Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

LittleBuford

How do you possibly know this film is not about love when the first teaser trailer has not even been released yet???
To be fair, Zegler herself has told us it's not a love story. That doesn't mean it won't feature love, of course, but I think we can safely assume it's not going to be a romance in the manner of Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid. The thing is, though, neither was the 1937 version.

BuddyThomas

To be fair, Zegler herself has told us it's not a love story. That doesn't mean it won't feature love, of course, but I think we can safely assume it's not going to be a romance in the manner of Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid. The thing is, though, neither was the 1937 version.
All I am saying is that certain individuals on here always act like they know everything about something prior to full information becoming available. This entire thread is an example of that.

DKampy

When original movies make more money than IP…Disney will concentrate on original films…..I see great original films all the time that that don’t move the needle much box office wise

until then these movies seem to need some sort IP to get butts in seats and Disney will continue to make movies featuring IP at their disposal, but hopefully will find creative ways to do so….I for one am excited to see what Disney has in store for Snow White especially with Greta Gerwig being one of the creatives involved

By the way Disney still can make money on original animated movies which they still put effort into

SuddenStorm

You really should, if only for the incredible artistry.

It is mildly surprising to me that someone could be a regular poster in a Disney fan forum but not have seen Snow White. Isn't it only like 70 minutes long?

I rewatched it a few years ago and was blown away by how well done it was- the storytelling, art direction, music- it really is timeless. I still prefer Pinocchio, but there's an artistry behind Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty that's absent in the work Disney's done since.

dreday3

It is mildly surprising to me that someone could be a regular poster in a Disney fan forum but not have seen Snow White. Isn't it only like 70 minutes long?

I rewatched it a few years ago and was blown away by how well done it was- the storytelling, art direction, music- it really is timeless. I still prefer Pinocchio, but there's an artistry behind Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty that's absent in the work Disney's done since.

It looks like a water painting that was animated. And I mean that in the best way.

LittleBuford

I'm not terribly surprised. I'm first and foremost a Disney fan, but a good number of posters here are primarily theme-park and resort aficionados for whom Disney nostalgia and "magic" don't mean as much. (I'm not saying this is the case for @Chi84; I actually don't know how she feels about Disney more generally!)

I largely agree, though I have a soft spot for the style associated with the Renaissance movies too.

Chi84

Premium Member

I think you might be surprised at how many regular posters in this forum haven’t seen the earliest animated movies.

I am a fan of Disney’s more recent films, including the live-action remakes. People like what they like. There’s room for everyone.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

“Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” is getting the 4K treatment. Disney announced Wednesday morning its plans to release a meticulously restored and remastered 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray edition of their inaugural animated film. The remastered version will be available on Amazon starting Oct. 10.​
The endeavor is part of The Walt Disney Studios’ ongoing commitment to major restoration projects, employing new scans derived from the original nitrate negative. The restoration process benefits from the artistic insights of Disney Animation luminaries Eric Goldberg, renowned for his mastery in Disney animation, and Michael Giaimo, the creative force behind “Frozen,” “Frozen 2,” “Wish” and “Pocahontas.”​
The Blu-ray release is part of Disney’s 100th-anniversary celebration, and follows the successful 4K UHD restoration of “Cinderella” earlier this week.​

Dranth

“Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” is getting the 4K treatment. Disney announced Wednesday morning its plans to release a meticulously restored and remastered 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray edition of their inaugural animated film. The remastered version will be available on Amazon starting Oct. 10.​
The endeavor is part of The Walt Disney Studios’ ongoing commitment to major restoration projects, employing new scans derived from the original nitrate negative. The restoration process benefits from the artistic insights of Disney Animation luminaries Eric Goldberg, renowned for his mastery in Disney animation, and Michael Giaimo, the creative force behind “Frozen,” “Frozen 2,” “Wish” and “Pocahontas.”​
The Blu-ray release is part of Disney’s 100th-anniversary celebration, and follows the successful 4K UHD restoration of “Cinderella” earlier this week.​
LIES! I've been told the original will cease to exist because they are making a live action version!

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I suspect we'll be hearing about a few more of these happening over the next several months.

Dranth

I suspect we'll be hearing about a few more of these happening over the next several months.
I hope so. They really put the breaks on the back catalog 4k releases.

Still waiting for you to finish that Aliens 4k Disney.... get a move on it (to be fair I think the actual hold up is Cameron on this one).

Tha Realest

I can’t wait for the Rachel Zegler commentary track

SuddenStorm

I hope as many people as possible by the physical release of this. If it sells well, and with Disney+ continuing to bleed money, it might motivate Disney to put out more 4k restorations of their older content.

Californian Elitist

I think you might be surprised at how many regular posters in this forum haven’t seen the earliest animated movies.

I am a fan of Disney’s more recent films, including the live-action remakes. People like what they like. There’s room for everyone.
Right. Disney fans are not a monolith. You can be a Disney fan without having ever seen Snow White. You can be a Disney fan without having ever stepped foot in the parks, or seeing an episode of Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color, and so on.

TP2000

I hope as many people as possible by the physical release of this. If it sells well, and with Disney+ continuing to bleed money, it might motivate Disney to put out more 4k restorations of their older content.

Agreed. I'll probably buy this, just to have it and watch it with my new home theater setup.

I watched Snow White on DVD just over a decade ago, after being inspired to rewatch it as an adult after my first dinner at Carthay Circle and seeing the archival exhibits about Snow White placed around that restaurant. It's a great movie.

If Disney committed to releasing all of its classics on 4K BluRays, I'd buy them. I like having physical copies. I don't entirely trust streaming to always be there for this sort of classic stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom