Little One's Magic Hour? Only with Little Ones?

kverdon

Hi all, (JP?)

My wife found this:

"The Little Ones Magic Hour will allow Guests staying at Walt Disney World owned and operated Resorts, ..... to enter Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom Park one hour prior to regularly scheduled Park opening to enjoy select Fantasyland attractions."

Another post we found mentions that it is designed for families traveling with toddlers and preschoolers. Question is, does this only apply to families traveling with small children or to all WDW resort quests? We don't have any kids but usually like to head to fantasyland right off and do Peter Pan and Philharmagic before they get crowded.

thanks,

Kevin and Mona (T-minus 5 weeks and counting...:sohappy: )

kennygman

I don't see how they can separate. Let's say that you're meeting your family who went ahead of you. Would they not let you in? I think it's just a marketing way of saying that fantasyland is open an hour early as opposed to EMH which has Tomorrowland as well.

Upvote 0

KnK

I had wondered this same thing. We will be down second week in September and hope to enjoy some of them. I am sure that there is not an age limit. Remember the Kingdom is for children of ALL ages!

Upvote 0

durangojim

K&K said:
I had wondered this same thing. We will be down second week in September and hope to enjoy some of them. I am sure that there is not an age limit. Remember the Kingdom is for children of ALL ages!
But this isn't for children of all ages, it's for "little ones". I for one hope they do discriminate becausethe purpose of the magical beginnings is to give families with very young children a little more conveniece by hopfully having shorter lines and getting the kids on the rides more quickly. This would be defeated if every adult or older child was able to participate, especially with only fantasyland bein open, it would be extremely crowded. Remember, everyone else still has the EMH, this is something just a little extra. And if you don't like it or don't think it's fair, go borrow a toddler somewhere.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure which way it will be, but with your thinking, then they should have Big kids hours too. Only adults who don't have to be inconvienced by strollers in their way. Wow it seems awful silly when you say it that way doesn't it?

Just playing a little devil's advocate.

Hope you have a good time with your little ones.... and be careful with those doombuggys.... I mean strollers.

Upvote 0

durangojim

ReallyBigKid said:
I'm not sure which way it will be, but with your thinking, then they should have Big kids hours too. Only adults who don't have to be inconvienced by strollers in their way. Wow it seems awful silly when you say it that way doesn't it?

Just playing a little devil's advocate.

Hope you have a good time with your little ones.... and be careful with those doombuggys.... I mean strollers.

They do have big kids hours -- how many toddlers have you seen at the MK at 12, 1, 2, or even 3 am? It just seems like the whole point of this is to give the little kids and their parents a break and make it a little easier for them. It's not inconveniencing anyone else because the other EMH days are still there, they aren't being replaced.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

According to the press release that I saw... it was for families with small children. The idea proposed in the press release was to let them get in early to enjoy the kid-popular Fantasyland attractions so they will have time to head back to their resorts for afternoon naps.

With that said, I'm not sure if they will keep resort guests without kids out or not. I didn't find anything that gave specific guidelines.

Edit... adding press release quote.
During the Little Ones Travel Time, Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom will open an hour early on select days for Disney guests and their small-fry for favorites such as Dumbo the Flying Elephant, it's a small world and Peter Pan's Flight, and a new play area called Pooh's Playful Spot. Plus, youngsters can meet favorite characters during the special edition Extra Magic Hours. While guests must have Resort ID and valid ticketing for the parks offering this Fantasyland Extra Magic Hours, there is no additional charge to enjoy this extra time in the parks. This early access allows families with young ones to get an early start to their day and maximize park time before heading back to their Disney resort for an afternoon break.

Upvote 0

Pongo

They may open EMH's for everyone and station CM's around FL in order to only let families with children in. It wouldn't be too hard. There are only three main entrances to FL, each of which can be monitored easily. All they need is som rope.

Upvote 0
According to guest services.... you will have to have children with you to enjoy these special Little One's Magic hour times.

Website stated it was geared for children 6 and younger.

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

It's possible that anyone could enter Fantasyland, but only families with kids could actually go on the rides.

/just a guess
/doesn't actually know how it's run

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

durangojim said:
They do have big kids hours -- how many toddlers have you seen at the MK at 12, 1, 2, or even 3 am?

You'd be surprised....and probably appalled.

And I really don't think there will be any way that "EMH for Toddlers" can be enforced.

I cannot imagine any scenario in which adults would be told that they absolutely CANNOT get on Dumbo.

Upvote 0

DisneyBride94

ReallyBigKid said:
According to guest services.... you will have to have children with you to enjoy these special Little One's Magic hour times.

Website stated it was geared for children 6 and younger.

Cool. My kidlets are ages 2, 4 and 6...

Frankly, if we can get in and out earlier than usual...you'll have at least two less strollers from my family to trip over the rest of the day! (Then again, for those who have complaints about tripping over strollers--why would you WANT to go to the little folks hours when there will be nothing BUT little ones in strollers?)

I think it is good that they are accommodating families of small children... To those of you with out kids, it may be a pain in the neck to have to dodge strollers...but until you've walked a mile in some parents' shoes...try not to be so judgemental... Taking small children to Disney is magical, but is also extremely stressful and exhausting for the parents... Especially when you are outnumbered by your small children... Just getting off and on the buses with the strollers is challenging! Anythign to make it a little bit easier is welcome...

And as everyone points out, there will still be regular EMHs for all guests..
I've got nothing against there being "adult only hours." Heck, I've always thought there should be an adults only resort, or a couples only resort... But that is not the Disney way...

Anyhow...just a few thoughts on this topic...

Upvote 0
It is unfair to discriminate against "Families" with no small children. I have four children toddler to teen. I would not be offended if those without small children attended the park, specifically fantasyland. Disney is a place for children of all ages, with and without strollers.

Upvote 0

tkdmom

I went ahead and called Guest Services at Disney as we will be down there at that time.

Here's the deal - Little Ones Travel time is specifically for families with children 5 years and younger. They open Fantasyland only one hour early on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8-13 til 9-30.

My children are 3, 9, and 12. The CM said that this event is not for our family unless my 3 year was the only child attending.

So there you have it. I think Disney may have bit off more than they can chew with this promotion. I am not upset that we cannot attend because of my older children (it's not like we can't go the Magic Kingdom any other time), but I just bet there will be those who are offended or upset.

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

Are some adults actually wanting to take advantage of a program designed to benefit little kids? :lookaroun :brick: :zipit: :cool: :mad:

Sorry to be so harsh but it's just one hour of time.

Upvote 0

kennygman

I went ahead and called Guest Services at Disney as we will be down there at that time.

Here's the deal - Little Ones Travel time is specifically for families with children 5 years and younger. They open Fantasyland only one hour early on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8-13 til 9-30.

My children are 3, 9, and 12. The CM said that this event is not for our family unless my 3 year was the only child attending.

So there you have it. I think Disney may have bit off more than they can chew with this promotion. I am not upset that we cannot attend because of my older children (it's not like we can't go the Magic Kingdom any other time), but I just bet there will be those who are offended or upset.

I'll make a benefit of it and take my 2 year old in an hour early and spend some Daddy time while Mommy keeps the 7 & 9 year olds and then we'll switch the next time. This will be a great thing for her to do some of her rides.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Officially...

You don't need a little one with you as long as you yourself are young at heart! This special event is aimed at the preschool set, but all Disney Resort Guests are welcome (with proper Resort ID and admission ticket,) you will NOT be turned away if you are without a little one in your party. Same with the Playhouse Disney in Concert series.

The Little Ones Magic Hour will be offered during Little Ones Travel Time (Aug 13 - Sept 30, 2006). Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park will be open an hour early on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings for Disney Resort Guests with a valid theme park ticket and Resort I.D. Enjoy favorite attractions like “it's a small world”, Dumbo the Flying Elephant and Peter Pan. Youngsters will also enjoy a fun magical experience with favorite Disney Characters.

The Playhouse Disney in Concert series is presented by HUGGIES® and PULL-UPS® Brands. Disney-MGM Studios will showcase dynamic concerts and special entertainment for little ones throughout the Little Ones Travel Time. Youngsters can dance and sing along to their Disney Channel favorites including: The Wiggles, The Doodlebops, Johnny & the Sprites, Dan Zanes and more, all scheduled to perform on select days. Also, Disney Live Family Entertainment will feature the new Mickey's Magic Show, an amazing stage spectacular sure to surprise and delight your little one!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ryguy

Anybody who gives Disney a hard time for making things easier for toddlers and their parents is a loser. :mad: I applaud Disney for seeing a need and coming up with a fair and logical idea. Remember kids are future customers, the fun memories they have early in life at Disney will bring them back time and again. Which is good for all of us. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

tkdmom

I'll avoid it for one major reason. Only Fantasyland will be open, and not the whole thing at that. There are only about five rides available. Let's say a couple thousand people show up - you do the math.

I think it's a nice idea, but we have been to MK in September and the crowds aren't an issue. By attending this event, you just might have the only crowds of your trip because of the small area open to you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom