Longest Commute

tenchu

Originally posted by gjpjtj
It takes us about 18 hours when we drive from NorthEast Pennsylvania. (We are flying this time in 6 weeks and 5 days!!):)

6 weeks and 5 days?

Thats some flight! You win! :lol:

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
yall must speed!!! I feel bad for the longer timers...i am in VERY north Alabama....it takes 8-12 hours
I can tell you obviously have never driven this trip. My front door--also North Alabama to WDW is 677 miles. A 10 hour trip means I'm averaging 67+ mph! It takes a good 12-13 hours from North Bama.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
67... bah... MOVE OVER GRANDMA!!!

I made it to the Canadian border at Windsor in 16 hrs...

:lookaroun

daniam2188

Originally posted by miles1
Twenty hours from Upstate New York! Man, you must MOVE when you drive! Ever gotten any tickets in Georgia or Delaware?

It Takes about 24 hours from here in Connecticut, a good chunk of which is spent going through, or around New York City and all the major cities along I-95. Air travel from Hartford or NYC is good for about 2 1/2 hours, but takes another one and a half to either airport.

where in CT are you from? i live in durham (center of state near middletown) and it only took 50 mins to get to bradely the other morning

mandib

It took 2 hours and 10 min last time. Yea I timed it. What else is there to do on a plane. We always fly so never that long!

kal1484

Takes us about 24 hours total to drive. My dad is a slow-poke. We also stop at night to rest. That's not included in the 24 hours :) We flew once, 2 1/2 hours....but my dad hates to fly.

s25843

I have only driven to WDW Once from up here, but it took us 30 hours to drive from Massachusetts (Thanks to NYC Traffic!:fork: ) That will be the LAST time I ever drive to WDW from MA LOL

When we are in Delray it takes about 3 hours using the Florida Turnpike

When we fly it takes about 2.5-3 hours

SpongeScott

Originally posted by mkt
67... bah... MOVE OVER GRANDMA!!!

I made it to the Canadian border at Windsor in 16 hrs...

:lookaroun
LOL! Remember Rob, I have two kids and a wife with a bladder the size of a grape.

miles1

where in CT are you from? i live in durham (center of state near middletown) and it o

We live in Danbury, also known as the "Parking lot of Connecticut." Its about 65 miles to Hartford or NYC, and consequently, about 90 minutes to Bradley or LaGuardia. We have to watch the speed on I-84 around here, since there seems to be fatal accident at least weekly, not to mention the Conn. State Police are not the most friendly people when they catch you speeding. I try not to go much over 70 mph in the 65 mph zones.

If we drive, we try to avoid the NYC traffic by going over the Tappan Zee and Down the Garden State Parkway as far south as possible. But even the Tappan Zee is usually at a dead standstill and can add an hour or more on the trip.

We've had to postpone our next trip til about November or December, but intend to fly, probably from New York.

miles1

and a wife with a bladder the size of a grape.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought my wife was the only one with this problem.

SpongeScott

Re: and a wife with a bladder the size of a grape.

Originally posted by miles1
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought my wife was the only one with this problem.
She told me tonight that she could go anyplace, anytime, even if she has just gone. I swear she can manufacture it on the spot.

Thunder5921

It takes us about 17 hrs to get to Disney. I never forget this past Feb 2003, my husband and I left to drive to Disney. It was 20 degrees with freshly new snow and ice fell that night. Normally it takes us 2 hrs to get to Pittsburgh, PA. It took us 3 1/2 hrs that day. What were we thinking..... I know WARMER WEATHER!!!! LOL. I don't think we will try that again. Plus, I think I would fly next time. It's much faster.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
When I visited WDW in 1999 it took 24 hours to get there. 3 1/2 hour drive down to Gatwick Airport (UK) to arrive 2 1/2 hours before the flight for check-in to find out that the flight was delayed for 8 hours, then a 9 hour flight and then an hour or so to get out of the airport and to Dixie Landings (as it was then).
Eventually got to Dixie Landings around midnight - but well worth it when you here the slow relaxing music in the lobby and know you have arrived!

Dean[AU]

Original Poster
Thats the thing i hate about airports now, everyones a suspected terrorist... They recommend you arrive 3hrs before ure departure!

Aslo.. im going up the E.A.C tommorow, to Sydney and Queensland :)

15hrs 39mins 10secs!

djmatthews

OK the last time I went to Orlando in 2001

2 hours 30 drive to Manchester Airport
3 hour wait there
9 hours 30 flight via Canada to refuel.
1 hour wait at Sanford for baggage and car hire
1 hour drive to our villa.

So a 17 hour day really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom