Lunch Planet Hollywood?

MPitzen

Original Poster
Does anyone know when Planet Hollywood opens? I couldn't find any hours and I did not see a lunch menu. Thanks for any info.

beanbunny

Are you sure you want to eat there??? We have eaten there twice - the last time in August &, again, it was horrible! Food was just okay, it was dirty, the servers appeared like they could care less to serve us & it was EXTREMELY noisy - I left with such a headache!! Normally noise doesn't bother me but this was ridiculous! Don't want to burst your bubble if you really want to eat there but I couldn't let this pass!

DisneyMusician2

I was going to say the same thing! For comprable money, ther are MUCH nicer places to eat around the World. The offd and especially the service have always been so-so, and if you post what kind of food or ambiance you are nreally looking for, we on the board could certainly offer up some MUCH better food for the money!

sbkline

I think I remember something about a 15 dollar meal voucher for Planet Hollywood, if you book a vacation package. Is that 15 per person, or 15 to split between the two people?

chucknstuff

I think I remember something about a 15 dollar meal voucher for Planet Hollywood, if you book a vacation package. Is that 15 per person, or 15 to split between the two people?

The coupon is if you do a package through Disney.

$15 Off the total bill. If you like to do seperate checks there is a $5.00 off coupon on the planet hollywood website. We did that on our last visit with 8 people; we used our $15 coupon and my mom used a $5 coupond and so did my sister and her husband.

Therefore we saved $25 instead of $15

palmage

The food is at best so so. $12.00 burgers and such.
I supplied the video projection for that place and had a lot of lunches.
So they are open for lunch.

MPitzen

Original Poster
We're going to spend our last day at dd shopping. So I was looking for a place to have a decent lunch, but we'll probally have like hamburgers or salad. I was thinking planet hollywood just because of the 15 voucher. We'll be on the dining plan for the rest of the trip but will have used up all of our credits before this last day. We're eating at Wolf Gang Puck's the night we do Cirque, so I wanted to do someting different than that and don't really know that much about all of the restaurants in downtown disney. Thanks for any help!

jesserin

We're going to spend our last day at dd shopping. So I was looking for a place to have a decent lunch, but we'll probally have like hamburgers or salad. I was thinking planet hollywood just because of the 15 voucher. We'll be on the dining plan for the rest of the trip but will have used up all of our credits before this last day. We're eating at Wolf Gang Puck's the night we do Cirque, so I wanted to do someting different than that and don't really know that much about all of the restaurants in downtown disney. Thanks for any help!

We love Planet Hollywood. :) But we don't usually get burgers, My favorite is the L.A. Lasagna and DH loves the fajitas. Don't let other's scare you off... it is a bit more expensive for standard lunch fare... but it's definately something to try once, you may find - like us - that you love it.

LuLaSue

I do not care for Planet Hollywood. As some others said earlier I found it to be very dirty and the food was just not good.

There are so many other places to choose. I would rather pay full price for something I enjoy then get $15 off a meal I can't even eat.

schro513

We went there for lunch on the last day of our trip while shopping at DTD (we still had one table credit left on the DP and nothing else would have appealed to the kids). Unlike the bad reviews we had heard we had a great meal--crowd was light, food was good and the place was clean from all indications (even the kitchen, which I got to see up close due to the only goof of our meal; half of our DP credits didn't show and they had to have me use the house phone in the kitchen to try to correct). It was a pleasant surprise based on the bad reviews we had heard, but all was good!

lilclerk

I went there twice last week. The first time was a Saturday night. It was a 1 hour 50 minute wait, and we were all tired and lazy so we waited, got seated at 9:45. It was terribly crowded and noisy. The waiter we had was nice and not pushy, but he was clearly rushed. The food was okay.
We went again on Monday evening and the experience was much better. We were seated right away (about 7ish) and had a nice relaxing (!) meal with no screaming girls hollering at their blurry picture on tv.

no2apprentice

We had a late lunch (about 2 ish) last year. Food was mediocre, the waiter was nice, but he would have made a better magician...he had a great disappearing act. Very noisy inside...even my two teen sons didn't care for it. Some the memorabilia was interesting, but not worth the higher price and noise.

The queen (wife) decreed we would never eat there again. But, that's just us. If you're not sure after reading most of these opinions, go ahead and try it. The food wasn't bad...we just feel we could have done better elsewhere for what we enjoy.

mitchk

My first trip back (as an adult) in 2001, my girl, and I ate a PH, and I was very impressed with the food, and the service. We ate there again in 2004, and it wasn't that good. Then on our last trip in 2006 we ate there. It was terrible, the service, the food, and even the atmosphere (as some have mentioned it seems a bit dirty). My advice is forget about the crappy little $15.00 discount, and go eat some place that's worth it. I tried Wolf gang pucks my last visit, and I thought it was great. BTW, stay away from the Rainforest Cafe, high prices, and bad food. :hurl:

Tiggerfanatic

We did Planet Hollywood our last evening - we had never been to one and just wanted to see inside. We enjoyed looking at all the memorabelia and thought the mirror in the ladies' room was the coolest thing we had even seen (forgive us, we're rednecks from PA!!) Anyway, didn't order a whole dinner as we were stuffed from a week on the dining plan. We got there right at 5PM and walked right in. We just ordered a couple appetizers and split a dessert.

MPitzen

Original Poster
Thank you all for the advice. I'm still not sure if we're going to try it. I know my future dh thought it would be a cool experience, but now I'm not so sure. Guess I still have a month before I have to make the reservation.

Is it generally less crowded at lunch than dinner? or is it crazy all of the time? Also is there anything specific on the menu that is normally good or is it always just hit / miss? Thanks!

Scooter

I would suggest you try Planet Hollywood yourself and make your own judgement.
My wife and I eat here often and have never had a bad experiance. We found the wait staff to be kind and courteous, and our food has always been brought to us in a timely manner and we have had no complaints about the food. We found this restuarant to be clean and the decore to be amazing.
Try it once, and if you don't like it, don't go back, but please don't miss out on this wonderful dining experiance because of opinions of others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom