Living With the Land Boats

jmc28

Original Poster
Hi...does anyone have any idea where the onboard power for audio on the boats come from?
Are they battery charged? Or does the boat have an electrical source as they travel the ride path?

Thanks!

Goofyernmost

Not positive but it seems pretty likely that they are charged overnight. Water and electricity notoriously do not get along very well and knowing the impressively high IQ's of most Guests, there would be at least one electrocution per day. Can't even imagine any system that would be directly connected to the boats themselves.

jmc28

Original Poster
Not positive but it seems pretty likely that they are charged overnight. Water and electricity notoriously do not get along very well and knowing the impressively high IQ's of most Guests, there would be at least one electrocution per day. Can't even imagine any system that would be directly connected to the boats themselves.
Thanks what you're saying makes sense

Heppenheimer

Given that some people will drink the water on Disney boat rides on a dare, I can only imagine what would happen if they learned there was possibly an electric current they could touch.

Goofyernmost

Given that some people will drink the water on Disney boat rides on a dare, I can only imagine what would happen if they learned there was possibly an electric current they could touch.
I should add that it might be possible that the power could come from the top, but I don't remember ever seeing anything that even slightly resembled power supply connections.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Another Disney cost cutting --increase the bottom line sock holders happy-- to heck with paying customers
6E1DC539-24B5-4903-85B7-0F6524A25C1C.jpeg

😉

Poseidon Quest

Another Disney cost cutting --increase the bottom line stock holders happy-- to heck with paying customers

Is it really that big of a loss? I prefer it with an automatic narration. It's calmer and Cast Members were never trained on how to use inflection correctly. Every time I see a video of the attraction with an in-person narrator, they're nasally and seem bored.

Goofyernmost

I'd tell 'em "you're getting paid to entertain me! Don't wanna be here? I bet someone out there would love to have your job."

Okay so I wouldn't actually say that to a CM but I'd be thinking it though.;)
In their defense after about the 1000's time circling around there and having people ask it that was a real tomato or has anyone ever jumped out of a boat to grab a cucumber, the pizzazz would probable have left their voices. Looking at produce is pretty boring no matter how much one gets paid. I have to say though that I rode it many times with a CM doing the talking and I never really noticed anything more then just conversational script reading and feedback. There is nothing in there to get excited about really. If you've seen one eggplant you have seen them all and nothing that might produce a spontaneous wave action from the guests.

kpilcher

I'm a huge fan of live-spieling where it adds something, Kilimanjaro Safaris is the best example, Jungle Cruise the longest-running, and I'll pour one out for Great Movie Ride.

But Living With the Land is a much better experience with the recorded narration. I didn't think it would be when I first heard the idea, but it is. The audio is much clearer. The narration is focused and never sounds bored.

I only wish they would give it seasonal updates because there are plenty of regular changes aside from the very fixed produce mentioned in the spiel.

I'd also like to see a little more life in the aquaculture tunnel (bring back the baby gators!) and I'd like the poor animatronics and animated props to get some love (butterflies, bugs, prairie dogs, the barking dog who only moves his mouth anymore) but that's a different debate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom