Little Mermaid and Beasts Castle waterfalls?

stitch2008

Great! That got me going through some more pics, and here's what I found:
0045-29-06-20112a.jpg

49-04-12-20116a.jpg

0018-19-04-2011a.jpg

49-04-12-20114a.jpg

49-04-12-2011b.jpg

So there we are. 4 waterfalls, 3 at Mermaid and 1 at Beasts Castle

OBE

Well done.

^Nicely done! A very thorough analysis. :)

I'm especially curious about the Beast waterfall. It looks like they are trying to use forced perspective on it to make it appear higher/bigger than it really is. It will be interesting to see if the final result is convincing.

Exactly right. We'll see how it works.

Running a fountain on a closed loop inside a climate-controlled building a bit different from running a fountain outside, in Florida heat/humidity where much gets evaporated and they can't pump more water back into the system due to drought and water restrictions. Not saying all of the problem is that, but it's a big factor. Most of our state has had significant restrictions for year after year now on things like fountains. :shrug:

Or maybe they have a different water source that's exempt from the restrictions or maybe they don't care and just pay the fines. Or maybe that picture was taken during a period where restrictions weren't in place. Or maybe Universal doesn't care and uses grey water where guests can interact with it. Who the freakin' heck knows.

But it remains a fact that there are yearly restrictions on water usage here in Florida. And I didn't say it was the ONLY reason but it IS a major contributing factor to fountains all over Florida.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Don't pretend that Universal never had operational issues though. In the years leading up to Harry Potter opening they would turn off the water cyclone in Poseidon's Fury to save money.

Haha. I actually remember that.

Prototype82

Why don't you show the full picture of Hogwarts Castle that doesn't hide the show building.
How else would you hide it without throwing the architecture off? There is no giant cliff of rockwork behind Hogwarts. I didn't post this pic to bash Disney. I posted it to prove there is some truth to what Bigthundermatt said.

jjharvpro

Wait can guests at WWoHP see the show building from the park, or just backstage areas where they're not exactly supposed to see it?

invader

Wait can guests at WWoHP see the show building from the park, or just backstage areas where they're not exactly supposed to see it?

Inside the park. Those photos are on the side closest to the outside queue. The first picture seems to have been taken from the Jurassic Park area (behind the wooden fence you see there is the actual queue for FJ) and the other looks like it was taken while standing in line outside.

Devin36

I'm surprised Universal didn't give the whole building that brick/stone look or even just painted it to blend...can't imagine it would cost THAT much... I'll get there to check it out myself someday....I have yet to check out Universal but plan to work in a day or 2 there eventually...

ctxak98

I can conidently say I still dont really like the HP area all that much. I have already been in so many arguments over it that I literally dont care anymore but to mee its too cramped and the ride could use more detail. and well the other two rides they have, have been there for a long time(just re-themed) and YOU CAN DEFINATELY see the backstage area of the castle from inside the park....one of my many turn off moments on the land. They could have covered it better! I still think of Disney as a better place. Even though many of us pick out the bad things because we see them....many people do not and prefer Disney of Universal. Im not saying all but most people I know go to florida for disney and do a 1 day universal because lets face it....you can do all of there MAIN and good attractions in 1 day. Atleast I can.

Anyways I think the waterfalls are going to add a lot to the view. I really like the ones by mermaid considering its a sea themed ride...it just ties it all together and the one by beasts castle will make the castle seem far off in the distance! Very Excited!:)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't really think it's a fair comparison when one is based off of a cartoon medium.

Also, the beasts castle is being built to a much smaller scale then the Hogwarts. The forced perspective on Beast is supposed to make it feel much further away, thus less need for details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom