Little Mermaid and Beasts Castle waterfalls?

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Obviously there are waterfalls in the concept art, but looking at the actual rockwork, Im not seeing any sections of rock that would seem to be built to handle a waterfall? Are we still getting them?

MerlinTheGoat

Wondering this myself. The water functions give a really nice touch to the art, it would be a shame if they weren't included. Concept art CAN be overblown and not always accurate.

Of course, knowing the state of things at WDW, one wonders whether the current leadership at WDW would be able to maintain a load of these kinds of water features. I believe there are numerous water features that have been turned off as of late. Several fountains in Adventureland come to mind just as a few examples. Big Thunder i believe had several geysers that were nonworking for what may have been years. And inside Splash Mountain are numerous issues with water (particularly in the laughing place).

stitch2008

Obviously there are waterfalls in the concept art, but looking at the actual rockwork, Im not seeing any sections of rock that would seem to be built to handle a waterfall? Are we still getting them?

Its hard to tell from the pics. But im pretty sure they are in there. They are still working on stuff still so its better ask closer to opening.

Scuttle

If they upkeep it the same way as the castle moat then I'd rather it get cut to be honest. Most of the water features around WDW are in terrible shape.

IWant2GoNow

If they upkeep it the same way as the castle moat then I'd rather it get cut to be honest. Most of the water features around WDW are in terrible shape.

Just hope we don't end up with a sticky next to E:E's effects watch. I can see it now:

Went to MK today. Waterfall 1 & 3 on BatB were not working in the morning. And only waterfall 4 on TLM was working. Went back later in the afternoon and BatB had 1 & 2 working, while TLM was all off. At night they were all alternating from left to right like the Bellagio fountains.

PolynesianPrincess

Just hope we don't end up with a sticky next to E:E's effects watch. I can see it now:

Went to MK today. Waterfall 1 & 3 on BatB were not working in the morning. And only waterfall 4 on TLM was working. Went back later in the afternoon and BatB had 1 & 2 working, while TLM was all off. At night they were all alternating from left to right like the Bellagio fountains.

LMAO... that would be an attraction in itself. I can see all the guests stopping to watch it now... How amazed they would be!

RunnerEd

I didn't know that they had gotten to the point of testing the water features. Awesome!!!!! I would love to see some pictures of this!!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I didn't know that they had gotten to the point of testing the water features. Awesome!!!!! I would love to see some pictures of this!!!

No they haven't started testing them. The orignal poster was speaking hypothecially comparing the future BatB waterfall to the on and off state of other attraction effects.

ChristianG

Unplugged

There are water falls. When all the photos were posted before the rock work began, you could see where the tanks were mounted for the top of each of the falls. They were essentially rectangular boxes with a pipe rising to the top and a 180 bend back down. Thus filling the tank so the "overflow" creates the waterfall.

Check them out in these photos, in image 12 & 13 they are barely visible above the dark green construction wall.

BigThunderMatt

hy·po·thet·i·cal   [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl]
adjective
1. assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
2. of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
3. given to making hypotheses.
4. Logic .
a. (of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
b. (of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.

sar·casm   [sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

RunnerEd

hy·po·thet·i·cal   [hahy-puh-thet-i-kuhl]
adjective
1. assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
2. of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
3. given to making hypotheses.
4. Logic .
a. (of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
b. (of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.

sar·casm   [sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

You really need to step away from the computer and maybe have a drink or meet a girl.

Mike730

Have a look at pic number 10 over on OTPN's update on construction. I'm pretty sure the white part a little left of the middle is going to end up as the beginning of a waterfall!
http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2012/01/fantasyland-update-with-panoramic_25.html#more

Thats indeed a great catch. you can also see them here.... there appears to be 3.

fle1-22-12060.jpg

RunnerEd

Three steps ahead of you sir. But then again I wasn't the one that was blindly taking someone's hypothetical situation and interpreting it as reality.

My bad, sir. I take a 3 minute "stress relief" break from my job in emergency management right after a tornado warning expires in my state, 4 days after the same state was hit with 10 tornadoes killing two of our citizens. I cruise over to my favorite forum and post something without thoroughly reading it. You had every right to be a to me because I obviously have an intellect far to small for a Disney World fan forum. I sure hope you feel better.

OldBlueEyes

When all the photos were posted before the rock work began, you could see where the tanks were mounted for the top of each of the falls. They were essentially rectangular boxes with a pipe rising to the top and a 180 bend back down. Thus filling the tank so the "overflow" creates the waterfall.

Great! That got me going through some more pics, and here's what I found:
0045-29-06-20112a.jpg

49-04-12-20116a.jpg

0018-19-04-2011a.jpg

49-04-12-20114a.jpg

49-04-12-2011b.jpg

So there we are. 4 waterfalls, 3 at Mermaid and 1 at Beasts Castle

OBE

hpyhnt 1000

^Nicely done! A very thorough analysis. :)

I'm especially curious about the Beast waterfall. It looks like they are trying to use forced perspective on it to make it appear higher/bigger than it really is. It will be interesting to see if the final result is convincing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom