Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

jt04

Original Poster
Screamscape is reporting the Little Mermaid clone and Fanasyland overhaul has or is about to be greenlighted! :xmas:

The Conundrum

Screamscape is reporting the Little Mermaid clone and Fanasyland overhaul has or is about to be greenlighted! :xmas:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

So you accuse me of getting my insider info from wikipedia and then you come out and announce you get your info from screamscape?

Irony at its finest

BTW, how far along is Bald Mountain Construction? and Beastly Kingdom?

jt04

Original Poster
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

So you accuse me of getting my insider info from wikipedia and then you come out and announce you get your info from screamscape?

Irony at its finest

BTW, how far along is Bald Mountain Construction? and Beastly Kingdom?

I report, you decide.

The Conundrum

It's possible Rasulo greenlit the Mermaid project since it just started construction at Disneyland and I can see him wanting to get some extra bang for the buck by clonning it. This one time I wouldn't blame him since the MK is in ruins and a new e-ticket (which should have been added ten years ago) would help take the burden off the few major attractions left in the park.

I am very skeptical that the rest of Fantasyland will get a big refurb. I would love to see it get one but this is the same company that will barely spend a few million to get Space Mountain back up to show standard.

A fantasyland refurb should have new facades, new attractions (some replacing old ones), and refurbishments and improvements to existing attractions. The same way that Tony Baxter and Joe Rhode did to Disneyland's Fantasyland in the 1980s.

jt04

Original Poster
It's possible Rasulo greenlit the Mermaid project since it just started construction at Disneyland and I can see him wanting to get some extra bang for the buck by clonning it. This one time I wouldn't blame him since the MK is in ruins and a new e-ticket (which should have been added ten years ago) would help take the burden off the few major attractions left in the park.

I am very skeptical that the rest of Fantasyland will get a big refurb. I would love to see it get one but this is the same company that will barely spend a few million to get Space Mountain back up to show standard.

A fantasyland refurb should have new facades, new attractions (some replacing old ones), and refurbishments and improvements to existing attractions. The same way that Tony Baxter and Joe Rhode did to Disneyland's Fantasyland in the 1980s.

I think it's more a case of they realize they need something special to commemorate the 40th anniversary of WDW and the Space Mountain sprucing up is not enough. So I believe this rumor is true. Also. it makes sense to roll out clones in a staggered timeline and the one at DCA is underway.

Let's just hope it is done with the idea of expanding the park in the future. They really need to plan these type adds for the long term. For example, I'm not at all sure the new Stitch Stage was designed with a lot of forward thinking about the future of the MK. :brick:

sponono88

if true, that'd be great news -- but screamscape isn't a very reliable source. It'd be nice to get official confirmation instead of the "maybe" "could be" "possibly" that has been going on for so many months now.

also, the 40th anniversary is quickly coming up.. shouldn't they be starting construction soon?

as for the fantasyland overhaul - DL 1983 Commercial - hopefully in the future we will see a similar ad for WDW :)

Magic Kingdom is in need of another E-ticket, and this would be a perfect addition for the park. The only thing I can see happening right now is the Little Mermaid attraction. The overhaul seems a bit to much as this time, although it really needs to be re-done.

From what I remember from the previous rumor the old 20k plot is where it would go.

That'd be great. Anything to give the 20k spot more of a legacy than a playground. That makes my teeth hurt just walking past "Pooh's Playful Spot" and thinking, underneath there lies one of the reasons I came to Disney...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That'd be great. Anything to give the 20k spot more of a legacy than a playground. That makes my teeth hurt just walking past "Pooh's Playful Spot" and thinking, underneath there lies one of the reasons I came to Disney...
Pooh's spot would more than likely remain....at least I can not see a reason why they would need to demolish it. It covered the space roughly equal to the queue of 20k. There is enough vacant land behind it to fit both Space and Splash Mountain.

kcnole

Whenever they do build the mermaid ride there I hope we get at least some lagoon back in the area. I really miss the beautiful look of the old lagoon although it was really sad to see it without any subs in it. I know the ride wouldn't go through the lagoon, but being able to just have some nice landscaping again would be nice.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Whenever they do build the mermaid ride there I hope we get at least some lagoon back in the area. I really miss the beautiful look of the old lagoon although it was really sad to see it without any subs in it. I know the ride wouldn't go through the lagoon, but being able to just have some nice landscaping again would be nice.
Im sure the front of that hypothetical show building would incorporate a lagoon of sorts. After all, it would be TLM.

ToTBellHop

Im sure the front of that hypothetical show building would incorporate a lagoon of sorts. After all, it would be TLM.
Not necessarily--depends on how they want to theme it. There won't be any lagoon out front of the DCA version. Of course, as with most things in CA vs. FL, we are likely to get a more elaborate queue line anyway (a la Toy Story Mania).

Thrill Seeker

What makes the most sense would be to turn Ariel's Grotto into the entrance for The Little Mermaid. Have the cave now be the start of the queue and at the end of the attraction, have a new Grotto meet and greet area.

hardcard

Oh god, shut up.. Really... I've had enough of the Space Mountain is going to suck after refurb , crap.... you don't know the plans, you don't know whats being done...

Damnit, some of you people LIVE to be negative... we need a damn negative forum for you to all hang out in and gripe about a missing bolt on a drink cart.

GothMickey

Oh god, shut up.. Really... I've had enough of the Space Mountain is going to suck after refurb , crap.... you don't know the plans, you don't know whats being done...

Damnit, some of you people LIVE to be negative... we need a damn negative forum for you to all hang out in and gripe about a missing bolt on a drink cart.

:sohappy:

Personally, I am sick on Enigma, er, condundrum, or what ever is alias is now. We all have our issues with things Disney does, but, my god, Enigma is one negative nellie.

Can someone please finally put an end to Enigma coming back to the site to spew his hatred, and to rile things up on here. I thought once you are banned, you are banned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom