Looking for souvenir ideas

farmgirl

Original Poster
Hi there I am looking for ideas. I was wandering what everybody thinks is that "Must Have" souvenir that they got at WDW. I thought it would be neat to get a couple of really good ideas then just going and coming home with a bunch of stuff that i don't really need. Thank you.

tigsmom

For me its pins and a new magnet or 2 from the parks. I also like the little bear carvings that you can get at the Mercantile in the WL and the little totem poles. T shirts are a must and we usually end up with a new mug, a baseball type hat for the boss and Disney music CDs for the kids.

Nemo14

Hi there I am looking for ideas. I was wandering what everybody thinks is that "Must Have" souvenir that they got at WDW. I thought it would be neat to get a couple of really good ideas then just going and coming home with a bunch of stuff that i don't really need. Thank you.
I tend to wait to buy, just so I have time to talk myself out of things I really don't need. I usually buy magnets, key chains, or antenna balls, and occasionally a T-shirt.

iluvpluto

We always try to get some new magnets each time we go. This past September we found 6 we didn't have. Also, my husband always gets a shirt. We also like to get some CDs. We got the soundtrack to Pirates of the Carribean (the ride, not the movie) and Julie Andrews Favorite Disney Songs, or something like that. I wish I had gotten Wishes, but I'll guess that'll be my next trip. Disney shopping is the best!!

eroyee

:wave: My DH and I always have to buy a new shirt. at least one! Theres tons of neat stuff to buy and hard to resist. I think one of the best places is the big World of Disney store in DTD. have fun. 37 LONG days till our next magical vacation. woo hoo!!!!:sohappy:

Mystic

Where can I find magnets? My girlfriend asked if I would get her a magnet from my trip and I'd like a few to put things up at work with.

Vernonpush

Most gift shops have magnets.
We usually buy Christmas ornaments on our trips to WDW. We met the day before Christmas Eve so it is special. For cheap souveniers there are Antennae Balls, and led light necklaces.

tigsmom

Where can I find magnets? My girlfriend asked if I would get her a magnet from my trip and I'd like a few to put things up at work with.

They are in just about every shop and all around the parks. You can find them in the resort shops too. I try to get one from each park and from our resort each trip.

doop

Usually it's just a new shirt for me, maybe some pins, nothing real spectacular. I'm not a big shopper, nor is anyone in my family.

iluvpluto

Most of the gift shops have them. The shops at the exits of the ride will usually have magnets, but not all of them do. We found a Soarin magnet at a cart right outside the exit. You really have to look for them; sometimes they are hard to spot.

wedenterprises

I like the die cast monorails and ride vehicles when they had them around. Anything to do with the rides is always great, like magnets of the ride posters.

The little things are the most fun, like magnets, keychains etc. One year I went with my gf and brought my Dad home a caramel apple, we bought it in the morning and he was eating it that night, all the way across the continent!

GoofyMom2

I like to buy the different earrings they have....for myself and as gifts.....easy to pack and can be fairly inexpensive.

Sometimes there is a TShirt we can't resisit. :animwink:

I also buy Christmas ornaments and decorations....we have an entire tree decorated in Disney!

nillyp

I like to buy a new scrapbook. They are a little costly, but I can put all my pictures from Disney in them. I think that is the best souvenir of all!

wedway71

Every time I go I always get some sort of picture book on the parks and wife makes me go to Downtown Disney and go to Goofy Candy Co which was Gourmet Pantry for long time and but the huge chocolate cover rice cripsy treats that are the size of my head.:slurp:

AlishaMisha

Im a Full-out Pin Trader but besides that I've had a tradition since 1999 of buying one of those pens shaped as Characters. My favorite is my Zebra print Mickey pen...You can only get this at Animal Kingdom. I love zebras and mickey so it was perfect for me...I find it harder every year to find another one i like that I don't already have but they are just so fun to have and it turns heads when you use them out in public. I get people commenting about them all the time!

:king: ~Leash

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
T-shirt, always a must have for me.

keychains, magnets, antennae toppers, cag tags, etc. for friends/family

Tiggerfanatic

I had been thinking of starting a thread similar to this myself...

I collect shot glasses everywhere we go - they're inexpensive, easy to pack and don't end up stuck in a drawer somewhere. I've got everything from the Grand Canyon to Kennywood. And we do actually use them. Even the kids get a kick out of drinking sparkling grape juice out of them on New Year's Eve. I also do magents - My goal is to completely cover the gun safe!!

KrazyKowboy

MAGNETRON in Downtown Disney's West Side is the place you want !

Open daily from 11am to 11pm. You've got to see this place to believe the funky collection of 20,000 magnets lining the steel walls --- magnets that talk, sing, ring, beep, light up, and glow in the dark. Kids love it, and souvenirs are pretty cheap.
You won't find a better selection anywhere else in WDW.

Personally, I collect postcards and World of Disney and Disney's Wonderful World of Memories, both in Downtown Disney have some great selections. I've got hundreds, many that date back to the 40's and 50's. Great pieces of nostalgic Americana.

farmgirl

Original Poster
One thing i know that I was really really glad I got was a CD with music from the parks and the rides. I didn't acually get it there myself I seen it then got home and felt bad I never bought it. My brother then got it for me as a birthday gift and I listen to it allllll the time ...it's great if you are feeling blue too....lifts your spirits....but then you just wish you were there. What a bunch of great ideas from everyone so far...i never knew so many people collected magnets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom