Little One's Magic Hour? Only with Little Ones?

kverdon

Hi all, (JP?)

My wife found this:

"The Little Ones Magic Hour will allow Guests staying at Walt Disney World owned and operated Resorts, ..... to enter Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom Park one hour prior to regularly scheduled Park opening to enjoy select Fantasyland attractions."

Another post we found mentions that it is designed for families traveling with toddlers and preschoolers. Question is, does this only apply to families traveling with small children or to all WDW resort quests? We don't have any kids but usually like to head to fantasyland right off and do Peter Pan and Philharmagic before they get crowded.

thanks,

Kevin and Mona (T-minus 5 weeks and counting...:sohappy: )

DisneyBride94

THough all three of my children are of the "targeted" age... we will miss this promotion by one day. :( We are arriving late on Friday the 29th of September... so the next available day would have been that Sunday... but the program ends on Sept. 30th, which is a Saturday. Oh well... I got all excited over nothing...

But I agree... anything that makes life easier for toddlers would be very welcome...

One thing that would be very welcome to me? If rental strollers were available at the Disney Resorts as well... It would be nice if you paid to have a stroller for the length of your stay, that you could get one at the resort as well... So many of the resorts are large and rooms are far flung form the pools/main buildings/lobbies/restaurants... having a rental stroller available on all Disney properties (And at the Market Place too) would mean I didn't have to lug strollers from home... I bring them from home so that I have them to use outside the parks... They come in very handy... I couldn't do Disney without strollers to use everywhere... Without strollers...kids would ________ out too fast... would get separated from us in crowds... and would simply not be able to enjoy the sights given that the kids would be too short to see anything and would spend the day looking at other peoples knees in the crowds...

As far as September NOT being crowded...that used to be the case before free dining was offered... last year it was WAY MORE crowded than in past Septembers...

We're still planning to do an EMH at MK on the regular day... a lot of grown ups are still drooling on their pillows at that our... it pays to get up and get out early, even if your eyes are still bloodshot. THank God for the coffee makers in the rooms! :)

Upvote 0

kennygman

I'll avoid it for one major reason. Only Fantasyland will be open, and not the whole thing at that. There are only about five rides available. Let's say a couple thousand people show up - you do the math.

I think it's a nice idea, but we have been to MK in September and the crowds aren't an issue. By attending this event, you just might have the only crowds of your trip because of the small area open to you.

While of course you are welcome to use the EMH or LO as you desire or do not desire. I thought I'd clear up a couple of things.
1. During morning EMH the whole park is never open. It is fantasyland and parts of tomorrowland including Space, Indy speedway, Buzz and Stitch
2. Fantasyland attractions that are open during AM EMH: Dumbo, Carosel, Small World, Pooh, Pan, Philharmagic
I don't think a lot of people will be aware of Little Ones benefit as many weren't aware of Free dining or concert series either. I think it will be much less than regular EMH.

Upvote 0

kverdon

Original Poster
Yikes!!!!! :lookaroun

Did not mean to start an argument. I was just unclear on the details (THANKS JP for clearing it up.). We would not have minded if Disney was limitting this to just famillies with little ones, we just wanted to know what the rules were so we could make our plans accordingly.

Kevin and Mona
(45 going on 5 :):wave:

Upvote 0

AEfx

I'm not sure which way it will be, but with your thinking, then they should have Big kids hours too. Only adults who don't have to be inconvienced by strollers in their way. Wow it seems awful silly when you say it that way doesn't it?

EXACTLY.

I love the rides in Fantasyland, and I'm going to this on my next trip. I'm a resort guest, with paid admission, and age shouldn't matter.

AEfx

Upvote 0
Does anyone have more details about Mickey's Magic Show? I love all of disney's live entertainment and was wondering if this is a show aimed at all ages or more like a playhouse disney style show? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I read about this in todays mail. I noticed it in my packet from Chase bank w/the Disney Rewards Visa Card. I wondered how they would do it, couldn't really see them turning away half a family because a sib was to old. Also, how would they determine age? there are some BIG kids now. The thing I jumped for joy was the free stroller rental for DRVC holders. I've been asking for that for years!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom