Live Action Mulan in the Works

lazyboy97o

I’m curious if the Hua family being Hakka will be at all relevant to the story. It’s seems an odd choice if it was actually made, and one that would be interesting to see if so many hoping to see a story more closely related to the source material.

Jedijax719

Is there truly no singing in the movie? I know about the phoenix replacing mushu which is fine but music? Well Cinderella had none so...I guess?

DonaldDoleWhip

Finally saw TLK '19 today, and it pains me to say this (the original Lion King is my favorite Disney movie), but the highlight was probably seeing Mulan's trailer again.

Seriously, this looks like a remake that has a reason to exist! I can totally live without Mushu and the songs, although hopefully some of them will echo through the film's score, as Reflection does (to great effect) in the teaser.

Magenta Panther

I can live without the songs, but I don't think I can live with Mushu. He meant way too much to the story.

I agree. I can't believe Disney is replacing a CHINESE DRAGON with a phoenix. If a dragon with an inappropriate Eddie Murphy voice is the issue, then replace the voice. I volunteer Jackie Chan - an actual CHINESE actor/warrior/martial artist. He was sorely underused in the Kung Fu Panda films (why the heck does bland unfunny Seth Rogen get so many lines in that?) and he would give Mushu not only a new voice but a new personality, which I'd be okay with. Perhaps the new Mushu could be more like Sebastian in the Mermaid movie - an anxious, critical but loyal adviser/companion. Chan's involvement would give me a reason to see this remake. Otherwise, pass.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Mike S

Hong Kong Protestors Call for Disney Boycott After 'Mulan' Star Voices Support for Police Crackdown
Well. Maybe she should’ve just stayed out of it.

seascape

Actors and actresses should stay out of all politics. It only causes half the people to love you and half the people to hate you. But it can ruin your career. Shut up and take all the money Disney is giving you. Besides, most people here have no idea what the real options are. Support the police or support the protesters. There are consequences with either side that need to be considered. China is not going to let Hong Kong become a democracy so supporting the protesters only leads to a major crackdown and more pain. Supporting the police on their crackdown is morally wrong. What is better? It is up to the Chinese people. My opinion is irrelevant as is that of any American. They must decide for themselves but if the decide it is better to live free and die I will support them even though that means war. The decision must be their's.

brb1006

New International Poster
3xihp4lts2041.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom