Trip Report Livin' La Vida Local

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

For those of you that have been following my adventures for awhile now, welcome back! 😊 For those of you that are just joining my adventures, I'll do some quick introductions before we jump on in!

I'm Brittany and this is my prince, Dylan. ❤️ We are from Pennsylvania and got engaged at MK a little over a year ago. We took a page from Walt's book shortly thereafter and chased our dreams, leading us to central Florida. I teach 1st grade and Dylan works at the Magnolia/Palm (Disney) golf courses located across from the Poly and Grand Floridian. After living in FL for a full year now, we are 100% certain that we won't be moving back to PA. We are Floridians through and through and can't imagine living our crazy life together anywhere else. ☺️
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_65bb.jpg

You'll see lots of faces in my report (including some of yours!), but this is the one you'll see most often. 😉 This is my very best Disney friend, Brooke (@wishes2013)! We met through this site and were brought together when we realized that we would both be teaching 1st grade at the same school. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you can either find us at school or Disney... we're together more often than we're not. 😋
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61ce.jpg

You can find the ongoing trip report that chronicles our first year living in FL and being passholders here. 😊 This report will serve as more of a "highlight reel," rather than detailing every moment of every trip we take to the parks. But fear not, there will still be lots of report to read! If you're looking for your Disney fix or a way to chase those Disney blues away, you can most certainly find it here. 🤗

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster

Tiggertoo56

Saturday, December 8

Dylan and I were headed back to Studios, this time with a little more time to explore! We stopped for a picture with the tree before it got dark. They actually do a little tree lighting ceremony, which I didn't realize before this night. It's basically just them counting down and then turning on the lights, but it's something. 😊
View attachment 338197

We watched the projections again and FINALLY got to try the hot chocolate flight. 🤤
View attachment 338193

First of all, can we acknowledge how adorable the baby mugs are? I briefly considered washing them off in the bathroom and bringing them home, but I didn't have a bag with me. 😒 The Cherry Bourbon (far left) wasn't great. I drank most of it, but Dylan only had a sip before declaring it "nasty." A little too strong for our liking. The one with vanilla vodka (middle) was amazing, probably both of our favorites. The one with Bailey's and cinnamon (right) was really good, too. I would definitely get this flight again and it wasn't terribly priced for the size.
View attachment 338194

We had a FP for Tower of Terror, so headed over there next. I believe that we also did RnRC in the single rider line.
View attachment 338195

I wanted to see the Christmas decorations in Toy Story Land, so we decided to wander over there even though the park was now officially closed (at 8pm 🙄). I didn't realize that there was an After Hours event tonight until the CM at the entrance of TSL asked to see our wristbands. I apologized and told her we had just walked over to see the decorations, and much to my delight she told us to go ahead! 😬

Woody looks adorable in his scarf!
View attachment 338198

Could Rex be any cuter? 😍
View attachment 338196

I NEED these for my tree. I saw them a few weeks later on the tree in the Christmas Tree Trail, so I know they're out there. GIVE THEM TO ME DISNEY.
View attachment 338190

The cutest Christmas cookie you ever did see! I didn't even notice at the time, but there's a green army man holding him up from behind. 🙃
View attachment 338192

Buzz got left out of the Christmas attire, but he still looks great! 😋
View attachment 338191

We finished our loop around Toy Story Land and then headed out for the night!
Loving the continual reporting. Keeping my Disney blues away. I had the hot chocolate flight mid November on a really hot day 😀 red stag was my least favourite. The cups made it home to the UK!!
20190105_171059.jpg

Doc Disney

I NEED these for my tree. I saw them a few weeks later on the tree in the Christmas Tree Trail, so I know they're out there. GIVE THEM TO ME DISNEY.

I NEED THAT ORNAMENT! I was thinking the same thing - they made a little one for the tree trail why not just sell them :joyfull:

Guys... this is why CM's are the best. Brett ALWAYS takes time to stand and chat when we bump into him and it's just that little bit of extra magic that leaves a lasting impression on us and so many others that visit WDW.

Awww hes so nice!!!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I NEED THAT ORNAMENT! I was thinking the same thing - they made a little one for the tree trail why not just sell them :joyfull:

Awww hes so nice!!!!

They would have made a fortune off of those ornaments if they had sold them!

I know, he’s the best! He deactivated his account, though. 🙁 Not sure what’s going on! I imagine all of the “fan mail” gets annoying after awhile and he just needs a break.

Songbird76

I know, he’s the best! He deactivated his account, though. 🙁 Not sure what’s going on! I imagine all of the “fan mail” gets annoying after awhile and he just needs a break.
I read that he had changed his name from Guy behind the castle to Guy Behind the Magic when he was transferred to HS. But I don't have IG at all so I have no idea if he's still there.

sheriffwoody

He's getting married soon, right? Or maybe it's later in the year. I wonder if he took a break to get ready. I have to say, I get annoyed when people deactivate instead of just logging out for a while. Cause then we all think something terrible happened!

Doc Disney

I noticed that last night too I hope he's Ok

blreinsel

Original Poster
I read that he had changed his name from Guy behind the castle to Guy Behind the Magic when he was transferred to HS. But I don't have IG at all so I have no idea if he's still there.

Yes, he did. But his account stayed the same, just with the different name.

He's getting married soon, right? Or maybe it's later in the year. I wonder if he took a break to get ready. I have to say, I get annoyed when people deactivate instead of just logging out for a while. Cause then we all think something terrible happened!

Yep, his wedding is in July. When I talked to him right before Christmas, he said that he was taking a break from social media during the holidays to spend more time with Jen and his kids. His account was inactive for a couple of days and then he came back. So maybe he just decided to postpone his break until the new year!

I noticed that last night too I hope he's Ok

Probably just needed a break! He had posted the other day that there was an important decision that him and Jen needed to make in the next few days, so maybe this has something to do with it? I’m gonna try to get to HS next weekend so I’ll track him down and find out. 😉

blreinsel

Original Poster
January 12

I’m a little behind but here you go! 😊 I was surprised that Christmas decorations were still up this late! They were still playing christmas music, too.

Love this ride with FP, but definitely wouldn’t wait for it. 😉

Wild Strawberry Lemonade... adult edition. 😋

And some Fantasmic action! I ❤️ this show so much!

blreinsel

Original Poster
January 25

@wishes2013 and I took a loop around WS, drooling over all of the amazing Disney art. 😍 Festival of the Arts makes me want to spend so much money. We also stopped to pick up an important purple friend! 💜

These were both from France, but I don’t feel like looking up what they were called lol. They were both delicious and I would definitely eat them again!

I was still hungry so we wandered into Italy. I was overjoyed when I realized the pizza window was open! 😬

I was not overjoyed when this is what they handed me. It was... terrible. It was hard and the cheese was like cardboard. This is NOT what I had when it was open during F&W two years ago. I was really disappointed.

We ended the night with a Soarin FP before heading out!

blreinsel

Original Poster
February 1

It was character dress up day at school and @wishes2013 and I finally convinced our team to do princesses. 👸🏻😁 We obviously had to head to MK after school for some pictures in costume!

Brooke was Rapunzel so we started there.

Then we headed into my territory. 😉

When kids won’t get out of your picture.... 😂

There we go 😉

Gaston’s chair is still there for those of you that worry about its whereabouts. 😏

We had a royal FP to attend to! Tiana was really great, but we were there for Rapunzel. 😊

We went to Enchanted Tales with Belle and when the CM saw our outfits, she said we were more than welcome to go get a picture with Belle even though we weren’t in the show. DON’T MIND IF I DO.

I presented her with my book and said I thought she would enjoy the story. She said “oh my I haven’t read that one yet! Don’t tell me how it ends!” I love you Belle. 🥰

We watched HEA and then headed out for the night. We didn’t actually ride anything, but aren’t those the best Disney days? 😊

blreinsel

Original Poster
February 8

We had comp tickets that Dylan got from work that expire this week, and it worked out that my parents were in town. Off to Epcot we go! It was a beautiful evening and it wasn’t overly crowded. We were about to ride both Soarin and TT (single rider) with minimal waits, and then walked on to SE.

LOL at this grandpa photobombing me. He was cracking up when I realized. 😂

Songbird76

February 1

It was character dress up day at school and @wishes2013 and I finally convinced our team to do princesses. 👸🏻😁 We obviously had to head to MK after school for some pictures in costume!

Brooke was Rapunzel so we started there.
View attachment 348990

Then we headed into my territory. 😉
View attachment 348991

View attachment 348992

When kids won’t get out of your picture.... 😂
View attachment 348993

There we go 😉
View attachment 348994

View attachment 348995

Gaston’s chair is still there for those of you that worry about its whereabouts. 😏
View attachment 348996

We had a royal FP to attend to! Tiana was really great, but we were there for Rapunzel. 😊
View attachment 348997

We went to Enchanted Tales with Belle and when the CM saw our outfits, she said we were more than welcome to go get a picture with Belle even though we weren’t in the show. DON’T MIND IF I DO.

I presented her with my book and said I thought she would enjoy the story. She said “oh my I haven’t read that one yet! Don’t tell me how it ends!” I love you Belle. 🥰
View attachment 348998

We watched HEA and then headed out for the night. We didn’t actually ride anything, but aren’t those the best Disney days? 😊
I love love love the picture of you with the book at the fountain! That is so cute!! I feel like I need a picture like that of my DD! Do you mind if I steal your idea?

LisaBelle

Love that your team dressed up as princesses and then you got to go straight to MK for pictures! Super jealous! Your photo shoot as Belle was awesome! Love the fountain photo where you were reading the book. It was so nice of the CM to let you meet Belle and take a picture with her while you were in costume!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom