Local girl injured at TL

Horizons1

While my DW and I were watching our kids on the OKW pool slide a woman had a wardrobe malfunction with the top of her suit. The disturbing part was that she didn't realize it and got out of the pool and went back up the slide while still "hanging out" The life guard had to inform her when she came back down of the problem.

....awesome.

teddygurl28

just my past experience...i have gotten some cuts and scrapes and bruises esp. from tl wave pool when i was younger ( and i remember it KILLING when i did it ha) but i got up, sat down and gathered myself ( hit my head hard off the ground during a big wave so i definately needed a time to relax after it) and then i just went on my merry way....a cm did talk to me to see if i wanted any medical attention or anything else and offered a variety of other things, but all i needed was a few minutes in the shade and was good to go...not a lawyer, $$$$ or anything else...but again to each his own i suppose and unfortuantely in todays society you see it all too often.....one another note...to the person who asked about bathing suit tops and slides---yeh that arent friends...hahaha i love slides but i always dread getting to the bottom because i never know where my top will be in relation to my body!!!:p

CAPTAIN HOOK

I might get a little flamed for this one but oh well....
Mmmm.....somone can't afford health insurance but they can go to theme/water parks? I would personally invest in health insurance for my children before taking them to theme/water parks.

You can take out insurance for a whole range of Extreme Sports including bungee jumping and paragliding etc etc. To take out insurance for a trip to the local water park seems extreme in itself.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You can take out insurance for a whole range of Extreme Sports including bungee jumping and paragliding etc etc. To take out insurance for a trip to the local water park seems extreme in itself.

I wasn't saying that they needed insurance for a water park. That would be crazy! The article said that the family had to health insurance. So I'm wondering at the priorities of that family that they would have the $$ to go to water parks instead of taking care of the health and safety of their children.

Sassagoula-Rvr

"The guys said, 'This doesn't happen a lot. It might be the water pressure was too high so we'll lower the water pressure and shut down the ride,'" Tempesst said.

In my opinion this worker screwed up, he never should have come out and accepted responsibility for this. As it most likely was not a malfunction that caused this. The lady heard those words and made the connection and decided it was Disney's fault.

This summer I took a large group to Disney and riding Kali River Rapids one of the smaller kids walked up to the "you have to be this tall to ride thing." And he evidently hit it just right and started gushing blood. The CM called the park medic and they came and fixed him up. Moments after the medic arrived so did a PR person for Disney. She checked to make sure we were fine and then when we came to the station she was standing there and the guy went to get us off and she told him we would be riding again. We could have gone after more, as the bar thing did have a sharp edge, but they went above and beyond.

Sad really that people feel the need to whine about injuries.

During our 6 trips to Florida we admittedly have never had accidents in the parks but we've had times where at least one of us has been ill or injured somehow.

One time I had a small verruca issue while on holiday and was taking some acidic thing to kill it off. Unfortunately I had a bad reaction with the stuff and the verruca became a huge swelling. I had to have a wheelchair for the rest of the trip but the CMs were really nice and helpful. Even though I was only temporailly wheelchair bound and it wasnt their fault or anything.

We did have an accident at Euro Disney on the rope bridge with some adults being and jumping on the bridge, which caused my brother to fall and cut his leg pretty bad. We didnt get as nice a treatment as we might of had at WDW but they did patch up his leg with no real hassle so it all worked out. We did grumble a little about the Euro CMs attitudes but we certainly didnt sue them.

True Knowledge

I think it's a bit unfair to make health insurance a prerequisite for having family fun, I mean, come on if I didn't have it, I'd "splurge" so my kids could have fun every once and a while. Not like she was injured at there stay at the yacht and beach clubs whirlpool thingy.

yankspy

I was also told to sue once for something minor that happened to me that really was not disney's fault. I was on my honeymoon at the GF and I had been bitten by fire ants by the pool. The next day my foot swelled up like a baloon. We asked at the front desk if there was a doctor on site and she told us to go to our the room and wait. Within ten minutes I had two paramedics, two security men and a manager in our room. It was sort of embarassing to have all that attention for just a swollen but painful foot. They offered to take me by ambulance for free to the medical center over in celebration. I declined and said that we could drive there ourself. I was in a wheelchair for the next two days until the medication brought the swelling down. It never occured to me that this was in any way their fault. It is not like they are going to be able to eradicate all bugs from the whole property. To this day there are many people who tell me that I should have sued.:shrug:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Last time I was at Universal (10 years ago) I got sick because of the food. While we weren't planning on suing, they still took every precaution to make sure we didn't. We got free passes to use for the next time we went. We still haven't used them, and, like I said, that was about 10 years ago!

kiawahman

Account Suspended
the girl probably was fine the whole time. who knows she might have planted her feet on the side of the tube and got out of control. i've seen kids do that every time i've been to a water park.

Jellyfish

If i were Disney i'd tell here where to stick it :lol:

If it was just cuts and bruises then thats just stupid.

If she'd broken something then i'd see where they were coming from.

uklad79

I was also told to sue once for something minor that happened to me that really was not disney's fault. I was on my honeymoon at the GF and I had been bitten by fire ants by the pool. The next day my foot swelled up like a baloon. We asked at the front desk if there was a doctor on site and she told us to go to our the room and wait. Within ten minutes I had two paramedics, two security men and a manager in our room. It was sort of embarassing to have all that attention for just a swollen but painful foot. They offered to take me by ambulance for free to the medical center over in celebration. I declined and said that we could drive there ourself. I was in a wheelchair for the next two days until the medication brought the swelling down. It never occured to me that this was in any way their fault. It is not like they are going to be able to eradicate all bugs from the whole property. To this day there are many people who tell me that I should have sued.:shrug:

People think you can sue Disney for that? Maybe Mother Nature but I don't think she would show in court. All suing Disney for stupid things does is make them change things for the worse to take the fun out of things.
It's a shame Americans live in blame culture where they can't accept the blame lies with them or that it's just a freak accident where no one is at fault but most of the time Disney will go out of the way to make sure people are looked after.

fireworkz

As others said, they can afford Disney, but not health insurance? And now they sue? Sounds like someone in the family had the idea, we don't need health insurance cause we don't get sick often and any injuries we can sue for!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think it's a bit unfair to make health insurance a prerequisite for having family fun, I mean, come on if I didn't have it, I'd "splurge" so my kids could have fun every once and a while. Not like she was injured at there stay at the yacht and beach clubs whirlpool thingy.

How irresponsible. Your logic makes no sense. If you didn't have insurance you would splurge on a trip? How about splurging on the health and safety of your family?

Most people pitch in something from their paycheck on insurance, so in reality you would be bringing home more if you had no insurance, so what splurge are you talking about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom