Trip Report Livin' La Vida Local

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

For those of you that have been following my adventures for awhile now, welcome back! šŸ˜Š For those of you that are just joining my adventures, I'll do some quick introductions before we jump on in!

I'm Brittany and this is my prince, Dylan. ā¤ļø We are from Pennsylvania and got engaged at MK a little over a year ago. We took a page from Walt's book shortly thereafter and chased our dreams, leading us to central Florida. I teach 1st grade and Dylan works at the Magnolia/Palm (Disney) golf courses located across from the Poly and Grand Floridian. After living in FL for a full year now, we are 100% certain that we won't be moving back to PA. We are Floridians through and through and can't imagine living our crazy life together anywhere else. ā˜ŗļø
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_65bb.jpg

You'll see lots of faces in my report (including some of yours!), but this is the one you'll see most often. šŸ˜‰ This is my very best Disney friend, Brooke (@wishes2013)! We met through this site and were brought together when we realized that we would both be teaching 1st grade at the same school. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you can either find us at school or Disney... we're together more often than we're not. šŸ˜‹
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61ce.jpg

You can find the ongoing trip report that chronicles our first year living in FL and being passholders here. šŸ˜Š This report will serve as more of a "highlight reel," rather than detailing every moment of every trip we take to the parks. But fear not, there will still be lots of report to read! If you're looking for your Disney fix or a way to chase those Disney blues away, you can most certainly find it here. šŸ¤—

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, March 14

Brookeā€™s friend thatā€™s a friend of Chip was performing today, so we left school and headed straight to HS to catch the last show of the day. It was wonderful, as always! šŸ„°
BF01F3B2-2755-4B5E-9449-81E752B9042E.jpeg

5B212409-DCDF-4259-9CCE-743570060A35.jpeg

1EC98415-21D3-47DF-A446-980FC9940B22.jpeg

We had a FP for Mania, so we used that and then went to get me a snack. My new favorite HS snack was calling my name!
1E1E1DC0-DB22-4BA4-A83F-C63A59AEC4E6.jpeg

We hopped in line for Frozen while I snacked because no trip to HS is complete without seeing Equity Ben!
2A2AC18B-DBA1-4D14-8880-094E3DF11BAC.jpeg

E4B5BD3F-18A9-45CC-AE39-8A68080FD4B1.jpeg

ā€œChipā€ was done for the day, so we met up with her to chat for a few minutes before heading home! šŸ˜Š

Rista1313

Thursday, March 14

Brookeā€™s friend thatā€™s a friend of Chip was performing today, so we left school and headed straight to HS to catch the last show of the day. It was wonderful, as always! šŸ„°
View attachment 357620

View attachment 357621

View attachment 357622

We had a FP for Mania, so we used that and then went to get me a snack. My new favorite HS snack was calling my name!
View attachment 357623

We hopped in line for Frozen while I snacked because no trip to HS is complete without seeing Equity Ben!
View attachment 357624

View attachment 357625

ā€œChipā€ was done for the day, so we met up with her to chat for a few minutes before heading home! šŸ˜Š

I wish Ben was still doing Hoop Dee Doo... because my Hubby detests Frozen, so chances of me talking into see this are about zero =(

Longers

Thursday, March 14

View attachment 357620

View attachment 357621

View attachment 357622

View attachment 357623

View attachment 357624

View attachment 357625

I was just checking our days but our paths didnā€™t cross :(
A week trip isnā€™t that long for me to get everything done, especially with the crowds that were heavier than we expected.

We tried to see equity Ben but he wasnā€™t performing - not sure how we find his schedule? Maybe weā€™ll be lucky in Aug!

Didnā€™t see Brett this trip either. :(

Youā€™re still living that dream the rest of us can only hope for.....

Rista1313

A week trip isnā€™t that long for me to get everything done, especially with the crowds that were heavier than we expected.

We tried to see equity Ben but he wasnā€™t performing - not sure how we find his schedule? Maybe weā€™ll be lucky in Aug!

Ben doesn't give out his schedule, so I guess it's hit or miss, or you have to know someone!

Where is your trip report eh?

Longers

Ben doesn't give out his schedule, so I guess it's hit or miss, or you have to know someone!

Where is your trip report eh?

I will just keep trying then......

And I only got back to the UK Saturday afternoon - Iā€™ve made no notes so I might do something but it will be different to any previous reports Iā€™ve done if I do decide to share.......

Megbutnotmegan

I will just keep trying then......

And I only got back to the UK Saturday afternoon - Iā€™ve made no notes so I might do something but it will be different to any previous reports Iā€™ve done if I do decide to share.......
The best thing to do is follow EquityBen on instagram. He usually posts his shows for that day to the best of his ability. Thatā€™s how I managed to catch a show on my last trip.

blreinsel

Original Poster
I wish Ben was still doing Hoop Dee Doo... because my Hubby detests Frozen, so chances of me talking into see this are about zero =(

Thatā€™s why you just go by yourself! šŸ˜‰

I didnā€™t even realize you were here until I saw your post on Instagram saying that you were back ā€œhome.ā€ šŸ™ The crowds have been awful.. nothing like they were at this time last year! I was excited for slower days in the parks while Iā€™m on break but no such luck.

I know the days of the week that he generally performs but which shift he works varies. As someone else said, he posts his schedule the day of. Donā€™t ask for his advance schedule or youā€™ll get blocked. šŸ˜¬ Too bad that you didnā€™t happen across Brett this time either!

Too bad that the raspberry flavor of the Hei Hei cone didn't seem strong, because that's what drew me to add it to my snack list for June! I mean, I will still try it but...

Maybe it was just an off day or the machine needed replenished. It was still very good!

LisaBelle

Tuesday, March 12

It was @wishes2013 birthday, and where else would we spend it? Unfortunately we had to make it through work first, but we busted out of there as fast as we could and headed to MK!

We only stayed for a few hours, but that was long enough to use our FPs and get a birthday treat! šŸ˜‹
View attachment 357618

We finally got our hands on the Hei Hei cone! It was good, but the raspberry flavor wasnā€™t very strong. Itā€™s basically a Dole Whip cone, which is still great. šŸ˜‰ He was almost too cute to eat!
View attachment 357619

The park was BUSY, so we didnā€™t stick around long!
That Hei Hei cone is adorable!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, March 16

I met my friend, Caitlin, at AK for our first day of Spring Break! šŸ˜Ž Our main mission was to see the new baby giraffe, but we had a number of things on our agenda for the day!

We started with a safari FP, but were unsuccessful in seeing the new little guy. šŸ™ We had a great safari nonetheless!

We actually got stopped by the lions for about 10 minutes because an ostrich decided to take a mud bath in the middle of the road up ahead and REFUSED to get out of the way. šŸ˜‚ She was still standing nearby when we finally got through, covered in mud and looking like she had no remorse for holding everybody up. šŸ˜‹ Luckily we had a great view while we waited!

When we got off, we stopped for a picture to celebrate the baby giraffe, even though we hadn't gotten to see him.

What's a birthday without cake? This wasn't great, actually. The cupcake itself was your typical cupcake, but the giraffe picture was super gummy and tasted nasty. It literally would not disintegrate in our mouths. šŸ˜‚ And then the little leaf? Tasted like straight Play Dough, with a similar texture as the giraffe picture. GROSS. The best part was the blue candy balls that were on the inside of the apparent gender reveal cupcake. :joyfull:

Anyway, we decided to document the occasion even though it didn't taste great.

Our next FP was for Lion King so we headed for Harambe Theater. Surprisingly, I didn't take any pictures, but the Timon that we had was the BEST. He was super high energy and animated. At one point during the reprise medley at the end of the show, he was rolling around on the ground just waving his arms to the music. šŸ˜‚ We were cracking up!

We were ready for some real food, so made our way over to Pandora. After my disappointing bowl meal last time, I decided to change it up and finally try the cheeseburger pods. Wasn't there an adult pod meal at one point? Because they only have a kids meal version now. It ended up being the perfect amount of food, but I could have sworn that this used to be a regular menu item. Either way, the pod was really good!

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, March 16

On our way back across the park, we saw Kevin making her way toward us so decided to stop and watch. She stopped near us and there happened to be PhotoPass photographer right there. She asked Kevin if she was looking for somebody to photobomb, and we immediately were like US! PHOTOBOMB US! The photographer was like okay great, come on over! We couldn't believe it. šŸ˜‚

Kevin interacted with us for AWHILE. We were running out of things to say lol. But we were cracking up.. it's crazy how a character who doesn't speak and really doesn't even have arms can be this amusing. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

We told Kevin that we were actually off to get a slushy in her honor, and then we said our goodbyes. Soon we were sipping on a Himalayan Explorer (strawberry and mango margarita with blue Curacao)! It wasn't my favorite, but it was definitely good! I'm just not a huge margarita gal. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Our last FP was for Dinosaur, so we rode that before heading to see some more important dinos.... šŸ¦–šŸ¦•

SO. MANY. HUGS.

We told them that we think it's so unfair how underrepresented they are in the parks, and Chip agreed that they are indeed the best boys. šŸ˜‰

We also commented on how the people before us asked them which chipmunk was which and we said those are what we call "fake fans." We informed them that we know the three ways to tell Chip from Dale, and they were OVERJOYED when we proceeded to list them. :joyfull:

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, March 16

We told them that they are DEFINITELY our dinos, which led to them trying to talk their character attendant into allowing us to just stay with them for the rest of the day. šŸ„°

One last picture before we finally had to tell them goodbye.

THE VERY BEST BOYS. I love them so much.

While we were in the neighborhood, we stopped to see Daisy since she had a short line.

We had a dance off, and decided that she was the winner because obviously Daisy is fabulous 100% of the time.

We finished up our afternoon and then made our way out, stopping for one last picture for the day!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, March 17

Apparently I didn't get enough AK, because I was back the next day for more! This time a Dylan and a different friend joined me. šŸ¤— I don't have a ton of pictures, so I don't remember everything that we did throughout the evening.

We did spend a good amount of time watching Chip and Dale show off their dance moves. The people watching here was top notch. šŸ˜‚

We watched Lion King, which has recently become one of my favorite things to do in all of Disney. I love the entire show, but I am downright OBSESSED with the tumble monkeys. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜ I've found a couple of them on Instagram, and I learned that two of them actually went to Penn State, which isn't far from where I'm from!

We had a safari FP, so headed there next.

We ate dinner at Flame Tree at some point, and also made our way through a very empty Africa on our way to Pandora. šŸ˜

Wait times had dropped quite a bit, and it was a really peaceful evening! We had a Navi River FP, and had just enough time to hop in a "short" line for Flight of Passage after!

After that, the park was closed and we headed home for the night!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Monday, March 18

Since we were on spring break, I got up early and headed to MK for park opening! Transportation took a suuuuuper long time, so I didn't make it into the park until well after official opening. I was peeved, but soon I was in my happy place and all was well. šŸ„° If you haven't read the Kingdom Keepers series, you should! It's not my type of reading material whatsoever, but I am HOOKED on them!

Monday's aren't so bad with a view like this! šŸ˜

After finishing my coffee, I headed off to use my Haunted Mansion FP.

My next FP was for Pooh.

I can't remember what my last FP was for.. maybe Little Mermaid? I took a (front car!) spin on the PeopleMover before I had to head out for the day.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, March 30

When Epcot announces that Orange Bird sippers are back in stock, you go to Epcot.

The drink itself was not what I expected, though it was still good. It was more of a smoothie than a slushy like I expected it to be, but it did taste like an orange creamsicle! Somebody had told me that it tasted like medicine, but I didn't think so. Regardless of what the drink tasted like, the cup is a 10/10 and I have zero complaints. :joyfull:

We also took a Mexican boat ride and a journey through time while we were there.

sheriffwoody

The drink itself was not what I expected, though it was still good. It was more of a smoothie than a slushy like I expected it to be, but it did taste like an orange creamsicle! Somebody had told me that it tasted like medicine, but I didn't think so. Regardless of what the drink tasted like, the cup is a 10/10 and I have zero complaints
That's the perfect way to put it! More like a smoothie. They should definitely not be calling it a slushy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom