Living With The Land January 2010 Refurb

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I know for a while there was talk of LWTL going down again soon for a more noticeable refurb. Well ladies and gentlemen, I can now confirm this is true as well as shed some light on what is to be done.This information was told to me by a manager who operates the greenhouses on the attraction.

First of all, new boats are coming. They were suppose to come with the last refurb, but they didn't fit in the canals, so new ones are being built and they should be here in January. the new boats will be shaped a little differently than the current fleet.

Second, a new narration is coming! Apparently the managers have some say in what goes into it this time, which is interesting.

Third, there will apparently be a new tropical greenhouse environment added.

Last, he mentioned how the video segments and ending might be changed if the right strings are pulled. At least the video segments in the barn should be, but possibly the ending as well.

So there ya go, some interesting new info on another refurb of Living With the Land. Feel free to discuss!

jt04

Sounds like the same stuff we heard for the last refurb. Lets hope it happens this time! :lol:

The ride is still strong including the narration but quality upgrades are always welcome. The final scene just before unload is the most outdated and in need of an "Epcot" tech upgrade. Anything would be an improvement. Hopefully they don't add any doom and gloom, sky is falling, woe is us, to the narration. Epcot is supposed to be about optimism.

By the way, that last closing was not a "refurb". It was a "prefurb". :lookaroun

*runs away*

captainkidd

Great. It was closed last summer when I was there, now will be closed for January as well when I'm there.

I'm sure just like last time, no one at Disney will have any clue that it's closing until about 30 minutes after it's closed.

Exprcoofto

The ride is still strong including the narration but quality upgrades are always welcome. The final scene just before unload is the most outdated and in need of an "Epcot" tech upgrade. Anything would be an improvement. Hopefully they don't add any doom and gloom, sky is falling, woe is us, to the narration. Epcot is supposed to be about optimism.

By the way, that last closing was not a "refurb". It was a "prefurb". :lookaroun

*runs away*

Not sure why you quoted me since your reply had nothing to do with my post. I never said anything about the quality or anything really about the upgrade, I simply said that this is the same stuff we heard before the last refurb. I'm hoping this actually happens now.

If you're gonna quote people, reply to them. :wave:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The new boats and new narration? Meh, IMO. But I am curious/interested to see where and how they will install a new "tropical" area........

jt04

Not sure why you quoted me since your reply had nothing to do with my post. I never said anything about the quality or anything really about the upgrade, I simply said that this is the same stuff we heard before the last refurb. I'm hoping this actually happens now.

If you're gonna quote people, reply to them. :wave:

Sorry. I actually thought of that after posting. My post was mainly a response to the OP but you did open the door for me to use the word "prefurb". I just could not help myself.

EPCOT Explorer

Hmm! Very interesting ESPECIALLY on the script.

Glad I'm getting to see this version one last time in a week. :eek: One of my faves.

And I hardly think a prefurb is when they close something to install new boats that end up not fitting. Maintenance was nice, though.:)

Captain Hank

The new boats and new narration? Meh, IMO. But I am curious/interested to see where and how they will install a new "tropical" area........
There are plans for a small, new environment within the Tropics greenhouse. I'm not sure how much I can say. It'll be a nice addition if it comes to fruition, but don't expect anything spectacular.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There are plans for a small, new environment within the Tropics greenhouse. I'm not sure how much I can say. It'll be a nice addition if it comes to fruition, but don't expect anything spectacular.

I neither expect to be excited or disappointed by the changes. LWtL is just that kind of ride. Which is more than fine with me. :)

Exprcoofto

Sorry. I actually thought of that after posting. My post was mainly a response to the OP but you did open the door for me to use the word "prefurb". I just could not help myself.

It's okay, after re-reading it, it looked like your post was in response to the OP.

As for this tropical scene, where are we exactly looking? The greenhouse w/ the bananas?

EPCOTPluto

Yeah, they can't pull a TTA and make the script more bland...it already is! :lol:

In a good way, of course.
When they say a new narration, it could also mean a new narrator in some ways.

If that were the case, I could see just a new mention of the "tropical greenhouse environment".

[/And maybe a Female narrator. :eek:]

EPCOT Explorer

When they say a new narration, it could also mean a new narrator in some ways.

If that were the case, I could see just a new mention of the "tropical greenhouse environment".

[/And maybe a Female narrator. :eek:]

Heck, that sounds great.

I BET that they have "Airy TTA Narrator Guy" do it.:lookaroun:lol:

Horizonsfan

New Female narration would be very welcomed. The previous narrator was so soothing and intriguing. It would be great if they could bring her back for the new script, should they actually make one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom