Lunch Planet Hollywood?

meatloafsfan

Planet Hollywood opens around 11am.

Last October, we made a reservation there for our last disney meal.

We have always had good service and good food and cleanliness has never been an issue.

The ribs are good and the LA Lasagna is amazing! Oh and the desserts......:D

eroyee

:wave: Try it if you've never been there but bring ear plugs. Our $15 voucher bout covered one hamburger and some fries. thats it.

d'Isigny

Let's see...I remember a 2 hour wait to get in...lousy service, including a 30 minute wait for a waitress...food not worth the wait...

and I'm trying to remember something good...

oh yeah...I got to leave.

I wouldn't go back if I got a free voucher...

I've never had a problem at any of the PH's I've ate at. The food is good, but I wouldn't call it great. Customer service can be great or terrible anywhere you eat....so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. I've had great service at Rainforest Cafe in Florida, good service at the one in Niagara Falls and bad service at one in Maryland. I've had good and terrible service at some of Disney's priciest places...I still go back though.

Your call...I like looking at movie related props, so PH never bothered me. It's sad they took the Queen Alien from the Florida one and took it elsewhere though.

Kadee

I've eaten at PH a few times and it can be good but it can also be not so good. You never know what you're going to get. The one in New Orleans (closed several years ago) was one of the best I've eaten at (not great by any means), but the DD one was not horrible. My daughter (18 yo) LOVES it. She has never had a bad experience at any PH. That is just her style. She loves the memorabilia and the loud music. She also loves Hard Rock Cafe (good food and great service at the US-Citywalk location last summer) for the same reasons.

SO......go and see for yourself. That is the only way you will know if YOU like it. You may LOVE it.

crazydaveh

It's nothing to write home about. Like others have said, there are a lot of other places that are better to eat at.

If you can go in and sit down without a wait, it's worth it. If you have to wait more than a minute, it's not worth it.

Try Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. It's not expensive and the food rocks!

If you want a themed restaurant... Head up I4 to Margaritaville! It's quality and their "Perfect Margarita" is just that... Perfect!

philsfan2185

It's like the rest of those gimmick restaurants like ESPN Zone, Hard Rock Cafe, All Star Cafe, and Rain Forest Cafe...........lousy service, over priced-average food (at best), and lame memorabilia.

Honestly, who gets excited when they see a Bruce Willis jacket in a glass case that was probably only worn for 30 seconds? Not me. I'm a sports nut and the ESPN Zone doesn't do anything for me.

You can eat better food at other places and probably save some money.

Edit: Like the poster above me said, go to Margaritaville! Jimmy Buffet fan or not, you will have a great time. It has good food that isn't too over priced. It has some great original dishes and a tremendous atmosphere!

I would say it was just average.. I agree with everyone talking about leaving with a headache.. We got seated right next to the dj stage and had to yell at each other the whole time.. The food was alright and because we were using the dining plan there was an abundance, however we were there for over two hours for dinner.. The service did seem quite slow, but it was extremely busy that night.. I agree with other people by saying, go and make your own decisions. My husband and I already agreed we will try somewhere new this year when we're down in May..

CelticRose

Are you sure you want to eat there??? We have eaten there twice - the last time in August &, again, it was horrible! Food was just okay, it was dirty, the servers appeared like they could care less to serve us & it was EXTREMELY noisy - I left with such a headache!! Normally noise doesn't bother me but this was ridiculous! Don't want to burst your bubble if you really want to eat there but I couldn't let this pass!

Ditto, this is the very last place at WDW I would ever eat at again:fork:
Once was more than enough, food was very mediocre.......
3 thumbs down

DisneyChik17

I love PH. It is among my favorite restaraunts around. Yes, it is considered to be over priced, but you are paying for atmosphere. I love looking around and seeing all the movie memorobelia(sp?). If you like movies, you will love this place. Just being surrounded by all of that stuff is exciting to me. After you eat, or before, you can walk around and find all the celeb handprints around there, which always make for cute pictures.

I was amazed at how bad the food was. The burgers are merely edible, but my daughters wanted the pizza. It was the first time in their life they have ever taken one bite of a pizza and then quit. I tasted it and it was by far the absolute worst tasting thing I have ever had. So the voucher we used ended up making a bad dinner a little cheaper, although we still had to stop else where afterward to get our daughters something they would eat so it actually cost us even more.

It was the last time we ever used one of those vouchers, now we just toss them with the envelope they come in... do yourself a favor and do the same.

d'Isigny

I do the same...we should mail them back to Planet Hollywood...

I was amazed at how bad the food was. The burgers are merely edible, but my daughters wanted the pizza. It was the first time in their life they have ever taken one bite of a pizza and then quit. I tasted it and it was by far the absolute worst tasting thing I have ever had. So the voucher we used ended up making a bad dinner a little cheaper, although we still had to stop else where afterward to get our daughters something they would eat so it actually cost us even more.

It was the last time we ever used one of those vouchers, now we just toss them with the envelope they come in... do yourself a favor and do the same.

I love PH. It is among my favorite restaraunts around. Yes, it is considered to be over priced, but you are paying for atmosphere. I love looking around and seeing all the movie memorobelia(sp?). If you like movies, you will love this place. Just being surrounded by all of that stuff is exciting to me. After you eat, or before, you can walk around and find all the celeb handprints around there, which always make for cute pictures.

If you want the atmosphere... you could just wander around the movie memorobelia shop in downtown disney, ride the movie ride at MGM buy a drink in PH and wander around... You'll get more excitement without paying for overpriced and bad food.

d'Isigny

I didn't mind the food so much...but after waiting in line for 2 hours...I thought...man, it has to be good...

I would have been okay after the first beer...but I didn't get that for like 20 minutes...and 30 before the order was taken...

of course, by the time the food came...it was cold...so maybe if it was heated, it would have tasted different.

it must have been a bad day...because it was the worst service I've ever experienced...

I kept telling myself, it isn't Disney owned...it isn't Disney owned...

If you want the atmosphere... you could just wander around the movie memorobelia shop in downtown disney, ride the movie ride at MGM buy a drink in PH and wander around... You'll get more excitement without paying for overpriced and bad food.

BSikor

It was great when I was in high school. Late night with friends rock on out to Planet Hollywood for some Captain Crunch Chicken Fingers. The place was great.

Now? Not so much. The last time I was there I remembered why I hadn't been back in years.

Try Raglin Road in Pleasure Island!

Scooter

Have any of you Planet Hollywood haters even bothered to go to the Planet Hollywood website and let them know how you feel?

It seems to me, that nothing will change unless they are made aware of your feelings.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease...no pun intended

If you google Planet Hollywood, there is a corporate email address where you could write and voice your complaints.

Seems to me, you would be doing everyone a favor by doing this.
I'd hate to see this place close because of bad service that corporate wasn't even aware of.

Personally, it's one of my favorite places to dine and I've never had a bad experiance there. I recommend it to all my friends and they all loved it as well.

slappy magoo

We're going to spend our last day at dd shopping. So I was looking for a place to have a decent lunch, but we'll probally have like hamburgers or salad. I was thinking planet hollywood just because of the 15 voucher. We'll be on the dining plan for the rest of the trip but will have used up all of our credits before this last day. We're eating at Wolf Gang Puck's the night we do Cirque, so I wanted to do someting different than that and don't really know that much about all of the restaurants in downtown disney. Thanks for any help!

OK, this is unsolicited advice, but please consider it.

Instead of spending your entire last day at DTD, why not spend some time at Fort Wilderness? There are plenty of fun-but-relaxing activities for everyone to do, you probably won't be fighting all the shopping crowds, stressing you out before a flight or long car ride home. You can use their pools (though admittedly, they're not themed). If you really want to spend some money, you can spend it on riding horses. And then, for lunch, you can eat at the buffet at Trails' End. It's only 11 bucks for each adult, and there are so many more options.

You could also consider hopping along all the monorail resorts, shopping in their stores, sneaking into their pools :lookaroun and eating in any of their resort restaurants or cafes.

But if shopping in DTD is a must-do, at least consider this:

The shops open at what? 9:30? 10, maybe? You could do a big ol' character buffet breakfast at one of the resorts like Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'OHana's or even the Cape May Buffet. Get ADRs as late as you can, and that might tide you over for lunch. THEN go shopping at DTD, and just get a pretzel or snack if you need.

Just throwing it out there, see if it sticks.

boldlyreal

We usually eat at Downtown Disney as our first meal in the world, our first day. Our last trip it was House of Blues because all the restaraunts open at 11:00 am and we were by PH at 10:30. So I will say 11:00 for opening time.

Just a side note and comment: What inspires us to add our personal opinions when we post things. Someone asks a question and instead of answering we tell them what we think about their personal choices. Do we do this to people in person? It isn't just this thread or forum board but most that I read. When did we decide our opinion was so valuable? I do it too. Mostly in person with my friends though. I suppose it is my ponder of the day.

T :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom