Love Bugs:

PigletIsMyCat

Lovebugs are just about gone now. We see a few stragglers, and most of them are solo :cry: Their mates must have snuffed it.

If you're worried about your paint job on your car, there are about a million drive through car washes down here (like at practically every gas station) and they do a decent job of getting the fresh ones off. I wouldn't worry about it.....

.... until September. :lookaroun

EPCOT.nut

I totally agree the Love Bugs are nothing. But then again I have lived in Florida all my life. I don't have a car-face protector. (lol is it called a bra?)
Maybe having a black truck helps? :ROFLOL:

I am surprised the Love Bugs are a worry for some of yall! I would fear the humidity over the next 3 months more than the bugs! It's really hard on me going to WDW this time of year because we don't have a nice hotel to stay in with a nice pool we can retreat to. We have to make the 2-hour drive home all sweaty after a busy WDW day...:eek:

And yes the flying roaches are a bummer. The huge palmetto bugs are not a big deal but the little flying german roaches get in the house. They are very roach-like. Being a native I have learned to ignore them. :snore:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
This season was terrible. My windshield looked like someone had poured paint all over it and I filled up and ran out of washer fluid in two days. The lines at the service plazas along the Turnpike to use their windshield washers were extremely long as well.

Craig & Lisa

My wife, who is a sceince teacher, says they look like milkweed bugs, she uses them in class. It seems like the only thing they do is mate. Just like cicada's.

lilmizpixie3

heres a picture of them connected as they usually are, mating
love2.jpg

fillerup

One of the reasons these critters are such a problem for cars - at least according to something I read several years ago - is that researchers had decided that they thrive on carbon monoxide.

So they tend to breed and lay their eggs along the busiest highways.

Don't know if that theory still holds, but makes some sense if it's true.

teebin

One of the reasons these critters are such a problem for cars - at least according to something I read several years ago - is that researchers had decided that they thrive on carbon monoxide.

It is absolutely true.. I have seen it happen when there might be two or three around and a crew powers up their chainsaws and within minutes there are hundreds of them swarming around, same with lawnmowers, weekwackers, generators... they love the exhaust!

lilmizpixie3

They have also said on the news that they are attracted to white things, so having a white car is no good haha

figmentmom

Hello we are heading to Disney World Sept 21-30 and heard this is a bad time for love bugs was wondering if anybody had a bad experience with love bugs at Disney World:shrug::shrug:

We were there last fall. The bugs are annoying and EVERYWHERE, but harmless. Don't let the thought of them spoil your trip - they won't. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom