn't shade riders completely, maybe tint the glass with a darker shade of blue than the light blue used at Paris. That would absorb more of the sun beating down on riders than a lighter blue roof would. As for the heat, possible answer is to place fans around the inside structure blowing towards the middle of the ride, distributing a nice constant breeze (used in lots of places at Animal Kingdom). Just theme them well enough to make them fit with the design. The mold could be dealt with if Disney were so inclined to give it proper maintenance, cleaning it when necessary. Just wiping it down regularly and getting that particular layer of standing moisture off can prevent mold from starting.

Couple that glass roof with some LED lit lanterns and you'd have one awesome looking teacup ride IMO!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom