Lost Item During Ride

clarabellej

I am not really sure the correct sub forum for this query so apologies if this isn't the correct one.

When riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train last night (wedesday) my small action camera (a much cheaper version of a GoPro) fell out my pocket on the first corner and rolled out of the mine train cart. After getting off I checked with a cast member at the entrance who advised it might not be lost for good as they do a full track walk each night so they may find it during this, she seemed hopeful. Sadly nothing has turned up yet as checked with Lost and Found and City Hall today but no sign of it yet. Given its small size I'm wondering if it will be missed during their walk rounds.

Has anyone had something drop out mid ride before and had any luck getting it back?? Any tips or who's best to speak to before I go home on Saturday? I was kind of hoping lost and found would take more details so they could have someone look for it during the next walk round but seems this isn't what happens, it's my own fault anyway. If I need to return to the Lost and Found again is it possible to get access to this without having to go through the MK parking lot and pay for parking etc??

I am not overly brothered about the camera itself (ironic It dropped out given the accesories I have to attach it places, it had survived all other rides in my pocket until this one) it wasn't expensive and probably hasnt survived the fall its more the memory card inside that's the loss as I've videos recorded over the last few weeks vacation I hadn't backed up yet (you learn these lessons the hardway).

Any help or tips on inceaseing my chances of seeing it again would be appreciated.
Oh no! So sorry this has happened.

The only thing we’ve lost at Disney was a pair of Raybans and those did not turn up.

All I can say is keep asking.

Not sure why, but I feel like asking at the actual attraction might bring better luck. And don’t take “no” for an answer has usually been my experience.

I once left my camera full of road trip photos on the hook on the bathroom stall door at a McDonald’s in Austria.

I was devestated. I did the “ugly cry.”

I suspected that was where I had lost it. We went back and asked the employees. No one had found anything.

I finally back tracked myself and there it was, untouched, with all my precious photos.

I’d say the more time passes, the less chance of finding it.

Good luck to you.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
When I was a CM at Pleasure Island someone lost their purse/wallet with their boarding passes in it for the next day - I personally delivered it to them at the Contemporary late at night. They tried to "tip" me but I refused...great memories of being able to help guests out!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just an hour ago I left my fluffy Minnie ears on EE. I had them in the Velcro pouch. Will I have any luck in getting them back or should I pay another $20 on new ones?
You can always check at Guest Relations on the way out of the park... let them know when and where you left them. They'll tell you how to proceed.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yesterday night I left my fluffy Minnie ears on EE. I had them in the Velcro pouch. I tried calling the (407) number but they were closed. I attempted calling them at 9:32 and the phone was ringing for quit a while. Shall I keep trying again until someone picks up? And Will I have any luck in getting them back or should I pay another $15 on new ones?
You can always check at Guest Relations on the way out of the park... let them know when and where you left them. They'll tell you how to proceed.

minnieeee

I went to guest relations last night and they said that because it was lost the day before that they would most likely be at the theme parks lost and found. But to call them first. and I have been on the phone for +30 minutes now on hold. Thank you for the advice. I still have hope that soon someone will answer

Klpalmer

I lost my drivers license while riding rock and roller coaster. I noficed immediately while exiting the ride it wasn’t in my pocket and asked a cast member for assistance finding it. They directed me to the guest services desk at the front of the park and when I arrived to provide my information they already had it. I really couldn’t believe it had made it there so quickly. They have such a great system it makes me think people lose things on that ride very often!

minnieeee

I am home in Texas now and called lost and found one last time. After being on hold for 20 minutes a CM finally answered. I gave her a description of my ears and turns out that my ears were safe at TTC! I explained to her that I was back home, and she asked me for my home address, name etc. And she said that Mickey will ship them to me soon! Thank you for the advice! Much much help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom