Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Tony the Tigger

But that’s your opinion. It comes across as completely different to others. I don’t get why that is so difficult to understand. Different perceptions can and do exist. That’s just a part of life.
I disagree. There’s a knowable truth at the heart of all this. She meant one thing or the other.

People either understand what she said or misunderstand what she said.

LittleBuford

I disagree. There’s a knowable truth at the heart of all this. She meant one thing or the other.

I don't fully agree with this. We can all agree on what she literally said, but what she meant by those words is, to some extent, a matter of interpretation, and the understanding that some have come away with—that she really isn't a fan of, and perhaps actively dislikes, the 1937 film—is within the realm of possibility.

The problem isn't that some people perceive Zegler as "hating" classic Disney. The problem is the unreasonable and, frankly, unhealthy level of anger they feel towards her because of it.

The Great Gonzo

It's the story that I've got a major problem with. The Classic Disney Princess stories are all supposed to be about love. They don't even have Prince Charming in the movie. He was replaced by some random guy named Jonathan.

LittleBuford

Hey, there is nothing “charming” about misogyny and sexual assault!

Get with the times! ;)
The ironic thing is that the remake may end up showcasing romantic love more than the original. If Jonathan is a major character who interacts with Snow White throughout the movie, we'll end up with a much more fleshed-out relationship than what the 1937 movie gave us.

LittleBuford

SW2023 does not need a MAN!

Maybe SW2023 will have a love interest with one of the non binary magical creatures?
But they're giving her a man. This man:

snow-white-burnap-header.jpg

C09A0029-14B4-45FB-B24C-9259F081C76D.jpeg

He's very handsome, don't you think? I look forward to seeing how his relationship with her is developed. I think they'll make a cute couple.

Disstevefan1

But they're giving her a man. This man:

snow-white-burnap-header.jpg

He's very handsome, don't you think? I look forward to seeing how his relationship with her is developed. I think they'll make a cute couple.
I cant speak for this person as I do not know how they identify themself.

It will be only SW2024's choice.

No one makes the choice for the strong leader that is SW2024!

LittleBuford

Nope, Jonny boy isn't her true love. She even joked of cutting him out.
As you yourself say, she was joking about cutting him out.

I'll admit that the nature of her relationship with Jonathan hasn't been made very clear. We know the film won't be a love story as such, though it's worth noting that the 1937 animated feature wasn't one either. Articles published last year and earlier this year described Jonathan as Snow White's love interest, but Zegler herself has been noncommittal on this point:

"We have a different approach to what I'm sure a lot of people will assume is a love story. Everyone's going to have their assumptions about what it's actually going to be but it's really not about the love story at all which is really really wonderful and whether or not she finds love along the way is anybody's guess until 2024."

My guess is that she will find love along the way, though I'll readily admit my mistake if that turns out not to be the case.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

Maybe I missed it, but did she clarify her comments? If not, I'm not sure anyone can understand or misunderstand them really. It's all just assuming. If you're against the film, you think she's bashing the original. If you support he film, you think she's misunderstood. Is there too much being made about her comments? Probably. But I can see why her comments annoyed a lot people. Unfortunately she's taking a lot of flack from people who are mad at Disney. That's why I'm surprised Disney hasn't tried to change the narrative.

TP2000

Ah yes, an “anti-Woke” YouTuber with video titles like “Stop Being ‘Offended’” - unless an actress makes some incredibly mild comments about an 85 year-old film, I suppose.

You post this garbage and continue to pretend you don’t see the network of outlets manufacturing this story, continue to pretend it’s entirely “her own words/ attitude” driving this.

Where did Zegler say she “hated” Snow White? You posted the article that broadcast that lie. Any thoughts on why outlets would falsify her words?

We've got two dozen people here talking about this. No one even knows we are here. (Heck, I've been on this site for 20 years and I didn't even know this backwater movie sub-forum existed until a year or two ago. I thought we only talked about the parks and refillable mugs.).

Versus TikTok videos about this same topic that have Millions and Millions of views in a week.

That's just a fact, whether you like it or not. So what does Disney do about that fact that Millions of their potential consumers are noting that? How does Disney respond? And not just respond to this current Snow White mess (which they luckily have time to clean up and relaunch), but respond with any future movies in development where they rewrite and reframe a Walt Disney classic?

I hope Disney responds by an artistic course correct, not by just continuing to release these same mega-budget movies that fail at the box office and cost the studio one hundred million here, two hundred million there, etc.

TP2000

TP, you're really grasping at straws now. Your posts are ridiculous in the literal sense: laughable.

The good news is that there's very, very few of us here to see my posts. Really just the same dozen of us. Hello, again.

The bad news is that Rachel Zegler became the laughing stock of TikTok videos for several weeks. Those videos have millions and millions of individual views per video.

Disney has a problem on its hands because of that. There's nothing I can say in this thread that will make that real problem worse, and yet nothing to be said here that will make that problem better for Disney.

Disney has six months to figure out how they fix the Snow White PR problem created by Rachel Zegler's interviews. It will be interesting to see where this thread is next February based on that work. And then where this topic is in the Box Office thread next March.

Good luck Disney PR whiz kids and studio executives, you've got six months to fix this.... Go. :)

Tony the Tigger

I don't fully agree with this. We can all agree on what she literally said, but what she meant by those words is, to some extent, a matter of interpretation, and the understanding that some have come away with—that she really isn't a fan of, and perhaps actively dislikes, the 1937 film—is within the realm of possibility.

The problem isn't that some people perceive Zegler as "hating" classic Disney. The problem is the unreasonable and, frankly, unhealthy level of anger they feel towards her because of it.
She’s alive. One can ask her.
. If you're against the film, you think she's bashing the original. If you support he film, you think she's misunderstood.
But the truth is, in fact, one or the other - regardless of whether you are for or against the film. That’s my point. There is one real truth, and opinions of that truth are irrelevant.
@Tony the Tigger gets the belt:
View attachment 739816
Darn! I should have made it Disney themed - Next time.
I am hoping to get that very belt tonight!

Tuesday nights, we play a board game called Munchkin at a local place. The winner gets the belt for the week - but we put it upside down so the “W” is an “M” for Munchkin. 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom