Trip Report LIVE for Food and Wine and Toy Story Land Time! October 2018

Hello Magic Friends!
Considering it's almost time to make fast passes for my upcoming trip, I figured I should start my pre-trip report! I hope to go live for my trip report, but we'll see how it goes.
This will be my 4th trip in a row for Food and Wine and I travel with a different configuration each time! P went with me back in 2015, my mom (Ce) and my bf E came with in 2016, and last year's trip was with my mom Ce, aunt Ci, and uncle R. This year, they're all going except P (poor guy can't take vacation during the school year anymore).
So here we are:
wdw2016286575099417_7828083240_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

Myself (K), mom, and E
wdw2017307852785008_405988262432_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

Aunt Ci and Uncle R

We're staying at Boardwalk again, but with 2 studios this time since 5 adults crammed in one seemed a bit much. Heading down Mon Oct 22 and leaving Friday Oct 26, Ci and R are staying an extra day and leaving the 27th. We're working on plans, only have 2 things set in stone so far. We're booked for the World Showcase DestiNations Discovered tour on the Tuesday (thanks to a trip report on here that made us want to try it) and we have 2 reservations for Ohana dinner, just not sure which night we are keeping! Other than that, the goal is to get E on FOP (Pandora wasn't open last time she visited) and we all want to see Toy Story Land!

Oh, and just to shake things up this time around, I'll be bringing along a mini mousketeer in the making...
IMG_20180810_193133_317.jpg

krisri18

Original Poster
After a flight delay and a bumpy ride, we made it home at 2am! Overall, I'd say a successful trip. I definitely don't want to be doing Disney while pregnant again, it's too rough on the feet/ankles/back but I'm glad I got the opportunity to do shows/rides that j don't ordinarily do and take the time to meet characters. We averaged about 20k-22k steps per day, which normally I can handle but way too much this time around! Hoping that our mini mousketeer will be going on his/her first trip next summer, although I already need to adjust our dates due to a family wedding that I forgot about (darn mush brain).
Thank you all for following along on our adventures and hope to see you in the World!

krisri18

Original Poster
Side note: if anyone has an extra Sorcerers Card from this year's Halloween party, my 14 yr old is looking for one.

TheMouseFan

Side note: if anyone has an extra Sorcerers Card from this year's Halloween party, my 14 yr old is looking for one.
I may have one. Someone who is there now was getting them for my 3 kids and she texted me that she had 4. I won't see her until Thursday, but if she brings the extra one I can send it to you.

Spash007

Overall, I'd say a successful trip. I definitely don't want to be doing Disney while pregnant again, it's too rough on the feet/ankles/back but I'm glad I got the opportunity to do shows/rides that j don't ordinarily do and take the time to meet characters.

Mind if I ask if you would do anything different to try to make it easier, what would it be? We're hoping by taking it slow and trying to take as many breaks as possible DW will be ok, but any first hand tips would be greatly appreciated!

krisri18

Original Poster
Mind if I ask if you would do anything different to try to make it easier, what would it be? We're hoping by taking it slow and trying to take as many breaks as possible DW will be ok, but any first hand tips would be greatly appreciated!
Definitely take it slow! The hardest part was all the walking, it wreaked havoc on my ankles. Floating around in the pool during breaks was helpful, drink tons of water (you will learn where every bathroom is in every park), and try to avoid zigzagging across the parks. I think we circled World of Showcase three times in 1 day, which is way too much. Take advantage of riding the train in MK, friendship boats in Epcot, sitting down for shows for some ac and rest. Pack protein snacks, relying on popcorn and Mickey bars (while delicious) won't hold your DW for long. I carried Vermont mini meat sticks, protein bars, babybel cheese, celery and jif pb to go cups. It helped to keep me going when I knew we had an upcoming ADR or just needed something small to hold me over in a line. Good luck! Enjoy your trip and make sure to get pictures with characters if you're into meeting them, they loved pointing out my bump. Lol

Gurt

What a great trip, I can believe how much walking you did while carrying a new human! how cool you got to meet Brett I will be keeping my out for him on our next trip he seems like such a nice guy.

krisri18

Original Poster
What a great trip, I can believe how much walking you did while carrying a new human! how cool you got to meet Brett I will be keeping my out for him on our next trip he seems like such a nice guy.
Exercise is good right? Lol I managed to gain less than a pound in 2.5 weeks, I attribute it to all that walking!
Brett was great! Super friendly, asked about my "expansion pack", and joked that he needs his own photopass photographer! Thanks for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom