Locals: How often do you go to WDW??

NemoRocks78

Seized
Did my first year of college 'round those parts last year (lived 5 min. from Universal, 10-15 to the World). Many times I'd go after school or skip a class and spend the afternoon at EPCOT or another park. And I was usually at DTD at least once over weekends for some Earl or a movie.

Legalos

I live about 10-15 mins away, and I have an AP, so we go atleast once a month, but usually when we go less its because we head out to the other resorts. Normally, we go to Disney tho.

ttalovebug

I'm an hour and a half away with an AP. When I'm not too busy, I'm usually there once a month. In the summer, we don't go for as many day trips and actually stay in Orlando for a few days. In December, I go at least five times. :xmas:

need2go2wdw

I'm close enough that I can get to WDW proprty wthout even hitting a traffic signal :lookaroun

I go quite a bit... sometimes I'll just hop into a park for lunch... or just to even walk around. I'm usually there at least one weekend day.

It also depends on the time of year, too... When its cool out and the crowds are down I'm there quite a bit... but come July... forget about it! :lol:

That would be so cool to be able to pop in for lunch or dinner and fireworks anytime! I could see if I were in your position, while my DH was at work everyday, my DD and I going to the parks more often then should be allowed just to walk around and enjoy the sights! I could be like a mall-walker...only at Disney :lol: Think of the pounds that could be shed...:rolleyes:
We are about 2.5 hours away and we go as often as once a month. If we were an hour or less away I could honestly see us there weekly.
I totally hear you. We live 3 hours away and thats only since we moved here in Dec. from MI. We've only been to the World once so far since being so close. We almost were able to move to Clearwater, putting us about an hour away, but my DH's job brought him here instead. If we were an hour or less away, I'd be right there with you, heading out weekly! :D

And I know I would never get tired of it or think it got stale. There's just too much of a variety of things to see and do that you can space out to keep things a little fresher if you needed to.

Horizons1

I would love to live close to WDW to visit as often as I would like but I too am afraid that eventually I may get (dare I say) bored or tired of going to Disney...

It happens. But when it does, you just say "Hey! I'm in the theme park capitol of the WORLD!" And you go down the street to Universal and IOA.

awalkinthepark

We live about 45 minutes away...we manage a weekend day once a month and we try to fit in a 3-5 day weekend on-site every quarter..but hubby's schedule is crazy and constantly changing. I would try to take the kids more often but we have two 9 month old English Mastiff puppies ..I can't leave them in their crates for more than 4 hours and they try to crawl in my lap(130lbs apiece) while I'm driving so taking them to the kennel is out unless another adult is in the van to wrangle them.

Some of the on-site kennels doing overnight boarding has been great..I thought that we had lost our long weekends....I don't know if I will ever be able to convince hubby to do a cruise again..he likes being able to visit the pups during the day.

anc33

We live about 1.5 hours away and go 1-2 times a month. for day trips During the winter we go more often and usually spend one week on property each December. We have AP and we definitely make the most of them. If we lived even a little closer we would probably be there more often.

UrbanDonovan

I live about 30 minutes from Disney, but have never been blessed with the wealth to afford APs for the whole family. But, we still try to make it at least two times a year. Just wish it wasn't so expensive or that Disney would do more for local visitors, like they've recently done with the 4-for-$99 pass.

tiggermarie

We live 2 hours away. This is the first year that we got the AP. So far this year we have been to WDW:
2 time in January
1 time in March

Hope to go once a month. Until July and August when it gets way to hot to be outside.

But it the past it has been once every 4 years. But I hope that will change in the coming years.

chama1

Frequent Disney

I live 10 minutes away and we go during the week for evening walks, quick sandwich or drink by the lake @ DTD, I can even see the fireworks from my upstairs window. With our "weekday hopper pass" during the evenings it's not crowded and the visits are great. For us "mature" citizens just walking, meeting people from other countries or sitting near the lagoon or lakes can be so much relaxing, plus seeing Mickey and friends does bring put a smile on your face after a "hectic" day. :wave:

We live about 3 1/2 hours away and have had seasonal passes for over a decade. We go twice a year, end of April/start of May for ten days, and end of Sept/start of Oct for ten days (usually with the free dining). Kids are just about out of school and then just have started school, so crowds are light and weather is great. We pull the boys out, and have a blast :) and we're good for the 5 months in between :)

crazydaveh

I'm about 25 minutes away from WDW and with it being cool, I've been down there at least once a week with my 15 month old daughter. The next two weeks, you won't find me south of Conroy on I4. Like many others have stated, I stay away from the parks in the summer. It's just not as fun sweating so much you need a new shirt by the time you get to the bag check as it is this time of year.

I love being able to go for a few hours at a time and not having to feel like I have to do something or everything.

The one event I'm there all the time for... Food and Wine Festival.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm about 25 minutes away from WDW and with it being cool, I've been down there at least once a week with my 15 month old daughter. The next two weeks, you won't find me south of Conroy on I4. Like many others have stated, I stay away from the parks in the summer. It's just not as fun sweating so much you need a new shirt by the time you get to the bag check as it is this time of year.

I love being able to go for a few hours at a time and not having to feel like I have to do something or everything.

The one event I'm there all the time for... Food and Wine Festival.
This is why we really like the seasonal pass. It keeps us away from WDW during the times that no one in their right mind would want to be there.

StingraySam

We are a little under 2 hours away. When we had AP's we were there about 3-5 long weekends a year but now that we don't :cry: it's down to about 2.

memster

Just wondering how many fellow locals are on here, and how often you guys go! We are annual passholders and we live about an hour away....which is absolutely amazing, but sometimes really hard too! Sitting here in my office on a beautiful Florida day like today is torture when I know I am only an hour away from my favorite place in the world!! However, I also know that if I just couldn't resist it any longer, I could head over there later even if just for a few hours. We went for the day last weekend and I am already itching to go back. I am fairly sure that we are going to go for a day or maybe even two next weekend, and I am already super excited!! I think we average one visit per month, and sometimes if we are lucky and can find enough free time, we will go a little more than that. So I was just wondering how many other Disney nuts there are like us in the area... :ROFLOL:
Ohh I'm so jealous:fork:

devoy1701

This is why we really like the seasonal pass. It keeps us away from WDW during the times that no one in their right mind would want to be there.

Until that one day you make it to the park and you realize you forgot to check the blackout dates and it just so happens you miscalculated...

Been an full AP Holder ever sense...been pretty good too, infact last July 3rd was one of the LEAST crowded days we've ever been to MK. :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Until that one day you make it to the park and you realize you forgot to check the blackout dates and it just so happens you miscalculated...

Been an full AP Holder ever sense...been pretty good too, infact last July 3rd was one of the LEAST crowded days we've ever been to MK. :shrug:
I did that but it was in the opposite direction. I thought we were blacked out but we were not. As usual Disney made up for my moronic miscalculation and comped me a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom