Longest Commute

rokcandy

It takes us about 24 hrs to drive down...used to take 2 days when I was much younger and couldn't help...I feel bad for what my folks had to go through back then w/ me. :lol:

tigsmom

Re: where in CT are you from? i live in durham (center of state near middletown) and it o

Originally posted by miles1
[If we drive, we try to avoid the NYC traffic by going over the Tappan Zee and Down the Garden State Parkway as far south as possible. But even the Tappan Zee is usually at a dead standstill and can add an hour or more on the trip.

B]
Once you come ove the Tap...go up to Suffern and get on 287. You can cut out the Garden State and all the traffic to the Jersey shore. You get on the Turnpike near Metuchen. Watch out for Philly...thats where we got lost.

Vernonpush

It's a 10 hour drive from Birmingham, AL to Orlando. That is, if you go on old highways instead of the interstate. My SO hates to drive with alot of traffic, so we found an alternative. Hardly anyone on the road with us, quite relaxing.

josenk

26 hour drive from Montreal Canada. I've done it myself 3 times and was a passenger in my father's car 4-5 times as a kid. :hurl:

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Vernonpush
It's a 10 hour drive from Birmingham, AL to Orlando. That is, if you go on old highways instead of the interstate. My SO hates to drive with alot of traffic, so we found an alternative. Hardly anyone on the road with us, quite relaxing.
What route do you take to do this? U.S. 231? U.S. 19? I'm interested to hear how you get there.

BigAL

Trip

A perfect nine hours from here in Birmingham, AL. Go down on 231 through Dothan and come back through Atlanta. Either way it is a perfect nine hours.

FutureCEO

24 hours fron Rhode Island but most of the first 12 or so hours is stuck in traffic in Conn, New York, New Jersey and Virginia.

Mary Ellen

We also drive from Connecticut. We leave at 6:30 in the evening and drive until middle of Virginia before hitting a hotel. This way the New York traffic isn't that bad and make better time at night.

Well from door to gate i'd say it would about 15 hours including drive to airport (manchester UK), wait at airport, flight and immigration at Orlando. However saying that the longest it ever took was closer to 30 hours because of a whopping great delay caused by a faulty wing (at least it got fixed!!).

I wouldn't even want to consider how long it would take by car, but i guess we would get a little wet trying, but if Disney were to lend us one of their 20k leagues subs, lol.

jonny

tenchu

Originally posted by djmatthews
9 hours 30 flight via Canada to refuel.

Refuel at gander? (They do moose milk ice cream there though! :lol: )

I did that once, and flying directly into florida is so much better.

Vernonpush

SpongeScott:
We take 280 from B'ham to Columbus, Ga. Then 280/520/82 to Albany. Take 19 south through Florida, then cut across (I can't remember where) to Orlando.:hammer:

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Vernonpush
SpongeScott:
We take 280 from B'ham to Columbus, Ga. Then 280/520/82 to Albany. Take 19 south through Florida, then cut across (I can't remember where) to Orlando.:hammer:
Not a bad route. I've taken 280 one time and it was a nice drive. 19 from Thomasville on down is good as long as you observe the speed limits in those dinky towns. I think you cut across on 27 to get to Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom