LIVE UPDATES: D23 Expo - WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS Presentation 6:30pm EDT

jt04

Let's get some perspective on this. D23 is not the only mechanism that Disney have to announce new projects. They will do it when it is most beneficial to them to do so. D23 is not necessarily that. WDW has announced new projects for 40 years without D23.

Good point. :)

ChristianG

I wasn't expecting a lot from this, but I was expecting more than just a thing on FLE... that was the only thing talked about for WDW.

LudwigVonDrake

Let's get some perspective on this. D23 is not the only mechanism that Disney have to announce new projects. They will do it when it is most beneficial to them to do so. D23 is not necessarily that. WDW has announced new projects for 40 years without D23.

Yes, this is true BUT the mistake (or calculated ploy) they made was that at the previous expo they made huge announcements. They knew people going in would expect something new. Instead they gave a poorly rehearsed mish mashed recap of what we already know.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes, this is true BUT the mistake (or calculated ploy) they made was that at the previous expo they made huge announcements. They knew people going in would expect something new. Instead they gave a poorly rehearsed mish mashed recap of what we already know.

Disney never put up D23 as the place for announcements. It happened at the first one because the timing was right. The fans are the ones that have made D23 into this hope of announcements - not Disney.

If anything, Disney have made it clear now that D23 does not mean new attraction announcements.

lebeau

It's not even the lack of announcements. I wasn't really expecting big announcements. It was the low quality of the presentation. It was snooze-inducing. :snore:

No energy at all. They managed to bore rapid Disney fans!

TalkingHead

let's get some perspective on this. D23 is not the only mechanism that disney have to announce new projects. They will do it when it is most beneficial to them to do so. D23 is not necessarily that. Wdw has announced new projects for 40 years without d23.

lol!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Lou's already backpedaling on his "disappointment" comments.

Now he's claiming we still got to see "lots of cool videos and stuff." He'll be on board shortly and be back to shilling for them.

Captain Chaos

We are getting a new bowling alley at WWoS.:sohappy:

Evidently all capital went to the new kids coaster. :lookaroun

Not even any DTD news. Wow, just wow. :dazzle:

We aren't.. competitive bowlers are.. :) I did say I think it would be a boon to the resort though...

JT, I think that shows, with no DTD announcements, they truly have no plan or clue what to do with that area...

Ahhh maybe they will surprise with with some announcement on october 1st...

djkidkaz

I waited months expecting to get SOMETHING atleast! Oh well, D23 wasn't the insiders club it claimed to be. After being a charter member for 2 years I've decided I'm not renewing. Stinks they didn't announce anything for WDW.

ronmeri28

Disney never put up D23 as the place for announcements. It happened at the first one because the timing was right. The fans are the ones that have made D23 into this hope of announcements - not Disney.

If anything, Disney have made it clear now that D23 does not mean new attraction announcements.

I like to disagree. I'm an Apple fanboy. Take a look what they announce at their conferences. Also, don't you expect a high executive to talk loudly and command the attention of the audience. Tom Staggs was very low key and monotone.

David S.

Lee was right on the money about no surprise announcements.

The most enjoyable part for me was seeing Mickey Mouse jam on the drums! :)

MarkTwain

So... I guess no information was leaked from the super-secret, closely guarded keynote, because there was no information to leak. :lol:

A little let down, but not surprised. I wasn't really expecting anything.

Captain Chaos

He said he'd give his opinion shortly but said "The Box" had a general sense of disappointment. Maybe he'll explain why they are "wrong" when he gives his opinion.

I'm sure he'll brag on his podcast how awesome it was with a side note saying fans were disappointed... then put the pixie dust brigade spin on it somehow...

RadioHead

Lol at all you guys who thought something big was going to be announced. Lee was saying from the get go to keep expectations on a down low. I knew more than likely that all we would hear is FLE news and what not.

It's your guys fault for getting so hyped when many "upper" members have been saying not to.

Mouse Detective

I'm so glad to see the 12 year-olds on this board so disappointed. Once again, you idiotically expect TWDC to spend $3 billion a year on e-tickets, when they have already announced a new park in China, an expansion in HK and MK, a new resort in Hawai'i and an extensive redux in DCA all underway. Do everyone a favor? Finish up your Spaghetti-O's and then go finish your remedial math homework. Come back when you turn 16.

Can always count on Trollman to show up, no matter the website. When even JT admits it wasn't good, IT WASN'T GOOD!

disneyrcks

I was really, really hoping for something about DTD. There may still be other things in the works that they just did not announce. The HM redo of the hitchhiking ghosts wasn't formally announced, was it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom