lots of news from micechat.com

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Just thought I'd post this infromation from micechat: (sorry if it has been posted before)

-Pirates of the Caribbean will have a referbishment from March to mid-May (could change though)
-Haunted Mansion will go under renovation in May for several months to replace sepceial effects, "Enhance story", and build a gift shop (although it has not been confirmed)

-El Rio de Tempo is closed to replace older props, install sation gates and add some small Three Caballeros themeing
-The entire Imagination pavillion will close later this year "but I can't confim this yet" (you wan't some salt with that?:rolleyes:)
-New film for Canada any week now

-rumor for seperate ticket Broadway style show behind the Thaetre of the stars and to replace whats left of the backstage studio tour with the Toon Studios section from Walt Disney Studios Park Paris

basas

Perhaps they'll do it right this time and re-do ALL the speakers, not just some.

Exactly. At DL they replaced just about everything and the entire ride looks (and sounds) absolutely fantastic. MK's, already starting with the cliff-notes version, wasn't as extensive and it’s quite evident when you can see and hear ‘the old’ clashing with ‘the new’.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
First I`ve heard about PotC too - anyone say Keira Knightley? The timing would be right for the third film... and I know there are still issues with the last rehab. Let me dig.

The HM - yep. Nothing mentioned about the closer one at the MK though.

We know about Mexico, and the dock gates make sense - especially with the demolition permit filed for the load station. I`ll quote you on the small Three Caballeros themeing!

Canada - any day for the past year....

Imagination - will, it won`t it.... looks like it will again. Maybe. The best 25th gift for Epcot would be to close that ride :D

There`s been discussion on these boards about a separate ticket show at MGM - guest surveys etc. East of Sunset is one of two places such a building could go, at the expense of park expansion. If this isn`t cashing in, why not build it at DTD or kick start the Western Way development with it?

God help MGM if a Toon Studios clone is called `expansion` - Crush`s Coaster could be a good D Ticket but does a Teacups ride warrant a celebration? Hey - if it`s true Nemo will be in 3 of WDWs 4 parks. Perhaps it`s getting back at EuroDisney SCA for sending the stunt show over :D

duck_daddy

Just thought I'd post this infromation from micechat: (sorry if it has been posted before)

-Pirates of the Caribbean will have a referbishment from March to mid-May (could change though)
-
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! We will be down in April really wanted to see it since the new rehab!! Why I ask you, why!:brick:

jedimaster1227

Imagination - will, it won`t it.... looks like it will again. Maybe. The best 25th gift for Epcot would be to close that ride :D

It was never really a question of if it would or wouldn't happen, but when it would happen. Its always been a matter of timing and money, and trust me when I say that WDI is working to make this a version that won't have to be updated for a long, long time. So, don't expect a need for any Imagination campaigns once this 4 version is unveiled, because once it comes out, I think those that remember version 1 and those that don't will all be satisfied at the compromise between the two, as their will be plenty to see, sense and enjoy- plus the company of a certain duo will truly make it complete... :animwink:

teebin

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! We will be down in April really wanted to see it since the new rehab!! Why I ask you, why!:brick:

Not to worry, it is my opinion that it won't be closed for most of April. There are far far to many promotions featuring Capt Jack being new to the ride etc. Too, there are still a ton of Billboards in central florida still promoting the new additions. If there is down time, I suspect it will be spotty, somewhat like it was last spring. It doesn't take over a month to install speakers, improve fire effects. The boats, the track, the sets, the A/C, the AA's have all been rehabed just last year. There would be a mutiny if POTC was closed in April. Plus, there are no mentions of such a rehab on the disney website April calendar of rehabs, and I find their calendar to be quite accurate. Plus, you don't close down the inspiration for a movie two months before the movie comes out. MiceChat is full of poo-poo.

imagineer boy

Please for the love of all that is holy, NO GIFT SHOP AT THE HAUNTED MANSION!!! It would completely ruin the themeing. Everything else sounds good though. I'm happy to hear that the bride effect and the floating Leota will make its way to WDW. :D

nibblesandbits

Please for the love of all that is holy, NO GIFT SHOP AT THE HAUNTED MANSION!!! It would completely ruin the themeing. Everything else sounds good though. I'm happy to hear that the bride effect and the floating Leota will make its way to WDW. :D
being a little optimistic are we? :lookaroun

For once I kinda have to agree with you though. I really hate the idea of a gift shop at the end of HM. However, if they can theme it right, it might be ok.

Epcot82Guy

It depends solely on how it is done. If they build the underground catacombs/tomb-style shop where it basically does not change the appearance of the exit, I think it can work. However, that would mean having it be a saddle shop and not a required walk through shop. There is still enough Pressler left in the company to suggest that is not the way.

As for the rest, we'll see. I agree that I am quoting the "small" on ERDT. :lol: As well as the party I will throw if and when the IMAG rumors come true.

nibblesandbits

It depends solely on how it is done. If they build the underground catacombs/tomb-style shop where it basically does not change the appearance of the exit, I think it can work. However, that would mean having it be a saddle shop and not a required walk through shop. There is still enough Pressler left in the company to suggest that is not the way.

As for the rest, we'll see. I agree that I am quoting the "small" on ERDT. :lol: As well as the party I will throw if and when the IMAG rumors come true.
Agreed...if they really theme the gift shop, it may be ok...but if it's not...it's not going to make people happy, including myself.

I think the catacomes idea is great, if the shop is a must.

jfries10

Potc

I really hope that is doesn;t close in April. I went to Disneyland abotu 2 years ago and my timing was horrible. Both Splash and Space Moutnain were closed for Refirb. Pirates pretty much made the trip an enjoyable one for me. I sure hope my trip at the end of April will allow me a ride on POTC at WDW though!!!

imagineer boy

Agreed...if they really theme the gift shop, it may be ok...but if it's not...it's not going to make people happy, including myself.

I think the catacomes idea is great, if the shop is a must.

Well, if they're going to build a gift shop, I would be okay with a well themed shop SEPERATE from the ride rather than at the exit. Because building on at the exit would ruin the mood so much. I've always liked the ending of the ride going through little leota telling you to hurry back, disembark and go down the dark tunnel and into the bright daylight. I've always liked that, because it really leaves an eerie impression on you. But if they added a gift shop, then it would be like going out of the spooky experience, and into a HUGE FESTIVE GIFT SHOP with tons of overpriced souveniers that are the same as every other souvenier in every other part of the park! Yay! And then into the broad daylight. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth just thinking about it.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
When they refer to closing Imagination, are they talking about just the second rate attraction in there now, or everything?

In other words, if the pavillion were to be closed and re-done, would Honey I Shrunk the Audience (which I LOVE) close down too? It seems silly to close such a popular attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom