Lunch with an Imagineer rumors answered

Mecha Figment

to put it bluntly, in regards to Beastly Kingdom. No idea ever really diies. The whole Idea for the Magic Kingdoms Thunder Mesa and Western boat ride that died as a result for the demand for Pirates was moved in many forms to the underground hell scene of Phantom Manor in Paris.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Where is having lunch with an imagineer advertised. I have never seen this on any disney site.

It's not really advertised becuase it's a limited thing. They only do it 3x a week and it's limited to either 8 or 10 people at a time. So it's not really advertised. I 1st heard about it on this message board and I want to THANK YOU!!! :wave:

Magicot

Alex started by telling us his background and how he got into imagineering in the first place and anytime along the way we could stop and ask questions.

Fallen Angel, could you elaborate on his path to Imagineering? What college did he attend? Major? College Program? Anything you have to share with us would be just great.:wave:Thanks!

terp79

lunch with an imagineer

I as well have done the lunch with an imagineer and even though going into it I knew from past experiences with WDI that certain topics couldn't be answered but it's always fun to ask. I asked a fair few questions that where out of the blue that caught the imagineer off guard. He did dance around the topics but his facial expressions where a complete give away. Plus with my knowledge of WDI and friends I have within Imagineering I asked more in depth questions about his work and brought up topics that the other guests didn't even ask or know about at the table i.e. how many blue sky sessions have you been apart of, does your team get RFSs and RFQs from other outsourcing departments with in the WDW Resort complex and do you send RFSs to Imagineers in Glendale? This questions made him perk up and his dialouge with me changed...it was a "hey, this kid knows what he's talking about sort of thing."

disneylandkid

Account Suspended
ok, so i will be going to wdw next year and would like to know how the heck you do this! where do you register? i know the cost that helps a little. please help me!

NASAMan

Thanks for the report! Sounds like a good time was had by all! Since you did not to sign any confidentiality agreements before the meal, I trust that most of what you heard was already 'released' material, although several connection were implied that might lead to some very interesting conclusions. We've all pined for a Beastly Kingdom, and with Expedition: Everest we got our first taste of a mythological creature experience. We might expect more to come. As far as transportation, don't think too complex: more than than likely the change will be from diesel busses to busses that use natural gas. This can be easily and reliable phased in, as older buses retire newer CNG busses will replace them. No new stations or roadways or tracks needed.

Good to hear about Mansions' make-over. Would that be an interesting edition of Extreme Makeover Home Edition? (Just kidding here!) What about a complete refresh of Pirates? Anything mentioned about that? You can reallly here the difference between the new speakers with the new AAs and the older ones.

Thanks again for the report!

Jheyman

Again, the Imagineer (Alex) was pretty vague on this point. I'm just posting what he said.

Oh I know I was just mostly curious if anyone else had heard something new, I think Corrus gave me an answer to this though without even trying. Thanks for the report though on an interesting opertunity!:wave:

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
ok, so i will be going to wdw next year and would like to know how the heck you do this! where do you register? i know the cost that helps a little. please help me!

Call 407-wdw-dine 60 days before you want to dine. You have to give a credit card to hold the reservation but do they do not charge you until you dine.

Snapper Bean

Imagineers are not allowed to disclose real things...

But as they know what the most popular rumors are, they'll tell a story, YOU want to hear... LOL

So Disney takes your money for the lunch and then sends someone to lie to you. Sounds like a great program.

Walt_Disney

A few things...

1. In regards to the transpertation, I think a wonderful idea would be to make a seperate roadway just for buses, so that the main roads would only have cars and then running next to the main roads would be bus only roads. They have this in Miami and it works great. That way the buses dont get stuck in traffic and can do their routes much faster.

2. Where do they hold this lunch at? Is it in a quite closed off restraunt?

3. I'm thinking of doing this, but I would like to meet up with someone from the boards so i'm not there alone, so if anyone else is interested let me know.

the-reason14

Great Story... especially coming from an imagineer... not true.... but really a great story...

And you fell for it... :D :D :D

To me, everything besides the SM rehab, sounds good. I would have hoped that a majority of these were true. So basically you're saying that if I were to spend money on going to one of these "lunch with an imagineer" things and ask him alot of questions, all of the answers would be lies? Word should get out on that so people wont waste money on those then.

But about the suppose SM rehab, you can almost see that they are slowly but surely going to do something to it. I mean, the old exit music is gone, and almost everything you see there has no relevance anymore since theres no dialogue(sp) The cars are rickety and things are outdated so Im sure something will be happening soon. Im not for a DL type refurb though, I rather they just update the post show and maybe the que, but as far as putting speakers into the cars and changing the tracks to some short cheap 30 second ride like Rockin roller coaster, Im totally against that.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
To me, everything besides the SM rehab, sounds good. I would have hoped that a majority of these were true. So basically you're saying that if I were to spend money on going to one of these "lunch with an imagineer" things and ask him alot of questions, all of the answers would be lies? Word should get out on that so people wont waste money on those then.

But about the suppose SM rehab, you can almost see that they are slowly but surely going to do something to it. I mean, the old exit music is gone, and almost everything you see there has no relevance anymore since theres no dialogue(sp) The cars are rickety and things are outdated so Im sure something will be happening soon. Im not for a DL type refurb though, I rather they just update the post show and maybe the que, but as far as putting speakers into the cars and changing the tracks to some short cheap 30 second ride like Rockin roller coaster, Im totally against that.

I asked basically the same question, and Corrus cleared it up:
Corrus said:
unkadug said:
:eek: :( I'm kinda disappointed in the advertising of Lunch with an Imagineer. It leads you to believe that you would be privy to sound choice inside info.

But...nooooooooooooo :D

Maybe it should be renamed Lunch with a Storyteller. :lol:
(I was going to say liar, but that would sound really bad)

Not so negative... If you ask him/her something, you always get a truthful answer, they always tell the truth about their work, what they do and themselves... but won't reveil anything about projects ...

And of course they tell you "stories" about projects, they will prevail the Magic...

Dragonrider1227

Can't wait to see what they do with the mansion :D It's also good to know they won't expand th Monorail. It'd be nice if I could take it from the Pop Century resort, but doing that would lower the coolness of the hotels it already goes to, plus I like the buses ;)

juan

I'm just finding these announcements too general.
They are taking what is generally known and just adapting it so it makes the customer excited.

Beastly Kingdom -- already done -- think Yeti and a whole section of the park devoted to it (the whole Nepal area)
5th gate -- of course not
Transportation -- of course their trying to make it greener, Disney does this all the time with everything and recycling - and look at some of the newer busses already - higher capacity, easier handicapped loading, newer bus = better emissions
Space Mountain -- eventually needs a retracking - it is one of the oldest operating steel tubular track roller coasters ever - it's due for a retrack
Haunted Mansion -- already been through many upgrades - will eventually have another

I'm not trying to be negative or ruin the magic, but these aren't even close to the "real" projects going on...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom