Living sea's elevators

SpenceMan01

Check out the exit hydrolaters. There are emergency exit doors to the sides of the Hydrolators and if you look to the side when you exit the Hydrolators, there are *gasp* doors!! Just more proof that you don't go anywhere.

Also, do you know why there aren't windows with bubbles on the exit Hydrolators? They can't make bubbles float down, and floating up would ruin the effect of the Hydrolator returning to the surface.

Tom

Beta Return
LSUxStitch said:
LOVE ME!!!! :)

Not that I don't believe you, but can you find an old article or link on this? Seems like something I would have read on snopes :)

The ride building and the floor and concrete outside are all at the same elevation. If you ever take the Backstage Magic, or probably other tours, you may get the opportunity to enter the Living Seas through a side door. You go through a "Cast Members Only" fence, and in a set of double doors into a blue hallway. Once the outside doors are closed, you go into the attraction, bypassing the hydrolators. No change in elevation, at all.

And they might be elevator cabs, but they're not elevators by definition. Elevators carry people or items between floors. These cabs do no such thing, and simply look like elevators and shake a little bit, with special effects above and aside them.

I agree that it would be a neat effect to pressurize them slightly during the "descent" - but I'm sure they would risk harming someone with that feature.

tommy-m

When I was last in the living Sea's I saw a CM exit by the emergency doors next to the hydrolators - it opened onto the same level as the ground outside - kind of spoiled the illusion a bit! T.

Disney_Belle

several years ago i went to wdw with my aunt uncle and cousins. the hydrolator was packed and for my aunt and i who are chlaustrophobic it wasnt a great idea so a castmember took us through the back and we walk back about a 15 foot hall that brought us to the other side of the hydrolators
needless to say the floor stayed at the same level from one end to the other. it surprised me a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom