Trip Report Livin' La Vida Local

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

For those of you that have been following my adventures for awhile now, welcome back! šŸ˜Š For those of you that are just joining my adventures, I'll do some quick introductions before we jump on in!

I'm Brittany and this is my prince, Dylan. ā¤ļø We are from Pennsylvania and got engaged at MK a little over a year ago. We took a page from Walt's book shortly thereafter and chased our dreams, leading us to central Florida. I teach 1st grade and Dylan works at the Magnolia/Palm (Disney) golf courses located across from the Poly and Grand Floridian. After living in FL for a full year now, we are 100% certain that we won't be moving back to PA. We are Floridians through and through and can't imagine living our crazy life together anywhere else. ā˜ŗļø
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_65bb.jpg

You'll see lots of faces in my report (including some of yours!), but this is the one you'll see most often. šŸ˜‰ This is my very best Disney friend, Brooke (@wishes2013)! We met through this site and were brought together when we realized that we would both be teaching 1st grade at the same school. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you can either find us at school or Disney... we're together more often than we're not. šŸ˜‹
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61ce.jpg

You can find the ongoing trip report that chronicles our first year living in FL and being passholders here. šŸ˜Š This report will serve as more of a "highlight reel," rather than detailing every moment of every trip we take to the parks. But fear not, there will still be lots of report to read! If you're looking for your Disney fix or a way to chase those Disney blues away, you can most certainly find it here. šŸ¤—

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Last edited:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
In Osceola County, we donā€™t get Presidentā€™s Day off. But we do get Rodeo Day off so yeehaw Disney here we come! šŸ˜‹

I met Brooke on Main Street and we stopped because we heard the trolley music start. As we were standing there, a random photographer came running up to us and started snapping pictures. We, of course, played along. šŸ˜‹ He looked at me and said ā€œyouā€™re a CM, right?ā€ I was like not yet but someday! Lol. If there was ever any question if Iā€™m meant to work at Disney, this confirmed it. šŸ˜‰
View attachment 350363

View attachment 350356

We actually turned around and left MK after we finished watching... we had an ADR to make!
View attachment 350357

View attachment 350360

We picked up a Beaches and Cream reservation on Sunday and were some of the first people in the restaurant. Our server was super sweet and was very entertaining. Sheā€™ll pop up later. šŸ˜

Anyway, we both went with the the chicken bacon ranch sandwich (or something like that). It was delicious!
View attachment 350358

You canā€™t go to Beaches and Cream and not have dessert. šŸ˜›
View attachment 350359

We went with the Frozen Sunshine... it was AMAZING.
View attachment 350361

We settled our bill and headed back to the bus stop. We stopped for a picture outside, and hereā€™s where our waitress pops up again. Can you spot her? šŸ˜‚
View attachment 350362

We loved Beaches and Cream! The food was great and I didnā€™t find it to be terribly priced by Disney standards. I would definitely go back. šŸ˜Š

I LOVE Geyser Point!!! It's one of my favorite places on property!! It's so nice to hang out there by the lake and listen to the MK Steam train MPB whistle. Food there is pretty good as well.

I was able to get a ADR for Beaches and Cream next week! It will be a first for us. Can't wait!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, February 16

My best friend and her mom were in town for the weekend, making for two jam packed Disney days! Her mom hadn't been to WDW in YEARS (I think sometime in the 90's), so it was a lot like going with a first timer! I picked them up at the airport and we made straight for MK!

We quickly used our FP for Space Mountain before heading for our lunch ADR. šŸ˜‹

I had my usual... the roast beef sandwich and french onion soup. It was amazing as always, but I couldn't forgo taking a picture of the real star of the show. šŸ˜

We had another great meal at BOG! Being in the ballroom made me even more excited than I already was for our wedding... I can't wait to bring it to life! šŸ„°

Since it was President's Day weekend, we had to go visit the presidents.

We had a FP for the wildest ride in the wilderness!

We decided to wait standby for Pirates, but Festival of Fantasy had other plans for us. We decided to just stop and watch rather than trying to walk all the way around the parade route. The queen has returned in all her glory! We also had the pleasure of watching this man FREAK OUT every time a character went by... yelling and waving at them. :hilarious: And I thought I got excited over characters!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, February 16 cont.

Next up was a FP for Jungle Cruise.. this sign made me giggle. :joyfull:

I hope they keep their trunks on! šŸ˜‰

Now that our lunch had settled, we were in the mood for something sweet. The Plaza was calling! I had the All American Sundae and it was incredible as always.

We sat at a table and enjoyed our treats with a nice view of the castle. ā˜ŗ

We went to walk off our ice cream calories in the Swiss Family Tree House. If nothing else, it definitely offers some great views. šŸ˜

We snagged an additional FP for Dumbo so headed toward Storybook Circus.

I can't remember what else we did throughout the evening because I stopped taking pictures, but we eventually found a spot at the end of Main Street for HEA.

Our original plan was to head out after fireworks, but Dana's mom said that she felt that she needed to really get the most out of her vacation, and we certainly weren't going to argue. :joyfull: We headed back into the park and rode PeopleMover and Carousel of Progress. We got stuck in one of the scenes so ended up watching it twice.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, February 17

We rope dropped FoP and though the line was daunting, it moved constantly. We were on and off in 45 minutes! šŸ’ƒšŸ»

We browsed the shop and played with these little guys for a few minutes.

As we left Pandora, I noticed this out of place fence. Not sure what theyā€™re blocking off. šŸ¤”

We came across Kevin a few times throughout the day! Sheā€™s SO cool and fun to watch! She doesnā€™t stay in one place for too long though, so getting a picture with her is difficult. šŸ‘ŽšŸ¼

We ventured under the tree for Itā€™s Tough to be a Bug.

It was a gorgeous day!

Next up was Festival of the Lion King! šŸ˜

Some lunch from Flame Tree - pulled pork mac and cheese

We had some time before our next FP so we decided to check out Up. It was... less than stellar. Pretty meh if you ask me.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, February 17 cont.

It was time for our safari FP, which turned out to be kind of a let down. Our driver wasnā€™t great and there werenā€™t a ton of animals out.

Stella was out, though! šŸ˜

Sleepy lions šŸ¦

We grabbed a cool treat to enjoy before our Dinosaur FP. After that, we had to leave to head to the airport. A short trip, but great all the same! šŸ˜Š

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, February 23

I snagged an Aliens FP, so @wishes2013, Dylan, and I were off to HS! We had some time before our window opened, so we looked around the new Incredibles area. I am OBSESSED. šŸ˜

There are hidden Jack Jacks all over the place.

This one is in Ednaā€™s meet and greet queue. šŸ˜‚

I love this. šŸ˜‚

We went and used used our FP, then grabbed some ice cream to enjoy while waiting for Fantasmic.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, February 24

@wishes2013 and I have an obsessed that is strange to most... fonts. In the world of primary teachers, cutesy fonts are imperative. We get judged at school for our obsession all the time. šŸ˜‚

When a Disney fonts class was announced as part of Festival of the Arts, we couldnā€™t resist.

This Imagineer taught us a lot about fonts and signage in the parks.. it was really interesting! At the end of his presentation, we played a game in which he put one letter from various signs in the parks up on the screen. The first person to identify the attraction/area won a prize. Iā€™m proud to announce that I won myself a Disney Imagineering pin. šŸ˜ I forgot to take a picture but will try to remember to add it later!

Some books at one of the booths that I added to my ā€œwantā€ list. šŸ˜‰

They updated the bathroom area in the Festival Center. It looks way better!

Next, we went to paint the Figment mural!

Before heading out, we stopped for a snack. I got the Deconstructed Strawberry Cheesecake (incredible) and some sort of slushy from the same booth (okay).

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, March 2

Since meeting and getting to know Guy Behind the Magic, weā€™ve also gotten to know his fiancĆ©. We had plans to meet up with her at HS to spend the day, and it quickly turned into seeing 4/5 Equity Ben shows. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Enjoy the many faces of Ben.

Guy Behind the Magic (Brett) and Jenn are friends with Ben, and we were THIS CLOSE to meeting him after the last show, but he had to rush home so said he wasnā€™t able to stay today. šŸ‘ŽšŸ¼ Next time!

We got lunch at Backlot Express in between two of the shows. That brownie was SO good!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, March 2 cont.

Brett visited us periodically throughout the day.. this is now one off my all time favorite pictures. šŸ˜ All weā€™re missing is Ben!

After Brett got off work, he joined us for some Studios fun! We met Edna and shared a cookie num num, which I canā€™t recommend enough. šŸ¤¤

76F13454-0833-477C-B591-4382931D77FF.jpeg

Theyā€™re the best and we had so much fun with them! We headed out and came across a lonely Baloo, so stopped to say hello!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
This Imagineer taught us a lot about fonts and signage in the parks.. it was really interesting! At the end of his presentation, we played a game in which he put one letter from various signs in the parks up on the screen. The first person to identify the attraction/area won a prize. Iā€™m proud to announce that I won myself a Disney Imagineering pin. šŸ˜ I forgot to take a picture but will try to remember to add it later!

What sign was the one you identified from?

blreinsel

Original Poster
I LOVE Geyser Point!!! It's one of my favorite places on property!! It's so nice to hang out there by the lake and listen to the MK Steam train MPB whistle. Food there is pretty good as well.

I was able to get a ADR for Beaches and Cream next week! It will be a first for us. Can't wait!!

We really enjoyed GP! Iā€™m sure weā€™ll be back. šŸ˜Š I hope you had a great meal at Beaches and Cream!

Finally all caught up and can follow along properly now.
So unbelieveably jealous that this is your life - living in Australia means we are few and far between with our WDW trips :arghh:

Itā€™s definitely amazing to have unlimited access to the parks, however I do miss the pre-feelings that lead up to a trip! The other advantage that non-locals have is the fact that when youā€™re here, youā€™re on vacation and can relax 100%. When Iā€™m here, I still have work tomorrow, laundry to do, groceries to buy, etc. šŸ˜Š

What sign was the one you identified from?
Hall of Presidents. I knew most of the others too, just didnā€™t get my hand up fast enough. šŸ˜‰

blreinsel

Original Poster
Ok 1. THAT PIN! I love it. 2. The Incredibles stuff at Hollywood Studios looks so great, and I can't wait to see it. I neeeeed to try that cookie.

I. KNOW. šŸ˜ Itā€™s so special!

The Incredibles stuff is... incredible. šŸ˜‹ Iā€™m so happy itā€™s represented. I have such a love for them, especially after the second movie! The cookie is PERFECT. I had another one last week and it was just as good as the first. šŸ˜¬

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, March 9

Flower and Garden is my favorite festival... Iā€™ve been counting down the days to this year since it ended last year. I was SO happy walking around WS, enjoying the festival in all its glory. šŸ˜
464FBA5E-EA4B-4999-87A0-942FDBC9CBFC.jpeg

The BEST part of F&G... Violet Lemonade šŸ˜
DC8FDCB5-CCDD-4EF1-B3BF-E4F35D6DB849.jpeg

I almost stopped and got the Orange Bird sipper, since itā€™s right across from the Pineapple Promenade booth, but I decided to wait to get it when Brooke and I went together the following week. Iā€™m totally regretting that decision now because heā€™s sold out. šŸ˜­ Surely theyā€™ll restock, but who knows how long that will take.

Anyway, we stopped in Canada for the Beef Tenderloin Tips. They were okay.. not something I need to repeat.
992453DE-EDE5-45AA-B51D-EFB74C3294AD.jpeg

We continued around WS to find my favorite topiary. šŸ’™šŸ’›
142F5B61-44EF-4F6F-ABD4-5683A196B86C.jpeg

Dopey was pretty cute, too!
AD789B53-AAF8-451D-B0B4-A5F40EF40D8B.jpeg

Our next stop was Germany for another of my favorites from last year... Pretzel Bread. It was good, but would have been better if it was warm.
F11B5878-3A09-4CF9-AB84-4401049DF6C9.jpeg

Our last stop for the night was the Honey Bee-stro. I had the Honey Peach Cobbler Freeze. I tried this on the last day of the festival last year and was so sad that I didnā€™t try it sooner because I loved it! I was happy that they brought it back this year.
E8CED400-0134-4459-9AA7-48E93F5C77B6.jpeg

We had stopped for some pictures earlier.. this is one of my all time favorites. ā˜ŗļø
A4AAFC63-F553-4EA9-B73D-82F0F5BAACC7.jpeg

We had FP for Soarin and Spaceship Earth to finish off the night.
14ED2B52-3C80-48E7-A1BB-3E3E4E1D9BA5.jpeg

DFEB4AD4-E014-4528-9395-B75BC1F22F65.jpeg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Tuesday, March 12

It was @wishes2013 birthday, and where else would we spend it? Unfortunately we had to make it through work first, but we busted out of there as fast as we could and headed to MK!

We only stayed for a few hours, but that was long enough to use our FPs and get a birthday treat! šŸ˜‹
DD7A1B4F-EAD3-4F7D-AB03-A5E5F8653B45.jpeg

We finally got our hands on the Hei Hei cone! It was good, but the raspberry flavor wasnā€™t very strong. Itā€™s basically a Dole Whip cone, which is still great. šŸ˜‰ He was almost too cute to eat!
273A0594-4A5D-43A7-806C-DF30DBA02E4E.jpeg

The park was BUSY, so we didnā€™t stick around long!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom