Little soggy Epcot update

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I hit Epcot for a few hours, just to see what was up at Seas.

We drove all the way from Tampa with sunny skies, and the second we got off the WDW exit it started to downpour.

Was not a pretty sight.

At Seas, nothing has changed, except it seems most if not all of the holes are cut out of the mural. The pattern still seems random. They also now have black insulation behind the the holes. This does lend to the idea that they're not taking the whole thing down.

Inside Seas, the lines for Turtle Talk was short, because everyone inside had apparently already seen it and was sitting around the floor in various areas waiting out the storm. It was an interesting sight.

The bigger news - over at SSE, they've done a lot of enhancement on the "practical" lighting inside the ride. The fake torches with the mist and 2-tone lighting effect looked great, there were fiber optics i've never seen before, and the crystal city really dazzled. There were also flickering candles looking all spiffy, and simple effects like flickering lights behind doors that were obviously replaced. It's getting a small doses of TLC it seems.

In-car audio didn't work for the entire Newspaper-Cinema scene though *shrug* Can't win them all.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
In particular, I haven't seen the ones on the globe as you enter the speed/communication tunnel before.

There are pin-point sparkles and the wire-types around them changing colors.

Also, in the descent, the crescendo sparkles (after the wave past the SSE ball) are in full force, they used to just be a minor twinkle, now they're like a full cloud.

Oh, i almost forgot to mention - it looks like they changed they projected "void" at the top of the ascent. It used to be purple - it looks bigger now and kinda blue. Definately brighter if anything.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Others of note.. (That either didn't work befor,e or not as well)

1. Torch. Caveman scene. 2-tone flame effect with mist plume. Blue with orange.

2. Torch. Egypt. Next to worker on ladder.

3. Windows light. Jewish scholars, left side. Brightly flickers through the door's little window. Never seen it before.

4. Candles. All through the monks and renaissance. All flickering and bright.

There's more i'm sure I didn't catch.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nice work - both in the rehab and in spotting them. I`ve noticed most over the years myself and in video, but not all at the same time. Infact, a lot of the 94 rehab items you mention I havn`t seen since early `95. I`m glad you did!

EpcotMark

One person I have talked with says that the ride will be down from January to October to replace the vehicles with new ones with LCD screens.

Pongo

mousermerf said:
Others of note.. (That either didn't work befor,e or not as well)

1. Torch. Caveman scene. 2-tone flame effect with mist plume. Blue with orange.

2. Torch. Egypt. Next to worker on ladder.

I know that those torches have been working for the past two or three times I've been to Epcot. Which would place the earliest instance I saw them... around April. Maybe March. But probably April.

They do look really nice. Neat little effect.

Do you not get on SSE that often? I try to get on it every time I go to Epcot.

MicBat

If you look at the Epcot throw blanket they have at mousegear, it shows the living seas with the original mural. The mural, though, depicts crush swimming up towards the sun. Maybe they're planning on adding crush and other characters not appearing on the original Nemo display out front?

TomorrowlandTyler

MicBat said:
If you look at the Epcot throw blanket they have at mousegear, it shows the living seas with the original mural. The mural, though, depicts crush swimming up towards the sun. Maybe they're planning on adding crush and other characters not appearing on the original Nemo display out front?

Sounds logical for the holes then. And this would not suprise me with the whole Nemoization of the seas. (Nemoization-[adj.] the act of adding the characters from Finding Nemo to wherever physically possible.)

dxwwf3

I noticed the little changes around SSE as well. Especially the torches. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
MicBat said:

Hey, I think that's one of my early theories of what they'd be doing before they put the holes in and caused panic-mode. My assumption though was jsut a series of turtles, like in the EAC, and maybe the attraction name.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
EpcotMark said:
One person I have talked with says that the ride will be down from January to October to replace the vehicles with new ones with LCD screens.

Interesting. First news of this I think?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
What would the screens be for though?

"Welcome aborad Spaceship Earth... I'm Gary Sinise. Sit down or else."

CThaddeus

EpcotMark said:

Would they really close their centerpiece attraction for almost 10 months, especially during the summer? I could see a couple of weeks maybe, but that long?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
For that matter.. anyone have a good answer for this question I ask every so often:

When does Living Seas close to take down its internal construction walls (there's so many I find it hard to believe it wouldn't atleast take a few days) and then reopen with Nemo?

CaptainMichael

CThaddeus said:
Would they really close their centerpiece attraction for almost 10 months, especially during the summer? I could see a couple of weeks maybe, but that long?
Well, it's got to happen one day...the sooner the better I say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom