Trip Report LIVE - We're Andy's toys and we're going to play!

Hello again.
Well this trip has taken its time to come around. I'm sure you can all relate to that. The endless countdown that doesn't seem to get any smaller and all your friends going off to Disney while you're stuck at home. For those of you still there I feel your pain,

But

My turn has finally come and you get to share it with me, that is if you want to? Albeit in a virtual format.

I debated long and hard on whether to do another live report given all the time it took last year but I have decided I am going to try to give it a go again. I should be updating at the end of every day or in the mornings but everything depends on free WI fi. Fingers crossed.

For those of you who didn't read my last report (where were you?) here's a bit of background

Me Tracey
My husband Chris

image.jpeg

Disney mad, every comment in my life relates back to Disney. I've been travelling to Disney every November since 2000 (I went in Nov 1996 for the first time and then in Nov 1998 then May 1999) and then every year in November since.
Disney is a huge part of my life, I'm addicted and everyone thinks I'm mad (one of a kind, and a wee bit crazy) but I don't care - I love it and always will.
Chris isn't as mad as me (but that would be pretty impossible anyway) and pretends that he does it for me but I have those photos with the glint in his eye so who is he trying to kid?!

So here we are our 19th trip and I still get the excitement and butterflies in my stomach at the though of actually going back again. I will rack up 280 nights spent in POR during this trip and am aiming for 365 - a whole year of my life spent in Disney! That's my ambition and I think it's a pretty good one to have although Chris tells me not to admit that to anyone outside of this forum!

We've never had the same holiday even though we've been going back year after year, somehow each trip is different. I guess everyone on here can kind of relate to that too

So what's the plan?
We travel on Thursday 5th November from Gatwick at 1pm a later flight than we normally take but it was the only Virgin Atlantic flight out on this day. We are staying for 15 nights at our beloved Port Orleans Riverside - POR
We have Disney Dining plan so our meals are taken care of - we normally come home with loads to spare.
We have a 14 day Disney pass so our first day will be at Universal (as we are staying 15 nights and have to go to Magic Kingdom the day we leave)
We have BOG (be our guest for any non Disney abbreviation friends reading - Lianne at work! (not a toilet reference as some of my non Disney friends thought when I told them!) - this is a restaurant themed on Beauty and the Beast, my favourite film) booked for 2 lunches but apart from that these 15 days are all mine to absorb as much Disney as possible to keep me going another year.
And of course there will be ice cream every day (something I have to do while on holiday and will definitely feature A LOT in this report - as it did in the last one too!) and hopefully a few WDW Magic meet ups along the way. There are quite a few of us there so I am sure we will be running into each other.

My brother Mark and his wife Claire were meant to join us on this trip however, Claire was told in July that she had to be at a meeting on 13th Nov and her company said they would pay for travel costs etc to get her there. This would have meant loosing a week of their holiday though in terms of travel time etc. We all looked at travel dates to move but it wasn't possible so they have re booked for 2016 so will be joining us then. I was so looking forward to showing them the full on Disney experience of staying on site etc but it just wasn't meant to be (this time!) I was really disappointed not to have them join us, but it won't spoil our fun. I think they will feel the pain more than us!

And just in case you want to follow along @coachwnh and @prfctlyximprct (for helping me with Disney blues in the past) @LisaBelle thanks for your message earlier this week and hopefully this report will help pass the days until your Feb trip (keep up the training) - @Minnesota disney fan who contacted me direct and we have shared email and Facebook messages since about May this year (looking forward to meeting you in person on 12th Nov in Magic Kingdom) @Zipitidoda so you can enjoy more of my gorillapod shots which you enjoyed from my last trip report @PrincessOfDisneyworld who actually read my last trip report 3 times, (I am still touched you enjoyed it that much) and @Tiggertoo56 who read my report twice and this time last year was in Disney - I hope this helps re live some memories.
And obviously welcome to any previous or new readers - you are all more than welcome

So, I am at home sorting out the last bits and Chris is still in London and we want to leave for the airport in 2 hours for our overnight stay in a hotel before our long 9 1/2 hour ish flight tomorrow to "Our laughing place"
I've pinched myself and it hurt so it's actually happening! Zip a dee do dah
See you on the other side........

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....... We're finally off. (Well nearly!)

Minnesota disney fan

Saturday 7th November

Good morning, good morning
Sunbeams will soon shine through
Good morning, good morning to you, and you and you and you

(Now I know that you were singing that if you've been to Disney before)
Don't pretend you weren't!

Happy Saturday :D - for me it's going to be truly magical, I can't wait.

I think there will be Some tears - I feel rather emotional at the thought of actually going to the Magic Kingdom - I've waited over a year for this day to come

Now normally there are tears before now, but so far I have done quite well and held it all together (I don't cry at home but Disney just hits me!)

So apart from having loads of fun we will be having lunch at BOG in the castle at 11am (rather early but we're still trying to adjust our body clocks to US time)
And we have guaranteed meetings with the Pirates, Big thunder mountain (BTMRR) and seven dwarfs mine train (7DMT) during the day.
And we have a parade to watch too!

Can't wait - bring it on
Thanks for following along - more later

Hi: Just wanted to give you a "heads up" about the Pirates of the C. I have read on the dis and other Disney sites, that the boats cause a lot of water to come into them. I hear of people getting absolutely soaked, as in kali river rapids ride, while riding the POC. I hope this is not the case, as I love POC! But they also say to ask for the middle to last rows because the first 2 rows get soaked, esp row 1.
If this bothers you, beware!!!! I personally don't like to get soaked at all, especially on a ride that's not supposed to be a water ride.
See you Thursday the 12th, can't wait:)

Longers

Original Poster
Saturday 7th November continued.......

We were out of our room and at the bus stop at 7.45 am and on the bus shortly after 8am

image.jpeg

And at last we were t the Magic Kingdom

image.jpeg

It was another beautiful day - do Saturday's get any better?!

Now I had fully prepared this year for no welcome show as the Walt Disney railroad was Nader refurbishment - well much to my delight they had a shortened version to welcome everyone into the park, I was so happy and a bit teary eyed.

And my feet were obviously doing a little jig to the music.

image.jpeg

We were in!

image.jpeg

And now the reason behind the trip report title.
Before we came away I wrote Andy on the bottom of my trainers in what I thought was permanent ink - however, with walking in the rain before we left some of it seems to have removed here is what they looked like earlier today - we've taken some photos today but I am not sure you can see it properly - oh well - I tried

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We we rode Barnstormer and Dumbo today - something we don't think we've done since probably our first or second visit here.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Before lunch we went to say hi to Goofy and Donald

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster
It was the time for our lunch in the castle.

We checked in and were given a yellow rose (as we had pre ordered food)

image.jpeg

And then lunch was served.
Along with "the grey stuff" on the top of my masters cup cake - yum

image.jpeg

After lunch we took it easy on Conderella's golden carousel.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Then we thought we'd try to pull he sword from the stone - but it wasn't budging!

image.jpeg

Then we popped over to Tom Sawyer island - something we also haven't done for many years

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Then we walked back to the hub to cool down in the air conditioned shops and to find somewhere to watch the parade

The new hub area is really beautiful and I think it's a great addition.

image.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster
Then it was time for the parade - with my main man the beast - have I said before how much I love him?

image.jpeg

And I did have another tear in my eye at actually seeing him again.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We didn't take that many pictures as we just wanted to absorb it all!

After it finished we took a slow walk towards fantasy
And and stopped for ice cream in the form of a Coke float.

image.jpeg

And then it was time for our 7 dwarves mine train ride (7DMT)
But as we entered we were given the red card - how exciting - I was the chosen one! Yay.

image.jpeg

So we've done a bunch of rides, lots of our favourites, Pirates, haunted mansion, buzz and some we haven't been on for a while

We had a result with a frozen lemonade - I ordered 1 and got told it was my lucky day and I got 2!

We got given free cotton candy from the lady making it (candy floss) back home
It fascinates me how it's made and I normally stand and watch for quite a while if I see it being made.

And all around had a good laugh.
It's been another hot day and we have popped back for a quick break and the plan is to head back out now to Magic Kingdom for MSEP and wishes fireworks.

More tomorrow

Longers

Original Poster
So we're back, here are a few photos of the MSEP.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

From here we headed back to HM for a 4th fast pass.
By he time we exited and got back to the castle we ended up with a beautiful view of the castle but not of the fireworks - just a little obscured.

image.jpeg

so I made the decision to head round to the back of the castle to watch from there.
I loved it - yes you don't get the magic (for want of a better word) that you get from round the front but there were fireworks going off everywhere.
image.jpeg

And so ur day at the Magic Kingdom came to and end and it's now midnight and we are off to sleep - goodnight

image.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

Loving the trip report so far! Good for you for doing it live so you don't forget any memories! I'm excited to finally explore TS Island later this month! Can't wait to read what you're up to today!

Lianneco79

So we're back, here are a few photos of the MSEP.

View attachment 118243
View attachment 118244

View attachment 118245

View attachment 118246

View attachment 118247

From here we headed back to HM for a 4th fast pass.
By he time we exited and got back to the castle we ended up with a beautiful view of the castle but not of the fireworks - just a little obscured.

View attachment 118248

so I made the decision to head round to the back of the castle to watch from there.
I loved it - yes you don't get the magic (for want of a better word) that you get from round the front but there were fireworks going off everywhere.
View attachment 118249

And so ur day at the Magic Kingdom came to and end and it's now midnight and we are off to sleep - goodnight

View attachment 118250
Looking amazing glad you are having a fab time. Loving the photos xx

Longers

Original Poster
Loving the trip report so far! Good for you for doing it live so you don't forget any memories! I'm excited to finally explore TS Island later this month! Can't wait to read what you're up to today!

Thanks for following, I think I forgot how much time doing a TR did and whilst you can then at least remember what you've done it's hard work as you need to keep it updated. At last if you do when your back you can miss days.

Hope you're having a great day! Can't wait to hear about it. :)

Had a lovely day - just doing the updates

Looking amazing glad you are having a fab time. Loving the photos xx

Thanks for following and welcome to the forums

Really enjoying following along...looks like your having a magical time...

We are! Thanks for following

Looks like you had a great first 2 days! How awesome that the managers called you about your stay!

We feel like we've been here ages (which is really good news) and I was really chuffed with the phone calls, it's the little things :)

Longers

Original Poster
Sunday 8th November

So after waiting a whole year to go back to the Magic Kingdom which is obviously here we were yesterday, there was only one place to go this morning - back to Magic Kingdom. It was another gorgeous day. Very warm for this time of the year and above any of the normal temperatures we experience in November.

We had a lovely morning jumping on rides and taking everything in.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We stopped for lunch at Columbia harbour house.
And found our favourite little spot upstairs

image.jpeg

After lunch We decided to go to shopping, we went to the lake Buena vista outlets and then back to Disney Springs to pick up our $200 Disney dollar gift card that we got from Disney for booking with them (I think it was an offer open to UK residents)

I had already decided before I left the UK that I was going to buy a Cogsworth clock that I saw online. Gift card collected which Chris handed straight to me (as he knows I will probably spend anyway) we went looking - but nothing. I Must have one before I leave!

Anyhow as we were near the AMC theatre Chris suggested watching Spectre so we ended up there.

We had fast passes for Epcot this evening so we popped over there around 8pm (missed our first 2 fast passes as we were at the cinema)

We did make it in time for Test track! here is the car we designed
Could you tel we were tired so we're just hitting the first choices we saw?

image.jpeg

Can't imagine ever having a car that looked like this!

So why at Epcot you may as well stay for the fireworks. Right?!
As we normally go to the same spot every time we decided to wait by the cranberry bog just at the entrance to world showcase to watch from there.

It was good to see it but I do like our spot and think hat we will continue to watch there in future.
Here are a couple of pictures.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And so we left Epcot - as you can see from the blurred picture below at 9.27pm it was still 81 degrees outside.

Lovely weather to watch fireworks though.

image.jpeg

Tomorrows plan is Animal Kingdom and then depending on how long we are there maybe Epcot. We will just wait to see what we get done.

And I'm a bit behind with ice creams so. Need to catch up! :oops:
Thanks for following.

KathyJetson

I had no idea you could see so good from that spot! It never would have entered my mind to even try there. You have taught me something new!

Tiggertoo56

Following along now - was away over the weekend, so catching up, and reliving memories. Thanks for tagging me.:) Infact I have just watched the Hallowishes fireworks this morning. Off work today so spending time checking out my favourite place in the world. longing to be back.:(

Longers

Original Poster
I had no idea you could see so good from that spot! It never would have entered my mind to even try there. You have taught me something new!

We did try to get a shot with the monorail passing over but typically it arrive between the fireworks.

Following along now - was away over the weekend, so catching up, and reliving memories. Thanks for tagging me.:) Infact I have just watched the Hallowishes fireworks this morning. Off work today so spending time checking out my favourite place in the world. longing to be back.:(

Hope you had a good weekend- and we all know hat feeling of longing to be back. I am literally absorbing every little second as it has to stay in my memory banks until next year.

Tiggertoo56

Sounds like you are enjoying the visit - keep up the icecream pics! Will follow along until the end of the report.:)

Looks like you sat on the same step as we did last year at Diagon Alley. Seuss trolley ride is so much fun too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom