Loki - the Disney+ streaming Marvel MCU series

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Good move! I was worried the finale would clash with Black Widow.
I don't suppose that Disney just realized that Friday D+ premiers interfere with film premiers?

Hopefully, they knew enough that their Fridays realeases were just temporary until the cinema revived.

doctornick

I don't suppose that Disney just realized that Friday D+ premiers interfere with film premiers?

Hopefully, they knew enough that their Fridays realeases were just temporary until the cinema revived.

Maybe, but they were doing a Friday release template from launch (e.g. The Mandalorian season 1) even though that was pre-pandemic with normal movie times.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
Since it's tangentially related as without this film, we wouldn't have this series - I thought I'd share a quick little interview with Sir Kenneth Branagh, without whose Shakespearean/Asgardian contribution to the MCU, we would not be privileged to enjoy the gloriousness of Tom Hiddleston's Loki! 😍 The interview is a look back as the first Thor film celebrates its 10th anniversary!

NateD1226

New poster!

1620828159569.png

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
Four more weeks!

Couldn't wait - set up future spoilers thread here for when episodes begin to air!

That thread will be used for spoiler discussion of aired episodes. In the meantime, this one can continue to be used for news and info!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
My new motto in life. Thank you, Kevin Feige!

When asked why Loki was one of the studio's first Disney+ shows, Marvel president Kevin Feige replies matter-of-factly, "More Hiddleston, more Loki."

Also: I want to go to Loki School. 😍

But seriously, is there anyone on the planet more charming than Hiddles? I think not.

Lucky Rabbit

I think that plays a part. At some point in the near future you’ll have too much content from Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, and Disney animation that will have to overlap. So if Mandalorian Season 3 is running the same time as Moon Knight, at least it will be different days of the week.

Marvel has so much content the next 2 years they could probably drop an episode/movie nearly every week.

2021 Theaters: Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals, Spider-Man 3
2021 D+: Loki, What If, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye

2022 Theaters: Doctor Strange 2, Thor 4, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, and Disney has yet to give up their October 7th date that was originally meant for Blade.
2022 D+: She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Secret Invasion, Ironheart, Armor Wars, Guardians Holiday Special

2023 Theaters: Ant-Man 3, Guardians 3, Fantastic 4, Blade, and MAYBE Deadpool.
2023 D+: I Am Groot

So Loki is probably a good show to test the mid-week waters. I wonder if What If follows suit in August.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom