Little Einsteins being phased out

I hear ya! But I also could not believe how long Jo-Jo and Goliath hung on at Play and Dine. I say out with the old and in with the new as far as Disney Junior goes!!

Yeah, these characters are great and all but they don't have the longevity of the full-length feature characters. Which is why Darkwing Duck isn't running around with the Rescue Rangers out in the parks!
It's nice to see them rotating and not letting characters stick around past their prime.

bmarkelon

Yeah, these characters are great and all but they don't have the longevity of the full-length feature characters. Which is why Darkwing Duck isn't running around with the Rescue Rangers out in the parks!
It's nice to see them rotating and not letting characters stick around past their prime.
Exactly! But Rescue Rangers would be awesome! I grew up watching that one! I've always loved classic Chip and Dale too though.

Remember Bear in the Big Blue House? My oldest, now 6, loved this on Playhouse Disney in the mornings. I loved him too, such a great and sweet show. With real catchy music! I have the absolute sweetest photo of her at 14 months on her first Disney trip watching Bear on the Playhouse Disney show. It was awesome!

I digress....my kids are definitely excited to meet Jake and hoping for Izzy too! They've moved on for sure!!

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes

Though you are right in that Darkwing Duck rarely appears these days and the Rescue Rangers are back in their original garb (nothing), Launchpad McQuack still appears every once in a while. Perhaps he has more significance because he appeared on both shows, DuckTales and Darkwing Duck? Or there are a lot of character friends with that height?

mousefreak

JoJo and Goliath?

Does anyone happen to know if JoJo is still available for meet and greet anywhere? She is still my daughter's favorite. We did the Play and Dine in 2009 and had such a great time with JoJo and Goliath. I know they have been phased out of the character meal, but wondered if they were still a part of meet and greet or the parades.

EnchantedRose

My son LOVES Jake!

My son has recently grown really attached to both Jake & The Neverland Pirates as well as Special Agent Oso (which I just find a bit creepy with the floating head and all). I hope this change happens before we go down in September. We are actually going to MNSSHP while were there and was thinking of dressing my son up as Jake!

britdaw

Remember Bear in the Big Blue House? My oldest, now 6, loved this on Playhouse Disney in the mornings. I loved him too, such a great and sweet show. With real catchy music! I have the absolute sweetest photo of her at 14 months on her first Disney trip watching Bear on the Playhouse Disney show. It was awesome!

My oldest was addicted to Bear! We took her to see him on a traveling show when she turned 1. My youngest now loves her sister's old VHS and DVDs that she still has. I wish Disney would bring Bear back! He was so cute!

erasure fan1

If all goes with The Muppets movie, we will be seeing a lot more of the muppets in the future!

Thats what I am hoping for as well. We have some of our all time best video footage of my daughter meeting Kermit and Piggy. They were out by muppet vision and she had a good 5 min with them uninterrupted. It was awesome!

Magenta Panther

Darkwing Duck needs to be resurrected, in my opinion. Definitely the best (and funniest) of latter-day Disney creations. In fact, I think a movie would be awesome, and perhaps a park show or dark ride. I'd love to have a picture of the Duck Knight (and me) for my WDW album...

TiggersPooh

Does anyone happen to know if JoJo is still available for meet and greet anywhere? She is still my daughter's favorite. We did the Play and Dine in 2009 and had such a great time with JoJo and Goliath. I know they have been phased out of the character meal, but wondered if they were still a part of meet and greet or the parades.

Jojo and Goliath are no longer doing meet and greets.

Though you are right in that Darkwing Duck rarely appears these days and the Rescue Rangers are back in their original garb (nothing), Launchpad McQuack still appears every once in a while. Perhaps he has more significance because he appeared on both shows, DuckTales and Darkwing Duck? Or there are a lot of character friends with that height?

Launchpad comes out for training once in awhile because he's the same size as Goofy.
For awhile he made regular appearance at DAK, although I have no idea why.

drew81

Original Poster
Update-

Little Einsteins will finish doing sets in August but will stay at Play n Dine until they can be replaced with another character(s).

WDWYankee15

Jake and the Neverland Pirates

Update-

Little Einsteins will finish doing sets in August but will stay at Play n Dine until they can be replaced with another character(s).

Does this mean they are going to be replaced by Jake and some of his friends from Jake and the Neverland Pirates at the Meet-and-Greet location outside Disney Junior Live on Stage?

Do you have a date for a change?

drew81

Original Poster
I think Jake will eventually come there. At least that's the rumor. The Einsteins are ending meet n greets outside of Disney Junior Live on Stage in August.

FigmentJedi

Darkwing Duck needs to be resurrected, in my opinion. Definitely the best (and funniest) of latter-day Disney creations. In fact, I think a movie would be awesome, and perhaps a park show or dark ride. I'd love to have a picture of the Duck Knight (and me) for my WDW album...

You need to check out the comics from Boom! Studios. It's been a great revival. They've also got Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales going on over there

WDWYankee15

I think Jake will eventually come there. At least that's the rumor. The Einsteins are ending meet n greets outside of Disney Junior Live on Stage in August.

Do you know of a targeted date? I will be going August 22nd. My kids would love to meet Jake. We have meet the Little Einsteins a bunch of times already.

davidc1578

Jake Photos

I have 2 photos of Jake from his 1st appearance anywhere (at least that is how it was advertised). This was back in May at the 500 festival kids day in Indianapolis. (One of the events leading up to the Indy 500). Radio Disney was a sponsor. See link to pictures. Hopefully it works.

http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j390/davidc78/Jake/

My kids are both big Jake fans so it would be great to see him and some of the other characters from the show we we go to WDW in January.

WDWYankee15

I have 2 photos of Jake from his 1st appearance anywhere (at least that is how it was advertised). This was back in May at the 500 festival kids day in Indianapolis. (One of the events leading up to the Indy 500). Radio Disney was a sponsor. See link to pictures. Hopefully it works.

http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j390/davidc78/Jake/

My kids are both big Jake fans so it would be great to see him and some of the other characters from the show we we go to WDW in January.

I actually know that Jake appeared at the Social Media Mom's event at DHS a few months prior to that (I believe it was in March). That touched off a lot of rumors that Jake would be appearing soon at DHS for meet-and-greets, but yet there has been no further information until today's posts.

drew81

Original Poster
I haven't heard a start date for Jake. I would assume it will be down the road and not in August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom