Trip Report LIVE - We're Andy's toys and we're going to play!

Hello again.
Well this trip has taken its time to come around. I'm sure you can all relate to that. The endless countdown that doesn't seem to get any smaller and all your friends going off to Disney while you're stuck at home. For those of you still there I feel your pain,

But

My turn has finally come and you get to share it with me, that is if you want to? Albeit in a virtual format.

I debated long and hard on whether to do another live report given all the time it took last year but I have decided I am going to try to give it a go again. I should be updating at the end of every day or in the mornings but everything depends on free WI fi. Fingers crossed.

For those of you who didn't read my last report (where were you?) here's a bit of background

Me Tracey
My husband Chris

image.jpeg

Disney mad, every comment in my life relates back to Disney. I've been travelling to Disney every November since 2000 (I went in Nov 1996 for the first time and then in Nov 1998 then May 1999) and then every year in November since.
Disney is a huge part of my life, I'm addicted and everyone thinks I'm mad (one of a kind, and a wee bit crazy) but I don't care - I love it and always will.
Chris isn't as mad as me (but that would be pretty impossible anyway) and pretends that he does it for me but I have those photos with the glint in his eye so who is he trying to kid?!

So here we are our 19th trip and I still get the excitement and butterflies in my stomach at the though of actually going back again. I will rack up 280 nights spent in POR during this trip and am aiming for 365 - a whole year of my life spent in Disney! That's my ambition and I think it's a pretty good one to have although Chris tells me not to admit that to anyone outside of this forum!

We've never had the same holiday even though we've been going back year after year, somehow each trip is different. I guess everyone on here can kind of relate to that too

So what's the plan?
We travel on Thursday 5th November from Gatwick at 1pm a later flight than we normally take but it was the only Virgin Atlantic flight out on this day. We are staying for 15 nights at our beloved Port Orleans Riverside - POR
We have Disney Dining plan so our meals are taken care of - we normally come home with loads to spare.
We have a 14 day Disney pass so our first day will be at Universal (as we are staying 15 nights and have to go to Magic Kingdom the day we leave)
We have BOG (be our guest for any non Disney abbreviation friends reading - Lianne at work! (not a toilet reference as some of my non Disney friends thought when I told them!) - this is a restaurant themed on Beauty and the Beast, my favourite film) booked for 2 lunches but apart from that these 15 days are all mine to absorb as much Disney as possible to keep me going another year.
And of course there will be ice cream every day (something I have to do while on holiday and will definitely feature A LOT in this report - as it did in the last one too!) and hopefully a few WDW Magic meet ups along the way. There are quite a few of us there so I am sure we will be running into each other.

My brother Mark and his wife Claire were meant to join us on this trip however, Claire was told in July that she had to be at a meeting on 13th Nov and her company said they would pay for travel costs etc to get her there. This would have meant loosing a week of their holiday though in terms of travel time etc. We all looked at travel dates to move but it wasn't possible so they have re booked for 2016 so will be joining us then. I was so looking forward to showing them the full on Disney experience of staying on site etc but it just wasn't meant to be (this time!) I was really disappointed not to have them join us, but it won't spoil our fun. I think they will feel the pain more than us!

And just in case you want to follow along @coachwnh and @prfctlyximprct (for helping me with Disney blues in the past) @LisaBelle thanks for your message earlier this week and hopefully this report will help pass the days until your Feb trip (keep up the training) - @Minnesota disney fan who contacted me direct and we have shared email and Facebook messages since about May this year (looking forward to meeting you in person on 12th Nov in Magic Kingdom) @Zipitidoda so you can enjoy more of my gorillapod shots which you enjoyed from my last trip report @PrincessOfDisneyworld who actually read my last trip report 3 times, (I am still touched you enjoyed it that much) and @Tiggertoo56 who read my report twice and this time last year was in Disney - I hope this helps re live some memories.
And obviously welcome to any previous or new readers - you are all more than welcome

So, I am at home sorting out the last bits and Chris is still in London and we want to leave for the airport in 2 hours for our overnight stay in a hotel before our long 9 1/2 hour ish flight tomorrow to "Our laughing place"
I've pinched myself and it hurt so it's actually happening! Zip a dee do dah
See you on the other side........

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....... We're finally off. (Well nearly!)

Tinkerbella16

We were even both at Universal today!!!!!! Lol I did both parks and I had the express pass since my parents are staying in Universal this week and we wanted to ride everything together. Got there at opening and the crowds were nonexistent!!! I rode everything I hoped to at both parks! It was fabulous to not weave in and out of people like here in wdw. All day the crowds were very light, everyone was at the Disney parks it seemed, from the app!

I will be in MK tomorrow as well! I have a 9:35am breakfast at CRT w/ friends and then some fp's before heading back to POR for a rest, and then back for BOG dinner before our MVMCP. I will keep my eyes open for you!

Longers

Original Poster
We were even both at Universal today!!!!!! Lol I did both parks and I had the express pass since my parents are staying in Universal this week and we wanted to ride everything together. Got there at opening and the crowds were nonexistent!!! I rode everything I hoped to at both parks! It was fabulous to not weave in and out of people like here in wdw. All day the crowds were very light, everyone was at the Disney parks it seemed, from the app!

I will be in MK tomorrow as well! I have a 9:35am breakfast at CRT w/ friends and then some fp's before heading back to POR for a rest, and then back for BOG dinner before our MVMCP. I will keep my eyes open for you!

Oh no it gets worse! Same park and we still didn't see ach other
I am meeting Ruth in he hub at 10.30 so it's likely I will be somewhere there for a while so fingers crossed we actually get to meet today.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh no it was you!
I did wait outside for a bit just in case but then I thought I looked like a stalker!

Chris thinks we should all have a secret hand signal so that way we wouldn't feel like we couldn't approach each other.

Not sure when you are headed home?
We are at Universal tomorrow and then Magic Kingdom on Thursday.
And we are back next year on 5th Nov!

I arrived home last night. :grumpy: It was a great trip, but WAY too short.

I will keep that Nov. 5 date in mind when planning next year's fall vacation! ;)

You guys continue to have fun, and I'll be following along for the rest of your trip!

prfctlyximprct

So glad you are having fun! Still can't believe I haven't seen you guys yet and I've seen Jiminy more than once!! I also got to meet Joe and Ashley on Friday! They were right next to me during the Flag Retreat!!! I was so happy! They even recorded a short video message for my Mom and sister since they weren't there to meet them! They were SO nice!!!!
View attachment 118869

View attachment 118870

Love your pics! So jealous that you met them! I love their videos! Saw your shirt and was wondering if you were from Philly?! I recently moved to the Philly area from NJ! So many diehard Eagles fan! :)

DisneyFans4Life

Love your pics! So jealous that you met them! I love their videos! Saw your shirt and was wondering if you were from Philly?! I recently moved to the Philly area from NJ! So many diehard Eagles fan! :)
Jealous...you can have authentic philly cheesesteak sandwiches whenever you want. We have some good ones down here in FL, but I still want an authentic one from Philly!!

slipperalwaysfits

Oh no it was you!

Chris thinks we should all have a secret hand signal so that way we wouldn't feel like we couldn't approach each other.

And we are back next year on 5th Nov!

YES SECRET SIGNAL BECAUSE it would really be wonderful to actually meet the friends from WDW magic! :)
Glad you made it to Epcot at night! Illuminations really is amazing! Also, the trip report is enjoyable but I feel like I'm rooting for the heroine/princess to GET HER COGSWORTH CLOCK! I'm a tad worried she'll end up leaving without it! :arghh:

Longers

Original Poster
I arrived home last night. :grumpy: It was a great trip, but WAY too short.

I will keep that Nov. 5 date in mind when planning next year's fall vacation! ;)

You guys continue to have fun, and I'll be following along for the rest of your trip!

Thanks, really wish I had come over now!
we arrive on 4th Nov next year, sorry a day earlier than I thought.
Sorry you are home already :(

Longers

Original Poster
YES SECRET SIGNAL BECAUSE it would really be wonderful to actually meet the friends from WDW magic! :)
Glad you made it to Epcot at night! Illuminations really is amazing! Also, the trip report is enjoyable but I feel like I'm rooting for the heroine/princess to GET HER COGSWORTH CLOCK! I'm a tad worried she'll end up leaving without it! :arghh:

We need to work out a secret signal that's for sure!
And I did meet Ruth today but that was planned very well before we left our homes. More details shortly on that one.
And thanks for rooting for me and the cogsworth clock, great news I've just picked it up - more details to follow soon in today's update :D :D

slipperalwaysfits

And I did meet Ruth today but that was planned very well before we left our homes. More details shortly on that one.
And thanks for rooting for me and the cogsworth clock, great news I've just picked it up - more details to follow soon in today's update :D :D

SUSPENSE OVER PHEW! Now I can finish my lesson plan and then read your daily! :)
Yes, planning before you leave for the parks is a cool thing. I'll have to do that next time!

Longers

Original Poster
Thursday 12th November

So today was the day that Chris had been looking forward to - because he got to play golf! :rolleyes:

Me on the other hand had been looking forward to it for another reason - a meet up with @Minnesota disney fan

So Chris was up and awake and out of our room by 6.25am for his 7.30am tee off time.
It was a bit foggy out but that had all gone by the time he got to tee off.

I got ready and headed down to reception to meet the operations manager and general manager of he hotel. I wanted to thank them for their lovely voice messages they left last week and they had said they wanted to meet me do why not!

The general manager had phoned in sick but the operations manager was in.

I thanked him for his lovely message and he thanked me for staying so many nights in Riverside.
He was quite impressed at my love of this resort and the number of nights I had stayed here.
To be honest so am I as I probably could have bought a mansion in the US for the amount of money we have spent coming to Disney but I wouldn't have all the memories I have.
We had a good chat and then got a few photos - little things like this make memories for me that I treasure.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And then he gave me permission to pretend I worked at Riverside :D
Here I am getting my training - if only!

image.jpeg

He asked if I had everything I needed and I said yes everything was great and I was just absorbing every second of my time here - but he asked if I had a few minutes and asked me to wait.
I waited and he returned to tell me that he had given myself and Chris 3 additional fast passes for today, tomorrow and Saturday. I didn't need to book them I just needed to go and scan my magic band where I wanted to ride and I would get straight in!
Wow!
I was a happy girl with just a phone call but now I had additional fast passes :cool:
He told me to use them wisely - and to pick the biggest queue times to get maximum benefit from them.
I told him not to worry I would as I have plenty of practice. ;)

I said my goodbyes, we hugged and I was on my way to the bus stop to get to the Magic Kingdom.

I made it to MK at just gone 10.10am and was meeting Ruth @Minnesota disney fan at 10.30
Now this meet up was a relatively easy one, as I have previously said we arranged this before we both left home via messages and we are now friends on Facebook so we have seen pictures.

We hugged like old friends. It was great to finally meet

image.jpeg

I joined her husband and daughter and we all headed to ride BTMR and Splash together, chatting along the way and appreciating each other's accents.

image.jpeg

I didn't realise I had this photo but thought it quite funny! (I hope Ruth agrees!)

I walked back up Main Street and we said our goodbyes as they had dining reservations to get to.

I walked back towards the castle where the Xmas parade was being filmed.
Ariana Grande was singing on the stage so I watched a while.
I could have been part of the audience if I wanted but I was happy to just watch and take it all in.

Think you can just about see her in the photo with the Mickey ears on.

image.jpeg

For me it was nice as even though it was Xmas taping, it wasn't Xmas songs so I was in my element.

November is too early to be playing Xmas songs in Disney - just saying!

I sat on the no grass area and listened and watched the world go by. The grass area might well be my new favourite spot to people watch without the crowds.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

By this point Chris had messaged to say he was nearly at MK

Reunited :)

image.jpeg

We headed to ride BTMR together and then went to lunch at Columbia Harbour house

Longers

Original Poster
After lunch we had a fast pass for Pirates, as the queue was only 20 mins we decided to queue and then to ride again to use the fast pass.

We were so busy chatting that we just got in the boat where seated in row 1 - bad mistake!
The boat was full, we were crammed in like sardines and the boat was heavy!

We got soaked, like a bucket of water had been tipped over our trainers and quite a bit in our trousers too.

We're now calling it buckets of the carribean.

It kind of spoils it now - I don't know what's changed but you never got that wet.
That will teach us for talking!

We moved outside to wring out our socks

Notice the puddle, that's what came out of Chris's socks alone

image.jpeg

We did look a bit of a sight so I suggested to Chris that we headed back to the grass at the hub to sit in the sun to dry off

And why we were there we may as well have ice cream

image.jpeg

Onc the ice creams were finished we took some photos
It was a beautiful day so why not!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just look at this blue sky!

image.jpeg

Despite our trainers and socks still being soaked through we decided to watch the parade, which was at 5pm today due to the Xmas taping.

After this we decided to use one of our special fast passes for 7DMT which was showing a 60 min wait - good news it worked! Result!

Around 6pm we couldn't take anymore wet trainers so decided to head back to the room to put the hair drier on them to dry them through!

image.jpeg

We got back to the room, dried the trainers and were back out within about half hour.
We were headed for Hollywood Studios.

First tram ride (as we normally walk)

image.jpeg

We were headed for RNRC as we didn't get to ride this year and had used all this year fast passes for this park on TSMM
As it happened it was a 10 min wait so we just rode it

So obviously that left just one other place to use the last 2 extra fast passes for today! - yes TSMM

Chris lost again 4-0 to me so far this holiday! (I'm posting the pictures as Chris will deny when we get home)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Our final stop of the night was the Osborne lights.

image.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster
Here's just a few more photos from this evening

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We left Holywood Studios way after the park closed.
No one was rushing anyone to leave - no announcement nothing.
I wonder how long they would have left us!

Anyhow on the way back we had to go and see if Cogsworth had arrived!

Great news he has. Lumiere will be so excited when we get him home and they are re United again. :)

I have taken from the box just to take a picture to try to show you but I don't want to take off all the packaging as I want him to get back to the UK in one piece.

I will shared a picture of them both together when I get back to the UK.

image.jpeg

It's been such an amazing day with lots of memories again, I am having so much fun I don't want it ever to end

Time to sleep now, I woke at 6am and it's now 11.29pm
So goodnight - until tomorrow

slipperalwaysfits

Wonderful report! So awesome that you got to meet the manager of POR! That was incredible they gave you 3 extra fast passes, so nice of them because they knew you of all people would appreciate the extra Disney magic! Super awesome that it wasn't for one park, too and you could use them in MK and HS! Perfect day! Also, meeting Ruth sounded great! That's what WDWMagic is about! Making new friends! Also, we were wondering what ride you took your pic with Ruth on as we were guessing the rockwork was Splash? Anyway, I'll be interested to see if I get soaked on Pirates. Maybe it's because the boat was heavy and leaning to one side? The last couple of years, we've never gotten that wet....

KathyJetson

I feel like we have to do everything at DHS this year too. Who knows what will be there next time I go.
You gave me an idea with Gertie that I want to do with my son. Not a kiss but I will post it when I get back.

OK so you did teach me something new again. I have parked in the Universal garage before but I didn't know there were sounds. I will definitely be listening for them.

What a great encounter you had with the manager. You are really getting the Disney magic this trip!

Sorry to hear you got soaked on Pirates. Its my favorite ride but I will be asking for 3rd or 4th row and may bring my rain poncho.

Longers

Original Poster
Wonderful report! So awesome that you got to meet the manager of POR! That was incredible they gave you 3 extra fast passes, so nice of them because they knew you of all people would appreciate the extra Disney magic! Super awesome that it wasn't for one park, too and you could use them in MK and HS! Perfect day! Also, meeting Ruth sounded great! That's what WDWMagic is about! Making new friends! Also, we were wondering what ride you took your pic with Ruth on as we were guessing the rockwork was Splash? Anyway, I'll be interested to see if I get soaked on Pirates. Maybe it's because the boat was heavy and leaning to one side? The last couple of years, we've never gotten that wet....

I had such an awesome day, The extra passes can be used across parks which is great and even better still we don't have to book anything. I guess when you don't expect things it's even more magical.
The ride picture with Ruth is Splash Mountain so you are correct, we had such a good time chatting it was like we had been friends for years.
And yes be careful on pirates we've never got that wet either but without the hair drier on those trainers we wouldn't have got back out last night in half hour.

I feel like we have to do everything at DHS this year too. Who knows what will be there next time I go.
You gave me an idea with Gertie that I want to do with my son. Not a kiss but I will post it when I get back.

OK so you did teach me something new again. I have parked in the Universal garage before but I didn't know there were sounds. I will definitely be listening for them.

What a great encounter you had with the manager. You are really getting the Disney magic this trip!

Sorry to hear you got soaked on Pirates. Its my favorite ride but I will be asking for 3rd or 4th row and may bring my rain poncho.

We think the same thing in HS - do everything I think that park will change quite a lot.
I was disappointed they closed the animation academy before we made it out here.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with Gertie (make sure you tag me so I can see) :)
And yey I taught you something new again, I get the hat trick!
Kong definitely roars but you normally don't hear first thing not sure if that's because so many people arrive at the same time, but you can normally hear as you leave.
And I am loving the Disney Magic, I just can't get enough - I don't want this trip to ever end

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom