Lost now too?

JustInTime

LOST will never see light of day at the world. The closest thing is the stuff in the Abc place.

One cool thing would be to replace Narnia with a LOST hatch walk through. DOUBT it will happen.

whitemule28

I don't want to rehash the same rant I went on a few months back, but the argument that it would be a bad idea due to the fact that it would be based on a tv show that will be off soon is completely absurd. Are there not completely wonderful attractions based on movies that came out 60 years ago? And with a 6 season tv show do you not have Hundreds of hours of more material to work with. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT THEY DO WITH IT AS TO HOW SUCCESSFUL IT WILL BE. Are you not a fan of Splash Mountain? That's based on a 94 minute movie from 1946 that Disney even refuses to bring to DVD. So enough with the "It won't hold up to time", or "An attraction for a tv show won't have the following to make it popular" IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT THEY COME UP WITH FOR AN ATTRACTION. If they put some serious thought and effort into the project and come out with a "plus" experience then people will enjoy it indefinitely. With Discovery Island the issue is getting people to take time away from going to the parks to participate in an attraction that would involve extra travel and ticketing. One way around it might be inclusion into the Magic Kingdom due to its proximity a'la Rafiki's Planet Watch at Animal Kingdom.

Figment632

Never liked the show thats why being a trekie I was worried Abbrams would ruin the new Star Trek movie but I was wrong. It would probaly cost a lot to make the island habitable again.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The post that the OP linked to is categorized as "Folly and Faux". So I wouldn't make too much of it, even if it does sound intriguing to me as a Lost fan.

Brian_WDW74

If you look at that article, you'll see that it's listed under the Folly and Faux category. The "About Us" section of that blog states that Folly and Faux is "Disney's Folly's version of old-fashioned Photoshop magic." In other words, it's a fake. :)

Disneyson 1

Snow White may be taking up permanent residence at a character meet-and-greet in Germany at Epcot’s World Showcase. Disney’s first princess originated as a German folk tale by the Brothers Grimm. The Seven Dwarves already have a presence at Epcot as Happy is often sighted eating lamb at Morocco, Sleepy can be found on the floor of Reflections of China and Grumpy often paces in front of Mission: SPACE grumbling about Horizons.
This just won.

WDW1974

The post that the OP linked to is categorized as "Folly and Faux". So I wouldn't make too much of it, even if it does sound intriguing to me as a Lost fan.

I am quite sure Lost has come up in talks at WDI ... so many things are tossed out ... but nothing even blue sky was ever pursued to my knowledge.

And the poster who mentioned that the fact the show only has 17 hours (not nearly enough) left not mattering is correct ... Disney has many attractions themed to properties that are old or out of the public consciousness and it doesn't matter.

Quality is quality.

It just ain't happening with Lost ...

Mrs.Toad

LOST is my favorite show but I'd never expect that at DisneyWorld.

Not sure I want to see Ben Linus during my Disney magic time!:ROFLOL:

worldfanatic

Discovery Island reopening. Hell yes.
Lost version of Island. Hell no.
That's as bad an idea as a 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' or 'American Idol' attraction.
Disney could never sink to that level. Right????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom