Little girl gets accidentally leveled by CM during parade

nytimez

Total accident - but horrible and frightening. Not sure why Disney won't respond, unless she's already indicated that she's looking for a payday.

BTW, the headline on the news report says "knocked out," but as far as I can tell the report mentions only a black eye. Not that a black eye is fun, but it's a lot different from being knocked unconscious.

EDIT TO ADD: For some reason the audio didn't kick in right away when I started watching it, I heard the reporter say "knocked out" at the beginning of the report when I re-watched it. So, I'm guessing the kid was knocked out? Or was she using a figure of speech?

asc341

Original Poster
Total accident - but horrible and frightening. Not sure why Disney won't respond, unless she's already indicated that she's looking for a payday.

BTW, the headline on the news report says "knocked out," but as far as I can tell the report mentions only a black eye. Not that a black eye is fun, but it's a lot different from being knocked unconscious.

EDIT TO ADD: For some reason the audio didn't kick in right away when I started watching it, I heard the reporter say "knocked out" at the beginning of the report when I re-watched it. So, I'm guessing the kid was knocked out? Or was she using a figure of speech?

I didn't hear that she actually got knocked out either - a reason why I was careful with my wording for this thread...there sure is a big difference!

TyrantBoss

No good can come of kids getting involved in any show at Disney. Let the CMs do their job without having little rug rats out there to cause problems or get in the way.

Have you seen the little b*stards who have been swinging wildly at Darth Vader in the Jedi Training at DHS? Main reason why kids needs to just ride rides, watch shows and stay out of the way.

Goofyernmost

I'm sure they'll get something, but Disney probably won't make it public for obvious reasons. They'll have parents pushing their kids in front of things to get the reward. Gosh, I sure hope I was kidding just then. Of all the reasons I have heard for guests to get something extra from Disney, this is one of the more logical ones.

nytimez

I'm sure they'll get something, but Disney probably won't make it public for obvious reasons. They'll have parents pushing their kids in front of things to get the reward. Gosh, I sure hope I was kidding just then. Of all the reasons I have heard for guests to get something extra from Disney, this is one of the more logical ones.

I was actually wondering how long before stuff mentioned in this thread makes it onto certain other Disney boards as "insider tips" for "free stuff from Disney!!!!!"

Maybe we should just lock the thread here!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Oh boy..the tone of that piece has a little 'lawsuit to follow' ring to it.

That was indeed quite a blast she took -- that dude was in the middle of a Jean Claude Van Damme spin move when he connected with her little noggin it definitely had to hurt but it could have been worse...like let's say getting molested on a cruise line....

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The news report was weird. It says she got knocked out but nothing about a trip to the hospital. Did she just get knocked down or knocked out? Also the report makes it seem like they didn't contact Disney about the injury until they got home. If she was well enough to finish her trip why contact Disney when they got home, unless it's a cash grab?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom