"Living with the Land" song removed?

WDWFanatic

From what i can remember it was always harmonica music playing in the barn with the screens. At the end of the ride they had listen to the land playing and you were just floating thru a bunch of overgrown fake plants and lit up cornicopias (sp?)

General Grizz

WDWFanatic said:
From what i can remember it was always harmonica music playing in the barn with the screens. At the end of the ride they had listen to the land playing and you were just floating thru a bunch of overgrown fake plants and lit up cornicopias (sp?)
The giant fake plants was part of the original introduction, Symphony of the Seed. That one featured the Listen to the Land theme, recorded in a variety of versions. The current rainstorm scene replaced it. :)

DigitalDisney

The original version of the ride had several different versions of the song:
Intro - Base version of the song with synths instead of guitars
Barn sequence - Harmoica / Bluegreass version of the song
Lab sequence - The version we all know and love

The new version of the ride has a new instrumental medley:
Queue - Woodwind / Native American / Tribal-style
Barn - Easy going guitar music (I don't think it's based on the main theme at all)
Final scene - Same as queue

I don't believe that the boat has ever stopped during the ride, except to wait to unload. As far as I can remember, the boats have always just flowed through all of the ride's sequences.

This thread is bringing back a lot of great memories :)

ZHoyt

I love the song, listen to it all the time, but man those lyrics are bad. I don't think the songwriter cared what he said as long as it rhymed and had to do with nature.

General Grizz

I prefer the original UoE songs, but Listen to the Land brings back plenty of memories:

Just make believe you’re a tiny little seed,
a tiny little seed that’s reaching up to meet your need.
With the right amount of faith and the right amount of earth
you’ll grow to see the sunshine on your day of birth.
To Chorus:
Let’s listen to the land we all love.
Nature’s plan will shine above.
Listen to the land, listen to the land.

When springtime comes how can you tell?
The air is always filled with orange blossom smell.
Come summertime the warmest sunshine
and the world is full of flowers and good melon rinds.
To Chorus:

When autumn falls it’s a harvest show,
with northwinds blowin’ all the seeds that it must sow.
Come wintertime the rain must fall ‘til once again
the new year and the springtime call.
To Chorus:

The seasons come and the seasons go.
Nature knows ev’rything that it must know.
The earth and man can be good friends.
Let’s listen so our harvest time will never end.
To Chorus:

Just make believe you’re a tiny little seed,
a tiny little seed that’s reaching up to meet your need.

dxwwf3

My gosh why did the great Epcot songs get taken out? I've said it before and I'll say it again. Epcot is getting closer to MGM as being my favorite current park, but to me there is no better park in the world than a late 80's Epcot. And the music and atmosphere had alot to do with that. I just wish I was older during this period so I could have enjoyed it more. It's hard to appreciate a place like the original Epcot when you are about 10 years old. I'm definately glad I am now getting to enjoy the current Epcot, but I still miss the old one alot.

DarkMeasures

dxwwf3 said:
My gosh why did the great Epcot songs get taken out? I've said it before and I'll say it again. Epcot is getting closer to MGM as being my favorite current park, but to me there is no better park in the world than a late 80's Epcot. And the music and atmosphere had alot to do with that. I just wish I was older during this period so I could have enjoyed it more. It's hard to appreciate a place like the original Epcot when you are about 10 years old. I'm definately glad I am now getting to enjoy the current Epcot, but I still miss the old one alot.

Well Epcot managment has seemed to notice this. Soarin' will probably end up with a theme song.

So, Living with the Land used to not have a rainstorm sequence? How sad, I really like that scene. Anyway, Living with the Land is such a great ride because the exhibits inside the greenhouses seem to change every few years. This and the living seas are the only original pavilians that are still not out of date.

RnRJoe6114

all i know is that the CM should be fired because i read somewhere that a CM can not not answer a question unless it is a stupid question like when is the 3:00 o'clock parade is

Jerm

Living with the Land has been the same since 1994. I never made it on while it was Listen to the Land but it has not changed at all other then a few plants changing. I was on it just last weekend and I don't recall anything other then a small musiac version at the end. I miss the old music from E.P.C.O.T. Center I never made it on any of the attractions but I grew up with the old tape.

One grip I have is I have been on it when we had tour guides that woudl tell us everything. But the last few times I have been on it was only the basic stuff:-(

J

Woody13

texanspivey said:
I hope the songs gone, it's horrible just like the lame Land pavillion. Ugh..... :hurl: :hurl:
They just need to update the attraction a bit. Take out the bison and prairie dog sequence and replace it with something more American.....like singing bears! More animatronics!:cool:

The bears could sing about the land and at the same time, invite guests to experience the best new Epcot attraction, Soarin'.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Jerm said:
I never made it on while it was Listen to the Land but it has not changed at all other then a few plants changing. J

Nah - the entire area loop recording used to be based on Listen to the Land (the song). Plus this song featured on the ride several times. Also, pre 1994, instead of the storm sequence at the beginning there was `Symphony of the Seed` - a very surreal display of overgrown seeds, plants, and flowers all illuminated from within and outside by moving lights. A similar display was featured just before unloading.

Kwit35

Woody13 said:
They just need to update the attraction a bit. Take out the bison and prairie dog sequence and replace it with something more American.....like singing bears! More animatronics!:cool:

The bears could sing about the land and at the same time, invite guests to experience the best new Epcot attraction, Soarin'.
NOOOOOOOO! Those bison, thunderstorm, house...are what make the ride so relaxing and fun. If you want singing bears, go to CBJ! (which I also love, BTW)

WDWhumanmap

okay i bet everyone who has read this post read this more than once but the song was to the original and best version the ride listen to the land and it was sung at the beginging and the end of the ride. i wish they would bring it back though whats the big problem all you really have to do is change the lyrics to living with the land and your all set.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom