lunch at Magic Kingdom

May I ask for recommendations for a sit down lunch at the Magic Kingdom? We've eaten at the castle...are there any other fun spots there?
Thank you.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
There are no other character meals in the MK. I would suggest the Liberty Inn for a good meal. Cosmic Ray's is decent for fast food. And you can watch Sun E. Eclipse entertain the crowd.(audio animitronic) Tony's Townsquare is pretty good also.

Pam

Upvote 0

Erika

I second the Liberty Tree for good food. They do have a character dinner so if that's the kind of thing you are looking for, maybe a snack at lunchtime and dinner at Liberty.

Upvote 0

mickeyfanatics

One of the best and little known places to eat "fast food" is at the Columbia Harbor House between Liberty Square and Fantasyland. They have pretty good chicken fingers, but if you go upstairs, you can sit in the "bridge" over the gateway between the two lands and people watch. The best thing is that it is very hard to see people in the "bridge" from the pavement below. We also eat at the Plaza Pavillion. The Crystal Palace is nice, when it reopens and it has the Pooh Bear Characters.

Upvote 0

mousecar

I am always drawn to Cosmic Ray's. It's probably because I start at Adventureland and work around the castle. By the time I get to Tomorrowland the smell just draws me in. I also like getting a hot dog at Casey's. Anyone know when Casey's will open up again?

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
If you get a Sandwich from Cosmic rays, you'll make everyone with burgers jealous.

You wait in a much shorter line, and someone always comments "Wow.. that looks good.." while they put toppings on their greasy-burger.

-Rob

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by mousecar
I am always drawn to Cosmic Ray's. It's probably because I start at Adventureland and work around the castle. By the time I get to Tomorrowland the smell just draws me in. I also like getting a hot dog at Casey's. Anyone know when Casey's will open up again?

Was re-opened already, last I heard. End of September :)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Disneynutcase

I second the Crystal Palace! If it's reopened when you're there, it's the absolute best. Very pretty restaurant with a buffet that has tons of things to choose from--all good stuff, too. Plus the Pooh Bear characters roam the room, pleasing the kids. Value-wise it's not too bad for lunch. I think it was $15.00 for adults and $7 or $8 for kids. But the beauty of it is that the last seating for lunch is around 2:30, so you can go late, eat til your tummy is full, and not need much of anything else for the rest of the day other than maybe an ice cream cone or a box of popcorn.

We did a lot of "sit-downs" on our last trip, and Crystal Palace's lunch was probably the favorite for our group of 10. Plus it's so nice to be able to slow down for a while after a hectic morning at MK, and also experience a different kind of Disney magic. I personally think the place is an attraction in and of itself. But I tend to be one who goes to WDW for the rides and the food!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

I've never eaten at CP - I've always wanted to, but I don't eat enough to pay that much for a buffet! :lol:

I'm a huge fan of Casey's, and once way back in the 90's DH & I had lunch at LTT and loved the burgers :) Of course, I really enjoy Cosmic Rays too...never have done Columbia Harbor House, but that sounds good.....

It all sounds yummy! Just avoid the FF carts and you'll be fine!

Upvote 0

pepsistar

Mmmmmmmm The Crystal Palace is gooood, "BUT" I liked it better when it was a cafeteria style and much less expensive. You could go there anytime and get "REAL" food for a decent price. (anyone else remember?)

I suppose it is because of the characters--- I really do wish they would have left it alone. :( It was tooo much $$$ for us when we wanted to go. Of course it was dinner time and my grandson saw the characters. ( do not let them look in the window ) If you have to go, the breakfast and lunch are not toooo bad cost wise.

Casey's is closed?? What ever will we do when it is 5 minutes before they throw us out-- :( ( sorry. I mean nudge us to toward the train station, and exit ) and we did not eat because we were busy going on the rides???

Liberty Tree tavern is gooood they serve Stouffer's, Still a little costly now BECAUSE they added the characters tooooo. Oh My!!

All this talk about food is making me hungry, better go. :wave:

Upvote 0

Jumba Jookiba

One Place that I like to go and didn't see mentioned is The Plaza Restaurant located behind the Ice Cream Shop on Main Street. Its kind of hidden but the food is excellent and I suggest getting a Milkshake with your meal (Their AWESOME)... I've always had no problem just walking up and getting seated.. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Invero

I like Cosmic Ray's because they have a good selection of food, and it's not all fast food... Just make sure to check out the menu on all three sides before you order. Thier chicken looks real good, but I always get the Chicken Ceasar... which is HUGE...

And of course, the entertainment by Sonny Eclipse is always good. :)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I agree with everyone on the CP. I didn't mention it because of the rehab. I remember when it was cafeteria style. That was quite a while ago... I really didn't care for the Plaza, I thought they were extremely over priced.

Pam

Upvote 0

Tramp

Having a weakness for Lady and the Tramp....may I direct your attention to Tony's Town Square Restaurant...ask for a patio table or, if it's not too hot, ask for a table on the porch ...good food, reasonably priced and a great view of all the activity in the Town Square.:D

Upvote 0

Lilo

Originally posted by Jumba Jookiba
One Place that I like to go and didn't see mentioned is The Plaza Restaurant located behind the Ice Cream Shop on Main Street. Its kind of hidden but the food is excellent and I suggest getting a Milkshake with your meal (Their AWESOME)... I've always had no problem just walking up and getting seated.. Hope this helps.

I have also had lunch at the Plaza Restaurant. One day we couldn't get in because of the line. What I did the next day we were in MK was go straight to the Plaza when we entered about 9:30-10 and make a 1:00 reservation. That way no waiting and everyone else get's pi**ed because they have to wait. But the food is good and it is kid friendly.

Hope this helps.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by agdbeanie
They don't have a big selection, but a nice place to sit and eat is Aunt Polly's porch on Tom Sawyer Island.

Unfortunetly, Aunt Polly's has changed her menu... no more sandwiches... now, just snacks and stuff. :(

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Tramp
Having a weakness for Lady and the Tramp....may I direct your attention to Tony's Town Square Restaurant...ask for a patio table or, if it's not too hot, ask for a table on the porch ...good food, reasonably priced and a great view of all the activity in the Town Square.:D

I've never had the pleasure of dining at Tony's...always wanted to though! I'm a huge "Lady & the Tramp" fan, so it is one of my many Disney fantasies to dine at Tony's :)

I hate hearing about Aunt Polly's changing the menu - she served a d*** good pb&j sandwich!

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Originally posted by pepsistar
Mmmmmmmm The Crystal Palace is gooood, "BUT" I liked it better when it was a cafeteria style and much less expensive. You could go there anytime and get "REAL" food for a decent price. (anyone else remember?)

Yep. And we liked it for the exact same reason. Better food than at the coutner service places, but not as expensive as the other sitdown restaurants. Oh well. Change happens.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom