Live Action Rescue Rangers in Development

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From the article: This movie will be set in a world where cartoon characters live alongside humans — and traditionally animated characters are doing their best to stay relevant in a computer graphics dominated world.

So it's Roger Rabbit with...chipmunks?
Inconceivable!!

Brer Panther

Not surprised that the rumors of the original cast reprising their roles were false. Disney loves stunt-casting. No way they WEREN'T going to cast celebrities as Chip and Dale.

Matt_Black

Not surprised that the rumors of the original cast reprising their roles were false. Disney loves stunt-casting. No way they WEREN'T going to cast celebrities as Chip and Dale.

Well, considering that they had Jim Cummings, who's not exactly a household name, as Pooh & Tigger in Christopher Robbin, I'd say there was an outside chance.

champdisney

Well, considering that they had Jim Cummings, who's not exactly a household name, as Pooh & Tigger in Christopher Robbin, I'd say there was an outside chance.
That’s true. However, Jim Cummings wasn’t originally cast to voice Tigger for the film. It went to an actor who stunk in the role and they reverted back to man that does it best.

Piebald

I loved the original as a kid. If they remade a movie that was completely like the original I'm not sure I'd care that much to watch. However, as bizarre as this seems I'm actually much more interested. I know a lot of people will be like "wut" but I can appreciate the bold direction and I think its hilarious. The show is on Disney+, there are plenty of classic and kiddie cartoons about C&D on Disney+..may as well just say F it and do something like this to expand on the audience. My only gripe with the trailer is the song choice but otherwise I lol'd

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
That one is CGI and the other flat animation is hilarious.

It looks like a worthy successor to Roger Rabbit.
Right! Not sure if this is a Rescue Rangers reboot or Roger Rabbit and either way I am happy with what I am seeing! My biggest gripe is the voices, they just don't sound like Chip and Dale to me, not a big deal but will take some getting use to.

Yert3

Another middle finger to the fans. The premise, I admit is good, but not having Tress and Corey as Chip and Dale is pretty much unforgivable. And what is that music……? Doesn’t sound like anything I’ve ever heard in the show… sigh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom