Little Known Facts

WDWScottieBoy

I've said it somewhere else but think it's cool enough to mention again. In the Star Tours queue, there are lots of little things going around the ceiling with robot parts in it, and on them there are two or three letters and numbers after them. Those represent the Imagineers initials and their birthdays that worked on the attraction.

mrtoad

waltdisny said:
Fulton's Crab House (Pleasure Island) used to be known as the Empress Lilly, after Walt's wife. <sigh>

The eyes in Madame Leota's tombstone move.

I believe that the boat is still called the Empress Lilly and the Restaurant on the boat is Fulton's Crab House.

I am almost embarrassed to ask since I have been going to WDW since the early 1970s, but was Madame Leota's tombstone always there? I don't think it was. If not when did it arrive?

Thanks,
Mike

SIR90210

When you're in Mission:Space waiting for launch, have fun pressing any and all of the buttons on the control panel, they make a bunch of wierd noises. My brother and I did this whiile we were waiting for them to fix our centrifuge. It was fun. :p Also in the M:S cockpit, there is a little port (like something you'd plug headphones into) with two arrows pointing at it. These arrows are labled "Fire" and "Hole".

Testtrack321

While in Mission:Space que, look in the middle of the giant gravity wheel. That logo you see is the old logo from Horizons, the ride previously in that location.

The waterway and the bridge over it between the UK and France is supposed to represent the English Channel (sp?)

The bridge between China and African Outpost raises and lowers to allow for the illuminations firework barges to be brought out.

FanofDinsey1981

mrtoad said:
I believe that the boat is still called the Empress Lilly and the Restaurant on the boat is Fulton's Crab House.

I am almost embarrassed to ask since I have been going to WDW since the early 1970s, but was Madame Leota's tombstone always there? I don't think it was. If not when did it arrive?

Thanks,
Mike

they put it in a few years ago, and it is quite obvious when you see it against the others. it looks newer, and is a bit bigger. you should go and check it out ;)

dandaman

Ever wonder why Tower of Terror is coloured an orange-ish pink? If you stand at the start of World Showcase, look out towards Morocco. Tower of Terror was painted to blend in with the Morrocan landscape, which you can see across the lagoon.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The names on the windows on the second stories of the buildings on main street represent the names of the individuals and "dummy" corporations used to purchase the land that WDW is on. Also, Walts name is on a window that faces the castle.

Here's a fun one. When the queue splits in the Tower of Terror at the first set of non-operating elevator, there is a sign in a glass case that tells you what is on the different floors of the building. Some of the letters have fallen off the sign and landed in the bottom of the glass case. Look down into the case because the letters have fallen in such a way that you get a "warning from the great beyond". VERY SPOOKY. ;)

mrtoad

FanofDinsey1981 said:
they put it in a few years ago, and it is quite obvious when you see it against the others. it looks newer, and is a bit bigger. you should go and check it out ;)

Thanks. I will be in about 3 months. We were there in January but there was no line each time and we got there as they were opening the door. So we had no time to graveyard gaze.

nickcarraway

rosebud's mom said:
At MGM there is a street light that has an umbrella attached to it. Go up and stand beneath it and hold the handle.

I haven't seen this work in years. With all the construction on that side of the park, is it even still there and/or operating?

stitchcastle

Here's a fun one. When the queue splits in the Tower of Terror at the first set of non-operating elevator, there is a sign in a glass case that tells you what is on the different floors of the building. Some of the letters have fallen off the sign and landed in the bottom of the glass case. Look down into the case because the letters have fallen in such a way that you get a "warning from the great beyond". VERY SPOOKY.

I know this one: "EVIL TOWER U R DOOMED" one of my favorites

why hasn;'t anybody mentioned the talking trash cans in tomorrowland?

Another not so big secret is every night after Wishes in MK, Mickey personally says goodbye from the train station. There is also the "goodnight kiss" light thingy that Cinderella Castle does.

Slipknot

If you don't know where to look, try finding hidden Mickey's, and the only hidden Minnie (hint: Great Movie Ride) on your own.

Again, if you don't know where to look, try and find the "wedding ring" in the pavement after you exit the Haunted Mansion.

And I agree with mrtoad. The front of the monorail is awsome!!! Great photo opportunity of SSE if you are in front heading to EPCOT!!!!!!!! Now if only they would get rid of that ugly wand...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Static-X said:
If you don't know where to look, try finding hidden Mickey's, and the only hidden Minnie (hint: Great Movie Ride) on your own.

Again, if you don't know where to look, try and find the "wedding ring" in the pavement after you exit the Haunted Mansion.

And I agree with mrtoad. The front of the monorail is awsome!!! Great photo opportunity of SSE if you are in front heading to EPCOT!!!!!!!! Now if only they would get rid of that ugly wand...

Will definately have to look for the wedding ring. I am a huge HM buff and didnt even know this one.

Also, agree, ditch the wand.....

Slipknot

hakunamatata said:
Will definately have to look for the wedding ring. I am a huge HM buff and didnt even know this one.

Found out about it earlier this year. Saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. In reality, its the reamains of a pole, but looks a lot like a diamond ring.

PurpleDragon

Static-X said:
Found out about it earlier this year. Saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. In reality, its the reamains of a pole, but looks a lot like a diamond ring.
I heard about this a long time ago, I make sure to try and find it everytime I exit the mansion.

If you go to Doombuggies.com they have some of the stories behind the mansion.

Here is link with a snippet on the ring: http://www.doombuggies.com/myths2.htm

goonsquads57

Buzz Lightyear said:
Here's a fun one. When the queue splits in the Tower of Terror at the first set of non-operating elevator, there is a sign in a glass case that tells you what is on the different floors of the building. Some of the letters have fallen off the sign and landed in the bottom of the glass case. Look down into the case because the letters have fallen in such a way that you get a "warning from the great beyond". VERY SPOOKY. ;)

The fallen letters spell out "EVIL TOWER YOU ARE DOOMED"

webmomom

Here are a couple more:

1.Cinderella's Carousel the one horse with the gold ribbon on its tail, that is suppose to be Cinderella horse.

2.The red, yellow and white pipes above the load area at Dinosaur are for Kechup, Mustard and Mayo and that the letters on each pipe are their chemcial formula.

3.Outside tonys rest at the MK are Ladys and Tramps foot prints in the cement.

4.Before the MK opens for the day, the WDW train is perfectly centered in front of the train station for those wishing to take pictures. It is the only time during the day that this occurs.

5.this one is one of my many favorite. If you turn down the first side street to your right on main street on a quiet day and look up at the windows that have signs in them and say music lessons, you will hear a voice practicing scales and some one tap dancing.

6. At the All Star Music you will see a series of musical notes around the lobby. these musical notes represent a favorite Disney tune. When You Wish UPon A Star.

7. At Ice Station Cool. Look at the treads on the Ice Tractor outside. They are in the shapes of coke bottles. Then look up at the satellite. The center is also a coke Bottle.

8. take a drink of water from the water Fountain in front of Mousegears at Epcot.. It talks to you.

9. There is a maze in the back of the UK at Epcot.

10. When you cross the bridge from the UK to France look down to the canal and you will see items sitting there. One is of a painting on an easel. the painting is of the store across the canal.

I could go on with a lot more, but my hand is getting tired

mrtoad

webmomom said:
Here are a couple more:

1.Cinderella's Carousel the one horse with the gold ribbon on its tail, that is suppose to be Cinderella horse.

The carousel itself was rescued from a NJ pier (not sure which). It was built in the early 20th century. Some of the horses are replicas as it was damaged. I am not sure how many though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom