Lost Item During Ride

goofy

Original Poster
I am not really sure the correct sub forum for this query so apologies if this isn't the correct one.

When riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train last night (wedesday) my small action camera (a much cheaper version of a GoPro) fell out my pocket on the first corner and rolled out of the mine train cart. After getting off I checked with a cast member at the entrance who advised it might not be lost for good as they do a full track walk each night so they may find it during this, she seemed hopeful. Sadly nothing has turned up yet as checked with Lost and Found and City Hall today but no sign of it yet. Given its small size I'm wondering if it will be missed during their walk rounds.

Has anyone had something drop out mid ride before and had any luck getting it back?? Any tips or who's best to speak to before I go home on Saturday? I was kind of hoping lost and found would take more details so they could have someone look for it during the next walk round but seems this isn't what happens, it's my own fault anyway. If I need to return to the Lost and Found again is it possible to get access to this without having to go through the MK parking lot and pay for parking etc??

I am not overly brothered about the camera itself (ironic It dropped out given the accesories I have to attach it places, it had survived all other rides in my pocket until this one) it wasn't expensive and probably hasnt survived the fall its more the memory card inside that's the loss as I've videos recorded over the last few weeks vacation I hadn't backed up yet (you learn these lessons the hardway).

Any help or tips on inceaseing my chances of seeing it again would be appreciated.

Gringrinngghost

I am not really sure the correct sub forum for this query so apologies if this isn't the correct one.

When riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train last night (wedesday) my small action camera (a much cheaper version of a GoPro) fell out my pocket on the first corner and rolled out of the mine train cart. After getting off I checked with a cast member at the entrance who advised it might not be lost for good as they do a full track walk each night so they may find it during this, she seemed hopeful. Sadly nothing has turned up yet as checked with Lost and Found and City Hall today but no sign of it yet. Given its small size I'm wondering if it will be missed during their walk rounds.

Has anyone had something drop out mid ride before and had any luck getting it back?? Any tips or who's best to speak to before I go home on Saturday? I was kind of hoping lost and found would take more details so they could have someone look for it during the next walk round but seems this isn't what happens, it's my own fault anyway. If I need to return to the Lost and Found again is it possible to get access to this without having to go through the MK parking lot and pay for parking etc??

I am not overly brothered about the camera itself (ironic It dropped out given the accesories I have to attach it places, it had survived all other rides in my pocket until this one) it wasn't expensive and probably hasnt survived the fall its more the memory card inside that's the loss as I've videos recorded over the last few weeks vacation I hadn't backed up yet (you learn these lessons the hardway).

Any help or tips on inceaseing my chances of seeing it again would be appreciated.
They normally at night do a track walk - so It should be found. Disney will ask you what was on the gopro and/or ask to see if you are in it. I have provided below the phone number: (407) 824-4245. Highly valuable items (such as wallets, purses, credit cards, prescription glasses and cameras) are held for 90 days. Items of lesser value (such as sunglasses, hats, toys and clothes) are held for 30 days. Disney lost and found has its own parking lot. You can find it from world drive as if you were going to the Polynesian.

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 12.03.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 12.03.45 AM.png

dhslxop

Back in December I lost a hat while riding Expedition Everest. I filed a claim with Guest Relations at Animal Kingdom and they told me to check at Central Lost & Found (at the TTC) in a few days, since it takes some time for them to do the full ride walk through and then to get the hat over to Central Lost & Found. I went over to Central Lost & Found a few days later, and the hat wasn't there. The CM there was great and took my information again and said they would contact me again if it was found. I never heard anything, so I figured it was gone forever. A few weeks later, I randomly received a package at home with my hat in it! I was very impressed with Disney's lost and found!

On another note, my phone once fell out of my pocket right at the end of Buzz Lightyear SRS (right in that scene with the final Buzz AA), and I immediately told a CM when I got off the ride. The CM told a manager, who then took one of those "grab sticks", got in a vehicle, rode around the ride and was able to grab my phone for me. This was incredible - I definitely thought I would have to wait until at least the next day to get my phone back.

aw14

Interestingly, I lost an old flip phone back in 2013 in Thunder Mountain. Once I realized, after riding Haunted Mansion, I went back to BTM and spoke to a CM and they had it.

correcaminos

We've never lost anything that small and not outside of a ride. I've had cell phones and hats as well as a cane returned. The cell phones mostly were lost in the ride car and were turned into the CMs at the podium. Once it was discovered lost much later and not sure when it was lost, and that was mailed back to me. The hats were picked up the next day after a ride sweep. The cane that afternoon but we knew where that was left.

drizgirl

I've lost a few things through the years and had great success having them returned. Couldn't even lose one thing I tried to lose on purpose. We were checking out of our hotel and left and old pair of costume boots that were trashed and I didn't want any more. About a week later they showed up in the mail. :joyfull:

Good luck OP. Keep checking back with them for at least a few weeks.

larandtra

I spoke with a couple Saturday as we sat waiting for Rivers Of Light. Very nice couple from Texas and they told me a great story. Friday mid ride on Space Mountain, the womans purse flew out of the car, cell phone, cash, wallet, etc. Yes it was in the netting its supposed to be in, but, somehow was dislodged.They told the CM after the ride and a manager told them they couldnt check for it till after close. They were told to go back to their resort after close and if they could locate it they would. but it is time consuming and not to expect it that night. They went back to their resort. At about 1AM the husband who was tracking his wifes phone and had seen it just sitting all night, saw it moving. By 2am a management person from Guest services at MK showed up at their resort door, bag in hand, apologized and gave them slips for 3 additional FPs each day for the duration of their trip. Im sure that was a bear for the people at Space Mountain to find the purse, but, major Kudos to how Disney handled this. They made believers of this couple on their first trip to DW.

goofy

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, sounds like some have had some success in getting things back so there still might be hope, though due to its small size it won't be an easy spot for anyone especially if they aren't looking specifically for it. I will keep checking in though. Is there an email address I can contact them via or is just the telephone number? I go home tomorrow and thinking if I provide them all the details of where I dropped it in an email they might work some Disney magic to go looking for it for me, the cast member at the lost and found wasn't the best I've experienced basically saying there isn't a great deal they can do and mother proactively but from the above sounds like there is a chance if you get the right person!

Lisa t

Yes. Right before Easter, my husband lost his prescription sunglasses on the Frozen ride. He called the next day and no one had found them on any of the boats. But he called a week later, and they found them. We receive them a couple days later. Sometimes it takes a couple of days to go through the system and get to the main lost and found area. Definitely call the 407 number above.

AndrewsJ

I lost my iPhone 6+ on BTM last year. It flew out of my pocket. The find iPhone app showed that it was up on the mountain. They found it that night doing the track walk and sent it to lost and found. After verifying it was mine I was able to claim it and that was that.

ETA: The big phablet iPhone was probably easier to see than your little action cam though. Plus the CM noted the probably location by viewing my find iPhone app. Let us know if you ever find it.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I lost a hat on The Big Bad Wolf at BGW. After the ride, the guy in the car behind mine tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I think this is yours." It was my hat -- it had flipped off my head and right back into his lap.

Years later, I was up on deck 10 of the Disney Wonder near the stern when a gust of wind flipped the hat off again, overboard, into the wake of the ship. It remains missing to this day.

I guess I was destined to lose that hat.

KraftServices

This isn't really the same, but once when I was like 7, my sunglasses fell into the manatee tank at The Living Seas, and they had a diver go in and get them. I still have those sunglasses, but they don't fit my big adult head.

Disney sure has some good customer service. My mom lost her prescription glasses in a Goodwill a couple months ago, we went back to look for them within an hour, got 5 different stories about what happened, ultimately it turned out they donated them to the Lion's Club immediately even though we came in looking for them and even talked to a cashier, and all we got was a flippant "apology." And then there Disney gives you fast passes because gravity exists and they found all your stuff but it took a few hours. Disney costs a lot and not all the CMs are perfect, but their customer service stuff is great.

minnieeee

Just an hour ago I left my fluffy Minnie ears on EE. I had them in the Velcro pouch. Will I have any luck in getting them back or should I pay another $20 on new ones?

Last edited:

minnieeee

Back in December I lost a hat while riding Expedition Everest. I filed a claim with Guest Relations at Animal Kingdom and they told me to check at Central Lost & Found (at the TTC) in a few days, since it takes some time for them to do the full ride walk through and then to get the hat over to Central Lost & Found. I went over to Central Lost & Found a few days later, and the hat wasn't there. The CM there was great and took my information again and said they would contact me again if it was found. I never heard anything, so I figured it was gone forever. A few weeks later, I randomly received a package at home with my hat in it! I was very impressed with Disney's lost and found!

On another note, my phone once fell out of my pocket right at the end of Buzz Lightyear SRS (right in that scene with the final Buzz AA), and I immediately told a CM when I got off the ride. The CM told a manager, who then took one of those "grab sticks", got in a vehicle, rode around the ride and was able to grab my phone for me. This was incredible - I definitely thought I would have to wait until at least the next day to get my phone back.

Yesterday night I left my fluffy Minnie ears on EE. I had them in the Velcro pouch. I tried calling the (407) number but they were closed. I attempted calling them at 9:32 and the phone was ringing for quit a while. Shall I keep trying again until someone picks up? And Will I have any luck in getting them back or should I pay another $15 on new ones?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom