LOL another guest vs character misconduct

llrain

Original Poster
she claims she was hit with Post tramatic stress in the form of nightmares
and the BEST ONE OF ALL: DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS??
where the heck did this one come from? Digestive problems??
Our world specifically our contry just plain sucks/ she should be ashamed of herself to make claims like this

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...k-groping-case-epcot-20110103,0,5316435.story

12:31 PM EST, January 3, 2011

Advertisement

PHILADELPHIA — A Pennsylvania woman who claims Donald Duck groped her at Disney's Epcot theme park can have her day in court, a federal judge has ruled.

Disney must defend April Magolon's claims that the character grabbed her breast as she held her child at the Walt Disney World park and then joked about it.

Magolon, 27, of Upper Darby, claims the May 2008 encounter left her with post-traumatic stress in the form of nightmares, digestive problems and other permanent injuries.

Her lawsuit also charges that Disney parks have a history of fondling complaints involving workers, and that that Disney has "condoned" their actions, putting profits over public safety.

In court papers, the defense argued that Magolon sued the wrong Disney corporate entity, and asked the judge to dismiss the suit or move it to Florida, where the encounter took place.

But U.S. District Judge John R. Padova refused, saying Magolon can proceed in Pennsylvania.

"She, her fiance (who was a witness to the alleged assault), and her treating doctors are all located in Pennsylvania," Padova wrote in a Dec. 29 ruling.

Disney also has greater resources to try the case in Pennsylvania than Magolon does to try it in Florida, he said.

Magolon does not have a listed number, and lawyers for her and for Disney did not immediately return calls for comment Monday on the ruling.

According to Magolon's suit, authorities in Florida received 24 related complaints in the week after a Walt Disney World employee dressed as " Tigger" was charged with molesting a 13-year-old girl and her mother in 2004. At least some were deemed credible and investigated by police, the suit said.

The man playing "Tigger" was later acquitted of criminal wrongdoing, after his lawyer donned the Tigger costume in court and argued that his client couldn't see much.

On the flip side, a 60-year-old Pennsylvania man was convicted last year of groping a woman in a Minnie Mouse costume at Walt Disney World.

John William Moyer, of Cressona, insisted he was innocent. But a Florida judge sentenced him to probation, community service and $1,000 court costs for misdemeanor battery.

The victim said she had to do everything possible to keep Moyer's hands off her .

Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

S

stphnbogert

I feel bad for Donald Duck. You can barely see in the costume and this woman just wants to milk Disney for their money. =/

She joked about it? Really? Something you should be doing after you were groped.

She was holding her child. Donald was probably trying to kidnap the kid or something.

She needs to get over herself and go to Universal...don't want her at Disney. =)

thelookingglass

Sometimes, I hate this country SO much. I wish there were more repercussions for wasting the court/everyone's time with a ridiculous lawsuit other than losing and not getting the money they were seeking.
She needs to get over herself and go to Universal...don't want her at Disney. =)
Also, I'm really tired of this attitude of posters on here that we're supposed to be "enemies" of Universal, or something. Why does Universal deserve her? No theme park deserves to have her as a guest.

NYwdwfan

I think the article is saying she is alleging Donald was joking about it. How is that even possible? They don't talk. It took my kid a while to realize Lotso was "saying" happy birthday to him - and he was TRYING to be obvious! How in the world would she discern he was joking that he groped her? People are really insane.

S

stphnbogert

I'm really tired of this attitude of posters on here that we're supposed to be "enemies" of Universal, or something. Why does Universal deserve her? No theme park deserves to have her as a guest.

I do agree with you, no theme park deserves to have her there. I feel though she would be better off there because there is less cast members in costumes and more people like that (sue for a living) try to milk money out of Disney. My comment was simply a joke. I don't like Universal because I like Disney. I don't like Universal because nothing there interests me. In my opinion its a lousy theme park with lousy rides. But that is my opinion.

Jrn14

I do agree with you, no theme park deserves to have her there. I feel though she would be better off there because there is less cast members in costumes and more people like that (sue for a living) try to milk money out of Disney. My comment was simply a joke. I don't like Universal because I like Disney. I don't like Universal because nothing there interests me. In my opinion its a lousy theme park with lousy rides. But that is my opinion.

#1 Universal is great and good competition for Disney and has terrific rides that rival and sometimes exceed similar Disney rides.

#2 I don't like your insuation that Universal guests are more likely (such as myself) to be the type to make up frivilious lawsuits to milk money off of Disney. Please get off your high horse because you come off as a jerk.

IMHO

fillerup

I've been really heavy into Zantac ever since Minnie groped my man back in '03....

Now where's my lawyer's phone number?

S

stphnbogert

#1 Universal is great and good competition for Disney and has terrific rides that rival and sometimes exceed similar Disney rides.

#2 I don't like your insuation that Universal guests are more likely (such as myself) to be the type to make up frivilious lawsuits to milk money off of Disney. Please get off your high horse because you come off as a jerk.

IMHO

1) I didn't say Disney isn't good competition for Disney. I said IN MY OPINION Universal does nothing for me. It was an opinion.

2) I didn't say Universal guests are more likely to sue. I said people who like to sue for a living tend to sue Disney over stupid stuff. Look at how many times Disney has been sued just because of costume characters.

Before you decide to toss around names and be rude maybe you should read my post more clearly. Thanks.

Bravo 229

I guess I should sue Universal and their employee that was poking me in the back during the TNA wrestling ppv last month, the streetmosphere character in the Italy pavilion that tapped me on the shoulder during my 8th grade field trip and Mr Shmee for bumping into me outside of POTC when I was 11...I have been a nervous wreck ever since!!!

People like this really make me angry, go earn you money like everyone else does!

NYwdwfan

My husband was hugged from behind by a Brazilian tour group girl - he was wearing the same color green as the group and I guess she thought he was a friend of hers - it was the highlight of his trip! No lawsuits here!

llrain

Original Poster
And In my boat, my mother in law is exactly this person. She fell in a parking lot last winter, hurt her wrist (no sprain, fracture,break. Just irritated her existing artheritis.
We lived with her at the time and heard about it all the time. She sued
the hotel this year claiming her wrists still were damaged from this fall and that she still has a problem with them from it, meanwhile every day we witnessed her without effort picking up heavy objects, dishes, playing with the grand children while this claim was made.
She won the claim, got a small settlement (more than what would pay the hospital bills). All of the sudden she has a new home theatre, new dishwasher, mini kitchen make over. 2, not one, 2 new HDTV's among other things.
We didnt and still dont know how to deal with her doing this its made us so sick, our own family member

I guess I should sue Universal and their employee that was poking me in the back during the TNA wrestling ppv last month, the streetmosphere character in the Italy pavilion that tapped me on the shoulder during my 8th grade field trip and Mr Shmee for bumping into me outside of POTC when I was 11...I have been a nervous wreck ever since!!!

People like this really make me angry, go earn you money like everyone else does!

Bravo 229

And In my boat, my mother in law is exactly this person. She fell in a parking lot last winter, hurt her wrist (no sprain, fracture,break. Just irritated her existing artheritis.
We lived with her at the time and heard about it all the time. She sued
the hotel this year claiming her wrists still were damaged from this fall and that she still has a problem with them from it, meanwhile every day we witnessed her without effort picking up heavy objects, dishes, playing with the grand children while this claim was made.
She won the claim, got a small settlement (more than what would pay the hospital bills). All of the sudden she has a new home theatre, new dishwasher, mini kitchen make over. 2, not one, 2 new HDTV's among other things.
We didnt and still dont know how to deal with her doing this its made us so sick, our own family member

Its amazing how people are so upset and hurt yet they can still do all of these things...I know people who have pulled the same stunt several times, ranging from auto accidents to food from a chain store making them sick...it just gets crazier every time!

WDWFigment

My husband was hugged from behind by a Brazilian tour group girl - he was wearing the same color green as the group and I guess she thought he was a friend of hers - it was the highlight of his trip! No lawsuits here!

Is that a true story? Pretty funny stuff!

NYwdwfan

Is that a true story? Pretty funny stuff!

100% true. There was a sea of green shirts in the walkway in front of Small World/Peter Pan and we were crossing from one to the other and he got grabbed. She draped her arms over his shoulder and when he turned around she turned a shade of pink rarely seen on a human. It was unbelievably funny. He talked about it for DAYS. Every time we saw a group he was looking for his girlfriend.

trr1

I have a few questions on this

1) why did she wait 2 years to file a lawsuit?
2) what does "can't perform her daily duties" really mean?
3) nausea,digestive problems? what she cant eat duck anymore?

here is a picture of her
1031.jpg

llrain

Original Poster
If disney really wanted to stop this nonsense from happening they should just throw every resource they have into these things rather than just settle.
If they begin taking these things all the way the more people might or willl hesitate to hire a lawyer and file that lawsuit because it will cost themselves mucho money.

S

stphnbogert

1) why did she wait 2 years to file a lawsuit? she probably finally realized she can sue them. but i'm sure the story is VERY twisted.
2) what does "can't perform her daily duties" really mean? she can't work because of her digestive problems. :shrug:
3) nausea,digestive problems? what she cant eat duck anymore? She throws up thinking about it. She goes to the bathroom thinking about it. And by it...the story she made up in her head. lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom