Live(ish) Trip Report - Celebrating 25 Years of Wedded Bliss in NYC

NYwdwfan

Jennifer, did you go on the tour at the UN? I love that tour. (Looks like you just took a few pictures, and probably ran out of time, which is understandable.)

I laughed out loud over your car ride with @NYwdwfan! NYC is only a smidge more dangerous than driving in Boston--craziness rules. :hilarious: (P.S.: That is why I refuse to drive in the city.)

Oh, meant to mention earlier--I don't think the bucket of popcorn that Mike had was large enough?! ;) ;) )

Lastly, happy to hear that you and Mike are home safe and sound! Welcome back. :happy:
Boston is SOOOO much worse than Manhattan - at least here the city is on a grid. You miss your street you take the next one and circle back. You miss your street in Boston and suddenly you’re in the Charles.

Goofyernmost

Boston is SOOOO much worse than Manhattan - at least here the city is on a grid. You miss your street you take the next one and circle back. You miss your street in Boston and suddenly you’re in the Charles.
I had call to drive around in Boston a lot, many years back, I could only imagine what it was like before the original 93 was built. Even as bad as it was on 93 I think it must have been better then previous to its construction. I-93 back then repeatedly went from 4 lanes down to 3 and sometimes 2. I believe that is where the term bottleneck came from. I have not been on 93 since the big dig finished up, but, people tell me it's better. The overhead highway was what existed the last time I was on it.

The city of Boston really isn't all that huge, area wise, but, the adjoining towns really get it to be confusing. I also don't like the idea of being in a traffic jam in a tunnel filled with carbon monoxide and relying on public service employees to make sure that the place remains ventilated.

NYC, on the other hand, is a grid, like mentioned, I know this because in the early 60's we were returning from a disaster filled vacation in Florida and found ourselves in NYC at 3am. We had no idea where we were until we passed by the Bronx Zoo. That didn't really help because we still didn't know how to get out of the Bronx and find the road to go up north. We, or I should say, my father managed to make enough turns in the process that we passed by the Zoo three more times. At his best, he never wanted to ask for directions, but, at 3am it didn't seem the best of ideas to ask anyone that was just walking along a street at that hour. Finally he spotted a Policeman sitting in a patrol car and was able to pull over and get safe directions. For those wondering... we made it out.

Tick Tock

Great trip report! I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of this.

Though one minor correction, if I may:
This was my brekkie at 9:00, minus the sausage, which was ridiculously spicy.
There is no such thing when it comes to sausage. There's only: "Not spicy enough", or "A brilliant level of spiciness". You can never have too much spice when it comes to that glorious breakfast edible.

Anyhow, I had a lot of fun reading along.

Goofyernmost

One of my favorite moments was when Jennifer said a Canadian, “eh”, and then proceeded to tell me she doesn’t have an accent and she sounds like everyone on Friends except for Joey. Apparently I sound like Joey.
Little known trivia... In Canunada sentences must end with "eh" at least once a day or they lose citizenship or the Queen stops sending them Christmas cards or both. I don't know the rule for aboat, just not sure about that one! Then there is that thing about throwing a "u" someplace in aboat every other word.

Tick Tock

Little known trivia... In Canunada sentences must end with "eh" at least once a day or they lose citizenship or the Queen stops sending them Christmas cards or both.
Isn't this how the country was named to begin with?

Ruler: "You there, random civilian. Help me name this great land, but using only 3 consonants. No more, no less."
Random Civilian: (After a long pause to think) "Okay, how about...
C, eh
N, eh
D, eh"

Ruler: "Brilliant! Canada it shall be!"

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just wondering, @NYwdwfan, what is your ranking of the chocolate bars?

If you recall, Mike ranked Aero and Jersey Milk first, with Caramilk as a very close second, and Aero Mint as a distant third.

I have Aero and Caramilk in a dead heat, Jersey Milk way down in second, and Aero Mint as an option only if everything else is gone, including the Coffee Crisp.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

If you recall, Mike ranked Aero and Jersey Milk first, with Caramilk as a very close second, and Aero Mint as a distant third.

I have Aero and Caramilk in a dead heat, Jersey Milk way down in second, and Aero Mint as an option only if everything else is gone, including the Coffee Crisp.

Turkish delight?

NYwdwfan

Caramilk
Aero
Jersey Milk
Aero mint

My kids freaked when they saw it and my son asked if we can move to Canada for the chocolate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom