Little Mermaid on Broadway

ADevereaux

Shhhhhh!

I have seen a 'bootleg' version from Denver and it was MAGNIFICENT. It was truly wonderful and the leads were cast to PERFECTION.

I wish I lived closer to NYC so I could go but I will definitely see it in person sometime. It will be a BIG hit. Starts tomorrow!!!!!

raven

Someone on another forum listed some of the changes that it went through from Denver to NY.

I'll go find the post...

When any show is tried out in another city before it transfers to B'way it usually either suffers or gains elements. Broadway theaters are actually quite small compared to performance places around the U.S. and they have to downsize sets of rework a scene altogether. Also, Broadway has rules that don't partain to other theaters. This is why shows can seem completely different after they transfer to B'way. Sometimes the changes are better too!

bgraham34

My wife and I are planning to go see it around February. I wish I could see it sooner but it just aint gonna happen this year.

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
I saw the show on Saturday night. I had mezzanine seating. All I can say is one word: amazing!! Really, everything was incredible! The costumes, the music, the sets (even though one scenic piece was missing!) Anyway, it really is an incredible show and Sierra Boggess plays a magnificent Ariel!

mpoppins76

I saw the show on Saturday night. I had mezzanine seating. All I can say is one word: amazing!! Really, everything was incredible! The costumes, the music, the sets (even though one scenic piece was missing!) Anyway, it really is an incredible show and Sierra Boggess plays a magnificent Ariel!
So jealous!!

DizFanatic

Cant wait to see it!!! I bought my tix in the beginning of October. Got a sneak peak of the set. Construction was still going on. We're all set for Jan. 16, 2008:sohappy:

After seeing the Lion King, I don't know how they can top it!

michelle_sydney

I am seeing it at 8:00 on December 8th!!!!!! I am soo excited. We go every December to New York City and we always see two musicals! This was at the top of my list and we are sitting in row P Orchestra seating!!! I hope it is amazing. Sierra Boggess (spelling?) has some behind the scenes pictures on her myspace and they look soo cool. I can't wait!:eek:

wbboy29

I saw the very last performance they had in Denver before shipping it out to NYC. I thought it was GREAT!!! I really enjoyed it. If I had to complain about something though, it would be the heelys. Although I thought it was a cool idea and worked really well, I just thought there was to much of it. It lost it's specialness after a while. I would have liked to have seen a more even mix of wire work and heelys. Just to give the show a few more levels during the under water sequences. But again it was a great show, and Siera Boggess was AMAZING!!!!! She is going to be a HUGE broadway star. Other performers of note would have to be Sean Palmer (Prince Eric), Tyler Maynard & Derrick Baskin (Flotsam & Jetsam), and of course the INCREDIBLE Sherie Rene Scott (Ursula). They all did a fantastic job. :sohappy:

I hope to see it again on Broadway next year, just to see any of the changes, from Denver, for myself. :)

majortom1981

tickets for this saturday

I have tickets for this saturday. I will post a review in this thread after I get back at night. (the wonders of living an hour outside of NYC :))

I can't wait to go. I'm getting tickets around April for my birthday. I'm really upset they closed Tarzan with only 3 week notice, I would have loved to see it one more time. Beauty and the Beast was also good but the Little Mermaid is my favorite and I'm excited to get tickets!!

Karolena

One of my friends in college is from NYC, the Bronx, so we're planning a trip to the city to see The Little Mermaid and a few other shows. We just don't know exactly when this would happen. It's hard to find the time and money, since we're in college and pretty much have no money.

(Plus I'm saving up for a trip to Disney)

The show looks great and I'm excited to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom