Looking for Just Married Buttons! Please Help!

KJ1081

I was married at Disney in 2011, and at that time the Just married buttons were only given to couples married on property through DFTW. On the wedding day, the coordinator gives the bride a little goodie bag- I can't remember everything that was in it, but I do know that the cake knife, Just Married buttons, and DFTW watches were in there. As others have said, unless she's getting married on property, ebay's the best option.

Sweet Melissa

I was married at Disney in 2011, and at that time the Just married buttons were only given to couples married on property through DFTW. On the wedding day, the coordinator gives the bride a little goodie bag- I can't remember everything that was in it, but I do know that the cake knife, Just Married buttons, and DFTW watches were in there. As others have said, unless she's getting married on property, ebay's the best option.

Even couples getting married through DFTW are getting "Happily Ever After" buttons now. The explanation they're receiving is that "Happily Ever After" is more inclusive. IE: same-sex couples or domestic partners who have just had a commitment ceremony are celebrating a "happily ever after" rather than a marriage. :/

bethymouse

The CMs will put "Just Married" on the generic Celebrations buttons w/ the balloons on them I believe.;)
That's all I've ever seen for "free".;)

EeyoreFan1986

Thank you Melissa! Yes, she is picky and wants the Disney World ones. The Ever After Printables shop no longer exists on Etsy. Thanks again for your help!

EeyoreFan1986

Melissa, I appreciate your responses so much! I also tried doing a design on Zazzle, but they want confirmation that you have permission from Disney World, etc. The characters they have on their web site aren't nearly as cute as the Just Married buttons. My daughter was sad when we were there in February and found out that they no longer have them. She did get the Happily Ever After buttons while we were there. I'll just keep checking ebay and hope that someone decides to sell them. :)

CLandrum

I found a wesite called Zazzle.com. You can make tons of products there but most importently you can make 3" buttons there. I saved the picture from http://www.yourwdwstore.net/Disney-...and-Prince-Charming--Just-Married_p_3864.html. I then went to the zazzle website and made my buttons. They came out pretty good. The top is a little cut off but that was my fault when I positioned the pic. But over all I am pretty happy with them. For 2 buttons plus shipping it was only $12.99. Our honeymoon is September 20th. I can't wait to wear them!

Tinkerbella16

I know that you can mail Mickey & Minnie an invitation to your wedding and they will mail you back the Just Married Buttons! The address is a California location at Disneyland. I think this is so cute! My sister just mailed her wedding invitation to them today, so we will see if it is the actual Just Married buttons and not the Happily Ever After ones. The website says that they are the Just Married buttons so we are assuming that is what they'll get! You can also mail your invitation to Cinderella & Prince Charming to a Florida location and get the same thing! :joyfull:

Last edited:

Sweet Melissa

I know that you can mail Mickey & Minnie an invitation to your wedding and they will mail you back the Just Married Buttons! The address is a California location at Disneyland. I think this is so cute! My sister just mailed her wedding invitation to them today, so we will see if it is the actual Just Married buttons and not the Happily Ever After ones. The website says that they are the Just Married buttons so we are assuming that is what they'll get! You can also mail your invitation to Prince Charming to a Florida location and get the same thing! :joyfull:
I didn't get buttons, just a post card.

Sweet Melissa

Hmm.. The website says you'll receive a signed postcard and 2 Just Married buttons. Read about others who have done it online and they all received buttons also.
I sent out our invites a couple months ago and got the postcard back maybe three weeks later, and we're getting married on Disney property. I'm only posting this because I want people to manage their expectations regarding freebies. People get their hopes up for a bunch of "magic" and "pixie dust" that may not happen all across the board. I wasn't expecting buttons, especially since I know the Just Married buttons are discontinued. Just sharing my experience.

Tinkerbella16

I sent out our invites a couple months ago and got the postcard back maybe three weeks later, and we're getting married on Disney property. I'm only posting this because I want people to manage their expectations regarding freebies. People get their hopes up for a bunch of "magic" and "pixie dust" that may not happen all across the board. I wasn't expecting buttons, especially since I know the Just Married buttons are discontinued. Just sharing my experience.

Thanks! I should let my sister know that it is POSSIBLE that they may just receive a post card. Even though it is shown otherwise, that does not mean it is guaranteed. I have a feeling that the buttons are the Happily Ever After Ones anyway.. I wonder why they discontinued them! So many people want the just married ones. Anyone can get the Happily Ever After button.. a CM gave me one when I was paying at the Emporium just because we started talking for a little while. The Just Married ones are more special.

Last edited:

Sweet Melissa

Thanks! I should let my sister know that it is POSSIBLE that they may just receive a post card. Even though they advertise otherwise that does not mean it is guaranteed. I have a feeling that the buttons are the Happily Ever After Ones anyway.. I wonder why they discontinued them! So many people want the just married ones. Anyone can get the Happily Ever After button.. a CM gave me one when I was paying at the Emporium just because we started talking for a little while. The Just Married ones are more special.
Where on the website did you see that they send buttons? Can you share a link? I've only seen this info on unofficial fan sites, so you've piqued my curiosity.

I've heard that "Just Married" was changed to "Happily Ever After" because the neutral language is more sensitive to civil unions and same-sex partnerships. I'm not sure that's true, though. I think Disney is just scaling back the celebration buttons little by little. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to just birthday, 1st visit and generic "I'm Celebrating!" buttons in the near future.

Tinkerbella16

Where on the website did you see that they send buttons? Can you share a link? I've only seen this info on unofficial fan sites, so you've piqued my curiosity.

I've heard that "Just Married" was changed to "Happily Ever After" because the neutral language is more sensitive to civil unions and same-sex partnerships. I'm not sure that's true, though. I think Disney is just scaling back the celebration buttons little by little. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to just birthday, 1st visit and generic "I'm Celebrating!" buttons in the near future.

I have only seen from the same unofficial sites also. I don't think Disney has them anywhere on their official sites. But from the ones I read about and saw pictures of, all of them had the postcard and Just Married buttons were included in the mailing. They may have changed what they send now. Seems to be popular, so you know what happens when that happens, changes lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom