Longest Commute

Dean[AU]

Original Poster
How long have you guys n gals taken to commute to WDW.. it took me around 42 hrs, going around the world the wrong way from australia [via melb singapore dubai london]

Pippa

Its about 8/9 hours by plane from the UK and thats quite long enough! Although it is a lot more bearable if you upgrade the flight which I have this time! An extra £800! Ouch!

gjpjtj

It takes us about 18 hours when we drive from NorthEast Pennsylvania. (We are flying this time in 6 weeks and 5 days!!):)

CrisKennedy

as a kid, 9 1/2 hours from my hometown of Travelers Rest, SC...
as a adult, 7 hours from Charleston, SC...
now my commute time is under 1 1/2 hours...

*above times are driving times*

miles1

Twenty hours from Upstate New York! Man, you must MOVE when you drive! Ever gotten any tickets in Georgia or Delaware?

It Takes about 24 hours from here in Connecticut, a good chunk of which is spent going through, or around New York City and all the major cities along I-95. Air travel from Hartford or NYC is good for about 2 1/2 hours, but takes another one and a half to either airport.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
10 mins to the property line..

15 to the Studios and to Epcot

20 to MK and to AK

25 to DTD, the Waterparks, and pretty much everything else.

I'm telling ya... I gotta get closer to
WDW...

:brick:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Dean[AU]
How long have you guys n gals taken to commute to WDW.. it took me around 42 hrs, going around the world the wrong way from australia [via melb singapore dubai london]

good god... I hope the flight was at least inexpensive... or that they had some good movies.

When I went to Oz in 94 I left from San Juan.. the flight was SJU-ORD, ORD-LAX, LAX-SYD the way there... and SYD-LAX. LAX-MCO, MCO-SJU the way back.. it was about 26 hours each way

General Grizz

Takes about 25 minutes...and I go about 4 times a year. I know some of you may think I'm nuts...I THINK I AM, TOO! :lol: :) However, I hope to increase it with the help of Play 5 days! :lol: :p (LOL, jk)

NowInc

I miss the good ol days when it'd take me about 10 mintues...

...now it'd take me abouuuuut..3 hours driving...providing i speed ;)

Maria

12 hours in Sep. '98! :mad:

This was when I was going there to work. I live in the Peninsula of Yucatan... there are direct flights from my city to Miami three times a week (in ´98 there were daily). Disney decided to send me my ticket via Mexico City, then Miami, then Orlando, changing planes each time. :brick:
I called them to let them know how easier it would have been for me to fly to Miami and then to Orlando and be at the airport in Orlando in 3 hours of flying, but nooo... it wasn´t that easy for them, apparently... :rolleyes: I left at 7am and finally arrived to my new home after 7pm! Unbelievable!

tigsmom

Originally posted by miles1
Twenty hours from Upstate New York! Man, you must MOVE when you drive! Ever gotten any tickets in Georgia or Delaware?

It Takes about 24 hours from here in Connecticut, a good chunk of which is spent going through, or around New York City and all the major cities along I-95. Air travel from Hartford or NYC is good for about 2 1/2 hours, but takes another one and a half to either airport.

We don't go near the city...I'm 40 miles north of NYC and we head out 287 thru Jersey...can't help but do 65 or 70mph or you'll get run over by a truck. Had a friend who made it home from Jacksonville in 15 hrs. She was motivated though...her dad had a heart attack.

RickEff

It tends to take me between 19.5 to 22 hours to get there from Niagara Falls, ON.

I do tend to push the limit a little and have very few breaks along the way. I love the drive! If I go for a week or less, I'll fly - but otherwise I like to have my car for trips to KSC, Universal or just beer runs outside of The World.

Rick

2-3 hours. thats Jacksonvill Fl to orlando. Thats if orlando traffic is calm too. that seems to be the worst traffic anywhere. And it si the longest 3 hours of my life too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom